Did America save Australia in ww2

More then likely America saved Australia from eventual occupation by the Japanese.
Japan was invading nations left and right and rolling over nations like china etc with ease, they were brutal and killed civilians left and right even children , raping women and in general being real monsters.

Australia was and still is a weak nation with a small military. They were in no position to defend themselves.
Japan was not large enough to occupy Australia

Well Well, they occupied a big chunk of China and parts of Russia ,Laos .Vietnam , Cambodia French held lands all over the south Pacific , Korea ,Thailand Malaysia , the Philippines , Singapore , along with several more nations for a total population of 463,677,000 under their thumb .
Yea sure they wouldn't be able to handle Australia and its mighty military because of their swollen egos and small penis size , lol seriously you actually think Japan couldn't take Australia then?
what was stopping them the mighty Australia navy lol ?Or your huge Military?
Or maybe the fact we were busy destroying them , which makes more sense ? and you question my intelligence lol. that swollen ego from down under is really massive unlike you short penis numbers.

Im sure Japan could invade all those nations but couldn't handle the mighty Australians , lol what a chump .
Japan did not take over china or Australia. Get your facts straight, china had airfields for American aircraft, not sure if your mom told you this
I didnt say they took over China or Australia cant you read, O wait you must be Australian . they invaded china and may other nations its called a occupation which they did do of parts of china if you were able to read along with many other nations if you could read.
next I know they didn't go after Australia Daaaaaaa if you could read you would see that I said the USA probally prevented the Japs from eventually doing that , seems your as smart as Jake
Actually my father single handedly took Okinawa with a few of his 5th marine buddies.

You may continue babbling
O your father singled handed took Okinawa lol another lying moron . there were 180,000 marines and army involved in it , that sounds like a few more then your dads buddys and you completly forgot the army and and navy's 5th fleet involvement .
Yawn, who in your family was there?
my grandfather was in ww2 and saw action in the Pacific . but that has nothing to do with your stupid ignorant claim that your dad single handed and a few buddys defed the when over 200 ground troops were involved and the 5th fleet, or you other stupid claims such as Japan didnt occupy part of china which it clearly did it killed over 200,00 in 1 city alone and claiming I said japan invaded Australia which I never said , I said the usa saved down under from japan .
Where in the Pacific? Did he get to Oz??

Greg

Well? Is the OP ever going to stop playing coy and explain what has given him such a hard-on about Australia? Did a kangaroo beat you up in middle school or something?
no I have explained it many times I don't like Australians they have hug egos are rud and think they are gods gift to the world , seem you cant read either
What bloody interaction with Ozzies have you actually had? Met some tourists at Disneyworld??

Greg

I didn't know that Brisbane had been such a shithole to the Marines. There is indeed a lot of swampland around Brisbane; much of it today is prime real estate. Places like Wynnum, Manly and Ft Lytton spring to mind. Melbourne would have been HEAVEN compared to Bris...I live about 100 miles west of Bris but have several boats moored in and near Moreton Bay.

Greg

More then likely America saved Australia from eventual occupation by the Japanese.
Japan was invading nations left and right and rolling over nations like china etc with ease, they were brutal and killed civilians left and right even children , raping women and in general being real monsters.

Australia was and still is a weak nation with a small military. They were in no position to defend themselves.
Australia and Canada won WW1
It was their troops whom the Germans feared and who were able to ensure the final break through
General Monash comes to mind. But to be fair; the yanks were good once they got some blooding.

Greg

My dad was in Australia, New Guinea, and Leyte where he was a jungle fighter. His group was so isolated that they had no food or ammunition just like the Japs they were fighting. They made a pact with the Japs to say on their side of the jungle. He missed the Bataan death march because the Japs did not think they were worth capturing and would probably starve to death anyway. He and his company were eventually rescued after being spotted by air reconnaissance. He weighed 85 pounds when he was rescued. He had no idea what happened to the Japs.

He did mention that the Australians had bad teeth due to something in their diet and their environment.
Bad teeth?? Too much red meat maybe. lol. Poms yes; but Aussies?? News to me.

Greg

Japan took over New Guinea where millions of soldiers died in vain because natives sided with Australia. Probably this was the biggest strategic mistake committed by the Japanese Empire, which ensured its demise. The rationale behind its imperial expansion in Asia was the liberation of Asian peoples from the colonial yoke. However, Papuans and Aboriginals were incapable of governing themselves. Despite the fact that there was no actual plan to invade Australia to liberate Aboriginals, Australia's coastal towns were threatened by occasional Japanese raids from New Guinea, for which Australia needed America's help. In return, Australia served as a strategic base for American troops to take back the Philippines that was temporarily lost to the Japanese Empire. It was a win-win deal for both countries since Australia could not count on the British Empire for the nation's defense.

Last edited:
I have an old picture somewhere of my dad and my uncle eddy holding a Japanese flag stretched between them in Australia. I asked him if that flag was taken in a battle and he said no. The japs gave it up in trade for some K-rations. Everybody took pictures with the flag and sent them home.

I have an old picture somewhere of my dad and my uncle eddy holding a Japanese flag stretched between them in Australia. I asked him if that flag was taken in a battle and he said no. The japs gave it up in trade for some K-rations. Everybody took pictures with the flag and sent them home.

Sometimes other things...

Forum List

Back