Did Biden Commit Treason?

Was he aware of China's balloon? If so and he just allowed it to happen him and everybody involved with it should be charged with treason and I would say legally executed but I'm not sure if capital punishment fits that crime in real life like it does in the movies. Still at the very least be put behind bars for life.

It is not at all illegal for planes, balloons, etc., from other countries to pass over the airspace of different countries.
The only times it is illegal is if they have weapons, they do not follow flight rules, etc.

You call this "China's balloon", but China had wanted to, they could have bought a US balloon and done the same thing, or even launched it from some place in the US.

There is no law preventing use of international airspace.

And over 14,000' is totally up for grabs.
This balloon likely was intended for higher altitudes, and malfunctioned?

It is not at all illegal for planes, balloons, etc., from other countries to pass over the airspace of different countries.
The only times it is illegal is if they have weapons, they do not follow flight rules, etc.

You call this "China's balloon", but China had wanted to, they could have bought a US balloon and done the same thing, or even launched it from some place in the US.

There is no law preventing use of international airspace.

And over 14,000' is totally up for grabs.
This balloon likely was intended for higher altitudes, and malfunctioned?
the Kármán line, at an altitude of 100 km (62 mi) above sea level,[7][8] is conventionally used as the start of outer space in space treaties and for aerospace records keeping. The framework for international space law was established by the Outer Space Treaty, which was passed by the United Nations in 1967. This treaty precludes any claims of national sovereignty and permits all states to freely explore outer space.

Did you ever discover the propulsion device?

Balloons typically do not have propulsion.
They rely on wind.

{...
High-altitude winds are a different beast. From 60 to 95 miles above the ground, in the lower thermosphere, winds can blast in the same direction at the same speed — around 250 mph — for a few hours at a time before suddenly reversing direction. (By comparison, winds in the strongest Category 5 hurricanes tear at 157 mph or more.)

These dramatic shifts are the result of waves of air, called tides, born at Earth’s surface when the lower atmosphere heats up during the day then cools down at night. They surge through the sky daily, carrying changes from below.
...}

the Kármán line, at an altitude of 100 km (62 mi) above sea level,[7][8] is conventionally used as the start of outer space in space treaties and for aerospace records keeping. The framework for international space law was established by the Outer Space Treaty, which was passed by the United Nations in 1967. This treaty precludes any claims of national sovereignty and permits all states to freely explore outer space.

There are plenty of international satellites at much lower altitudes, like 12 miles or so.
It is not legal to shoot them down unless they have weapons that pose a threat.

They rely on wind.

{...
High-altitude winds are a different beast. From 60 to 95 miles above the ground, in the lower thermosphere, winds can blast in the same direction at the same speed — around 250 mph — for a few hours at a time before suddenly reversing direction. (By comparison, winds in the strongest Category 5 hurricanes tear at 157 mph or more.)

These dramatic shifts are the result of waves of air, called tides, born at Earth’s surface when the lower atmosphere heats up during the day then cools down at night. They surge through the sky daily, carrying changes from below.
...}
The General on Fox was talking about this one having propulsion and steering control. I dunno, the zeppelins did.

Was he aware of China's balloon? If so and he just allowed it to happen him and everybody involved with it should be charged with treason and I would say legally executed but I'm not sure if capital punishment fits that crime in real life like it does in the movies. Still at the very least be put behind bars for life.
Are we at war with China? If not, no one can be guilty of treason. Read your Constitution.

Is he stupid? Yes. Did he commit treason? No.

OMG, are you kidding me? It was a flipping balloon. I am kinda pissed we probably spent in excess of a million bucks shooting down, not counting the interference in civilian traffic. Treason, yea, that is it. What goofballs.
Yeah... instead of a missile the pilot should have just used his guns to poke a few holes in the bag.

They rely on wind.

{...

...}

This one had propulsion and was controllable.

There are plenty of international satellites at much lower altitudes, like 12 miles or so.
It is not legal to shoot them down unless they have weapons that pose a threat.
if a satellite is that low, the atmospheric drag will quickly make it fall to earth. The generally accepted lower limit for satellites is 200km, otherwise its too much air drag to keep it up.

I guess intelligent discussion includes, "Up yours." on your level, so up yours.

I can't have an intelligent discussion with someone that believes that a ballon the size if two school buses with propulsion and the ability to control just happened to randomly float across the entire US.

I can't have an intelligent discussion with someone that believes that a ballon the size if two school buses with propulsion and the ability to control just happened to randomly float across the entire US.
Did I say that? Seriously, if I did I was mistaken, I don't know why it was here. I have just been thinking about it on this thread.

Forum List

Back