Did ANYONE on this board see a savings from Obamacare?

I've become very adapt in recognizing when my attempt to educate will fall on death ears....

Now, if you'd said you were adept at recognizing when your attempt to education would fall on deaf ears, we might be able to get somewhere...

And single payer is shit too.

Seems to work in other countries. Apparently you think Americans aren't smart enough to make it work here.

Yes, it works so well in Canada that their politicians come to the USA for their medical procedures. Single payer is great so long as you're not truly sick. If you get a broken leg or some such, it's great. Get cancer though and you're screwed as 52,000 of them figured out so they left to get treatment so they could live.

More than 52,000 Canadians travelled abroad for health care last year, study finds

I don't buy that.

5 Myths About Canadian Health Care - AARP

I don't care what you "buy". The facts are the facts. Read the link. The TWO Canadian politician cases are very well known.... Your opinion doesn't mater a bit when not one but two Canadian politicians abandon their vaunted medical system to seek treatment here in the US. Because they wanted to live. ER care is great in Canada. Get diagnosed with a dread disease however and you're screwed. You have to wait in line for your treatment and in the meantime your cancer spreads and you die. That is the reality of Canadian cancer treatment.

Stronach went to U.S. for cancer treatment: report

CTV.ca News Staff
Published Friday, September 14, 2007 7:57AM EDT
Liberal MP Belinda Stronach, who is battling breast cancer, travelled to California last June for an operation that was recommended as part of her treatment, says a report.

Stronach's spokesman, Greg MacEachern, told the Toronto Star that the MP for Newmarket-Aurora had a "later-stage" operation in the U.S. after a Toronto doctor referred her.

Canadian Premier's Heart Surgery Plans Raise Questions About Health Care
A prominent Canadian politician’s decision to undergo heart surgery in the U.S. has touched off a debate about national health care in his own country.

At the center of controversy is Danny Williams, premier of Newfoundland and Labrador. Williams’ decision to head south across the border for his surgery is drawing fire from defenders of the Canadian health-care system – a favorite example for proponents of a government-run health care in the U.S.

Canadian Premier's Heart Surgery Plans Raise Questions About Health Care | Fox News

I've become very adapt in recognizing when my attempt to educate will fall on death ears....

Now, if you'd said you were adept at recognizing when your attempt to education would fall on deaf ears, we might be able to get somewhere...

Seems to work in other countries. Apparently you think Americans aren't smart enough to make it work here.

Yes, it works so well in Canada that their politicians come to the USA for their medical procedures. Single payer is great so long as you're not truly sick. If you get a broken leg or some such, it's great. Get cancer though and you're screwed as 52,000 of them figured out so they left to get treatment so they could live.

More than 52,000 Canadians travelled abroad for health care last year, study finds

I don't buy that.

I don't care what you "buy". The facts are the facts. Read the link. The TWO Canadian politician cases are very well known.... Your opinion doesn't mater a bit when not one but two Canadian politicians abandon their vaunted medical system to seek treatment here in the US. Because they wanted to live. ER care is great in Canada. Get diagnosed with a dread disease however and you're screwed. You have to wait in line for your treatment and in the meantime your cancer spreads and you die. That is the reality of Canadian cancer treatment.

CTV.ca News Staff
Liberal MP Belinda Stronach, who is battling breast cancer, travelled to California last June for an operation that was recommended as part of her treatment, says a report.

Stronach's spokesman, Greg MacEachern, told the Toronto Star that the MP for Newmarket-Aurora had a "later-stage" operation in the U.S. after a Toronto doctor referred her.

A prominent Canadian politician’s decision to undergo heart surgery in the U.S. has touched off a debate about national health care in his own country.

At the center of controversy is Danny Williams, premier of Newfoundland and Labrador. Williams’ decision to head south across the border for his surgery is drawing fire from defenders of the Canadian health-care system – a favorite example for proponents of a government-run health care in the U.S.

Canadian Premier's Heart Surgery Plans Raise Questions About Health Care | Fox News
Why are people mad he came to the US? Shouldnt you be able to go where you think the best care is? Why does that mean the US wont have the best care if they have it now?

I don't buy that.

CTV.ca News Staff

Why are people mad he came to the US? Shouldnt you be able to go where you think the best care is? Why does that mean the US wont have the best care if they have it now?

The Canadians are pissed off because he jumped the line. He used his wealth, surprise, surprise to get medical care that they can't. The Canadian health care system is fucked up because they don't have enough doctors to go around because they aren't paid well. The reality is you can get your dog a CT scan faster than you can get your mom one.

I don't buy that.

CTV.ca News Staff

The Canadians are pissed off because he jumped the line. He used his wealth, surprise, surprise to get medical care that they can't. The Canadian health care system is fucked up because they don't have enough doctors to go around because they aren't paid well. The reality is you can get your dog a CT scan faster than you can get your mom one.
I know people that live in Canada and they rave about their healthcare system. Same thing in Spain.

