Zone1 Did Jesus really say or imply that most people don't make it to Heaven?

I don't see it that way. I see Christ/a Divine spark in others. That comes from loving God and loving others.

Being critical and judgmental of others is life in that higher level of hell.

sounds like you are not above being judgmental of me

I don't judge people, but their actions MUST be judged. Otherwise there is chaos and misery and

United States 2023... (stolen elections, baby murder continuing... border over-run by who knows whom.........................)

So since Jesus was not hated by all, Him saying that WE his followers will be is

what? a false interpretation of Scrpture? !

Not at all. John's Gospel notes that the followers of Christ will be hated by the world. What does the world hate? It hates non-conformity. It is often true If one does not conform to world views, one is brushed aside, mocked, shunned. Break this down further. A smaller world is one's own family. The non-conformist or black sheep of the family always stands out, and to the rest of the family perhaps not in a good way. The same is true in the business world.

You have made it clear you hate me because I do not conform to your view of Catholicism, your interpretation of scripture. etc. You can barely stand to discuss anything with me.

sounds like you are not above being judgmental of me
Then check your hearing. I am--and have always been--interested in your perspective. You do seem intolerant of other perspectives. Perhaps that is why you think I am being judgmental. This is not a judgment, it is an observation that you are totally convinced you are right. Nothing wrong with that--my mom was the same way about everything. When someone is totally convinced they have it right, it follows they are equally convinced anyone else has it wrong. Thanks to my mom, I clearly understand that. She always saw in black and white and could not fathom those who see in shades of grey.

Well, I have read the entire Bible-- the most reliable version thereof on the Planet. And yes, he did say such

Here is Mt 7:14 (from Bible Gateway)

Matthew 7:14​

New International Version (this is NOT the version I have read but 90% of the time, there are no serious differences)

14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Then there is Luke 13:24

New International Version​

24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.

The Douay Rheims version that I have read 1 1/2 times says (I am fairly certain)

many will attempt to enter but will not be strong enough

that is a better way to say it because it takes an awful lot to fight

the world
the flesh
and the devil

all formidable foes, all too strong for a human being without Christ--without HIS True Church

+
2 most important words in the parable of the talents, "you knew."

??

The Truth is verifiable through experience as well as through written Words. that's not to say that the Bible is merely written wor

??

The Truth is verifiable through experience as well as through written Words. that's not to say that the Bible is merely written words. I say it is God's Word. Can I prove that to atheists? No... but at least I -- not usually them-- have read it
Why respoind to him? I have him on mute as he is no friend to the best among us. Unless you are on the same warped team as he is on. Regardless. If one were to guess, maybe 1-2% experience an Afterlife. This is why keeping G_ds commands is so vital. We should all be worried we aren't doing enough to be accepted, I havenflaws which I worry Icannot overcome. I do not care who we are in life, especislly if one grows older, wiser and weaker, we will all come to the conclusion that there is a creator. This isnwhy my.focus is more on what does G_d want of me? Fear of the Lords.disappointment is important.

Last edited:
This isnwhy my.focus is more on what does G_d want of me?
St. Therese wondered this same thing. She was so small and without strength that she was not given responsibility over great things. Her conclusion of what the Lord wanted of her? To do all the little things that she was presented with throughout the day with great love--no matter how small. Ask, "What love can I bring to this task, to this interaction?"

Jesus is the model of the Ideal which is God. In whatever task is before us, how close can we come to handling it ideally? In each task, each meeting with another, what might be that 'extra mile' Christ advised that we walk?

Not at all. John's Gospel notes that the followers of Christ will be hated by the world. What does the world hate? It hates non-conformity. It is often true If one does not conform to world views, one is brushed aside, mocked, shunned. Break this down further. A smaller world is one's own family. The non-conformist or black sheep of the family always stands out, and to the rest of the family perhaps not in a good way. The same is true in the business world.

You have made it clear you hate me because I do not conform to your view of Catholicism, your interpretation of scripture. etc. You can barely stand to discuss anything with me.
so because I hate your novus ordo "leanings" that means I hate YOU?

um... whatever

Then check your hearing. I am--and have always been--interested in your perspective. You do seem intolerant of other perspectives. Perhaps that is why you think I am being judgmental. This is not a judgment, it is an observation that you are totally convinced you are right. Nothing wrong with that--my mom was the same way about everything. When someone is totally convinced they have it right, it follows they are equally convinced anyone else has it wrong. Thanks to my mom, I clearly understand that. She always saw in black and white and could not fathom those who see in shades of grey.
Or maybe I am right..

It stands to reason that when you find objective Truth (one definition being: it conforms to the Bible which both C and Ps say IS God's Word/Truth)

you ACT like it

Why respoind to him? I have him on mute as he is no friend to the best among us. Unless you are on the same warped team as he is on. Regardless. If one were to guess, maybe 1-2% experience an Afterlife. This is why keeping G_ds commands is so vital. We should all be worried we aren't doing enough to be accepted, I havenflaws which I worry Icannot overcome. I do not care who we are in life, especislly if one grows older, wiser and weaker, we will all come to the conclusion that there is a creator. This isnwhy my.focus is more on what does G_d want of me? Fear of the Lords.disappointment is important.
If you think I may be on "the same warped team as" a liberal (Donald H), I can't see how we can be simpatico.. :oops:

Not in Canada,.no. Maybe 3-4% are liberal or believe in our Charter of Rights and Freedoms. We are a Police State, circa Soviet Union 1982
I've read that guy's posts in Politics. He is a liberal if there ever was one.

2 most important words in the parable of the talents, "you knew."
That applies to Catholics and Protestants who replaced GOD'S Sabbath with pagan Sunday and all the other false doctrine they promote and most blindly follow.

"You knew"

the religion of antiquity, parable of noah - both will be the culmination of not an individual but all humanity - being the same - that will render the concluding final judgement.
And what a deal! I get to be thought of as "too wise to believe in Jesus!"

that is what jesus taught, liberation theology, self determination ... not the religion of servitude and denial, the 4th century c-bible - moronic, nom5.

Jesus didn’t put it on the internet — so it doesn’t count.

But Trump’s very own words appeared on “Truth Social” & with my very own eyes I saw him on TV saying our whole country will be “saved” if we just stop those Demonrat devils from stealing the next election and vote our Rightful God Fearing President Donald Trump back into the White House — and I believe him!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back