DHS preparing to arrest sanctuary city leaders?

:lol:

Not gonna happen.

But keep your hopes up, it's fun to watch.
That's sorta why I ended the OP heading with a question mark. I don't know but to me it seems like they are breaking fed laws by helping illegals.

Well, that's the thing. Sanctuary city policies don't "help" illegal immigrants - they just don't help the feds.

There's no law that says states or cities have to actively help the federal government against their own interests.
Not turning them over to ICE isn't helping them? Sure it is.

No, it's not. It is simply failing to help INS.

In this country (with a few very specific exceptions), "crimes" require what's know as an "actus reas" - a criminal act. Failure to act is not a crime.

Letting someone go after their local due process, rather than holding them for INS is not an "act", but an absence of one.

So you'd rather endanger the general public with raids in the streets rather than doing it in a safe manner and in a controlled environment?
kate got killed in the streets by a single illegal without the stress of being picked off the vine like a rotten tomato.

If you are in law enforcement and you know that the party you have in custody has committed an illegal act then it is legally incumbent upon you to see that the process plays out and you should not be deciding "it's not my law" and release them. In fact, you yourself should be incarcerated for doing so

Not gonna happen.

That's sorta why I ended the OP heading with a question mark. I don't know but to me it seems like they are breaking fed laws by helping illegals.

Well, that's the thing. Sanctuary city policies don't "help" illegal immigrants - they just don't help the feds.

There's no law that says states or cities have to actively help the federal government against their own interests.

In this country (with a few very specific exceptions), "crimes" require what's know as an "actus reas" - a criminal act. Failure to act is not a crime.

Letting someone go after their local due process, rather than holding them for INS is not an "act", but an absence of one.

So you'd rather endanger the general public with raids in the streets rather than doing it in a safe manner and in a controlled environment?
kate got killed in the streets by a single illegal without the stress of being picked off the vine like a rotten tomato.
It IS touching how much you mourn for Kate who was killed by a richochet in San Francisco.......was there the same level of concern over those shot at church in Texas? In Charleston? At the movies in Colorado? In school in Connecticut and Colorado?

Not gonna happen.

You misunderstand. I'm not talking about what I want, or what I feel. This isn't about my feelings, or yours.

I'm saying what the law is.

Not gonna happen.

Wow! That's the most twisted crap I've heard. Not turning an illegal over to federal authorities is not helping the illegal? That is total bs man and you know it.

Last edited:

Not gonna happen.

Wow! That's the most twisted crap I've heard. Not turning an illegal over to federal authorities is not helping the illegal? That is total bs man and you know it. Sorry man, I'm done with your crap.

I learned at a young age that stamping my feet and throwing a tantrum didn't change the reality around me.

Maybe you'll learn that too, one day.

Wow! That's the most twisted crap I've heard. Not turning an illegal over to federal authorities is not helping the illegal? That is total bs man and you know it. Sorry man, I'm done with your crap.

I learned at a young age that stamping my feet and throwing a tantrum didn't change the reality around me.

Apparently you didn't learn that.

Apparently you didn't learn that.
That's it?

It IS touching how much you mourn for Kate who was killed by a richochet in San Francisco.......was there the same level of concern over those shot at church in Texas? In Charleston? At the movies in Colorado? In school in Connecticut and Colorado?

What are you babbling about?
I'm against all crime and for swift justice for the perpetrator be they white,black,brown,Republican or democrat.
See thats the difference between progressives and Conservatives. We dont look the other way for anyone.

You misunderstand. I'm not talking about what I want, or what I feel. This isn't about my feelings, or yours.

Aiding and abetting is against the law.

"Aiding and abetting" is against the law.

But just like every other crime, it has a strict set of elements required to prove it. It doesnt work by feelings.

Sanctuary city policies do not meet those elements.

But just like every other crime, it has a strict set of elements required to prove it. It doesnt work by feelings.

It' not the police who will be arrested. The mayors and other city officials who give the orders will be the ones who are arrested.

Uuuuugh.....Dem lead cities have come right out and said they'd protect the illegals.
Pretty much an admission of guilt.

It' not the police who will be arrested. The mayors and other city officials who give the orders will be the ones who are arrested.

No, actually no one will be arrested.

Uuuuugh.....Dem lead cities have come right out and said they'd protect the illegals.

Again, you're using feelings, not the law.

No, actually no one will be arrested.

We will see.

Not gonna happen.

What about the libs favorite accusation on Trump?

Are they not obstructing justice?

Again, you're using feelings, not the law.

So laws are based on feewings huh?
Look...everyone knows dems only support illegal immigration for votes.
They came right out and admitted it.

Forum List

Back