I don't buy that.

CTV.ca News Staff

I know people that live in Canada and they rave about their healthcare system. Same thing in Spain.

Yes, like I said their ER care is great. No argument. It's the terrible, possibly life threatening diseases that are the problem.

CTV.ca News Staff

Yes, like I said their ER care is great. No argument. It's the terrible, possibly life threatening diseases that are the problem.
They have private doctors they can go to just like here.

CTV.ca News Staff

If they have the money. Most don't. If they do have the money they generally leave and get treatment here in the US.

If they have the money. Most don't. If they do have the money they generally leave and get treatment here in the US.
Thats not what my people do. They go where its convenient to them in their own country unless there is a better doctor for something life threatening out of the country. Most people dont have life threatening illnesses and its normal to go where the best doctor is. Some people go to Germany. Has nothing to do with ACA.

Thats not what my people do. They go where its convenient to them in their own country unless there is a better doctor for something life threatening out of the country. Most people dont have life threatening illnesses and its normal to go where the best doctor is. Some people go to Germany. Has nothing to do with ACA.

Depends on what sort of cancer you have. Treatment in the USA gives you a BETTER chance at living than you get in Europe for all cancers. All of them. Prostate cancer survival rates in the USA are 34% better than Europe. Guess where Canadians are going to go if they have the option....

"For all cancers, Europe had a much lower survival than the US. Survival for prostate cancer in the US is 91.9% compared to 57.1% in Europe - a 34% difference. The difference for breast cancer survival, however, is 10%. In Europe, the western countries generally had higher cancer survival rates: France led survival for rectum and colon cancers, Sweden led for breast cancer (82%), and Austria led for prostate cancer. Eastern Europe, on the other hand, did not perform as well. Slovakia had the lowest survival rates for rectal cancer in men and breast cancer, and Poland had the lowest survival rates for the other studied cancers."

Study Of 31 Countries Finds Wide Variations In Cancer Survival Rates

CTV.ca News Staff

Really? I read that most ERs in Canada are routinely filled to capacity, with some patients being forced to be taken to the US for care, because the hospitals are refusing to accept more ER patients.

Where did you get your information from? I'd like to read it.

The average family of four makes 50 to 75 K per year.

They can afford 34 K ?

Good to know.
What part about the "US" confused you?

Was there something you wanted to point out.

Don't be afraid.
I already pointed out your intellect has vast gaps in regards to your reading comprehension. I said the US could afford to give every citizen free health care and you start asking what family can afford 34k a year. That is a disturbing disconnect you have going on there.

If I look up the word ignorant I'm sure your picture is right there.
Pay your own damn way kid, we don't owe you anything.
When I looked up the word ignorant i saw your avatar.

I pay my way and several others such as yourself. I dont mind either. Everyone should have healthcare. The US government makes enough money to provide everyone free health care. i am with that all the way.

Nope.
A) You are a liar and a taker
B) You, like most inner city negroes think us po wite folk owes you something.

Last edited:
The average family of four makes 50 to 75 K per year.

They can afford 34 K ?

Good to know.

Don't be afraid.
I already pointed out your intellect has vast gaps in regards to your reading comprehension. I said the US could afford to give every citizen free health care and you start asking what family can afford 34k a year. That is a disturbing disconnect you have going on there.

I pay my way and several others such as yourself. I dont mind either. Everyone should have healthcare. The US government makes enough money to provide everyone free health care. i am with that all the way.

"The US government makes enough money......."

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

We are in deficit spending now......

So, please tell me how we can afford more.

Don't be afraid.

Cut military spending for starters.

Don't be afraid.

Nope.
Youre too poor for me to expect anything from. Youre just white trash.

Don't be afraid.

I agree we should not be spending that much (of course, you left wingers always like government spending money so it must be a love-hate kind of idea).

It's still not going to free up that much money.

Don't be afraid.

Nope.

And you spend your life making white people in voting lines laugh.

I agree we should not be spending that much (of course, you left wingers always like government spending money so it must be a love-hate kind of idea).

Nope. i just think its dumb spending that much money on something so useless when you have more important stuff to take care of. I have no problem paying taxes. I think of it as a fee for allowing me to make as much money as i want to.

Nope.

And you spend your life making white people in voting lines laugh.
Those must be some dumb white people since I vote by mail in ballet all the time.

Nope. i just think its dumb spending that much money on something so useless when you have more important stuff to take care of. I have no problem paying taxes. I think of it as a fee for allowing me to make as much money as i want to.

I agree.

But that isn't going to free up money to pay for people's health care.

Or did you miss that point ?

I agree.

But that isn't going to free up money to pay for people's health care.

Or did you miss that point ?
Cutting the military budget alone would pay for peoples health care or did you miss that point?

Forum List

Back