Diary of an Exorcist

New book out today from an American exorcist - Msgr. Stephen Rossetti:

Diary of an American Exorcist

I had a girlfriend who was a Christian, 15 or so years ago. Sadly she passed away. We were driving around one day and saw some guy on the street who was obviously out of his mind. He was yelling and screaming unintelligibly and I joking said to her that he must be possessed by demons.

I then jokingly said "In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I cast you demons out of this poor man."

My friend turned white as a ghost and told me that the Devil is not one to be taken lightly, and that we should just leave, get out of there.

Looking back, I'm inclined to believe that she was right. Satan can flat fuck up your life. He's a liar and a murderer, and can appear in any form he wants to. The thing is, he can't be in more than one place at a time. BUt he does have an unknown number of demons, those being the former one-third of the angels who revolted in the war against God. He seldom appears to most of us and if he did, very few of us would have the kind of faith it takes to send him scurrying off.

Satan did in fact appear to Martin Luther, though. (Not martin Luther King)

Martin Luther threw an ink well at him and he went away. I would imagine that Satan wanted to destroy him, seeing how he was about to reform Catholicism. But we less-important people only get plagued by lesser demons, not by the Devil himself.

Last edited:

I had a girlfriend who was a Christian, 15 or so years ago. Sadly she passed away. We were driving around one day and saw some guy on the street who was obviously out of his mind. He was yelling and screaming unintelligibly and I joking said to her that he must be possessed by demons.

I then jokingly said "In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I cast you demons out of this poor man."

My friend turned white as a ghost and told me that the Devil is not one to be taken lightly, and that we should just leave, get out of there.

Looking back, I'm inclined to believe that she was right.
I once tried to cast the demons out of an ex during one of her drunken bi-polar freakouts. It didn't work and she damned sure didn't think it was funny. Ended up having to cast her out.

Looking back, I'm inclined to believe that she was right.
I once tried to cast the demons out of an ex during one of her drunken bi-polar freakouts. It didn't work and she damned sure didn't think it was funny. Ended up having to cast her out.

Bi-polar chicks are the worst. Especially when they do drugs or drink.

But on a positive note, it's like getting two chicks for the price of one.

Forum List

Back