DeVos to make getting away with campus rape easy again

The blame the victim mentality is filthy and disgusting.

Must be people with sons, not daughters.

There's the other leftwing magic wand that allows them to ignore people's rights. Saying there is insufficient evidence isn't "blaming the victim," you witless cockroach.

Unless she was close to being unconscious, she was capable of giving consent.

again, the standards say different, but never mind. You keep defending rapists. THere's nothing funnier than a Right Winger trying to put an adjective in front of the word "Rape"

Now, would that be a "Legitimate Rape" or a "Gift from God Rape"

2Pt1F.gif

I agree. No one seems to be able to hear that, though.
What we hear is that you want to expel young men who haven't been convicted of anything. Are you denying that?
Yes, I deny it. I believe the college can, after an investigation and hearing, expel young men who they believe, more likely than not, raped a female student there. Preponderance of the evidence is good enough for our civil courts, family court, etc. 51% is good enough to get our puke of a President elected. There is nothing wrong with a preponderance of the evidence "verdict." The young man has NOT been convicted of anything. He is not on the national sex offender registry.
You deny it, and the your promptly admit exactly what I accused you of. The standard of proof used in civil cases isn't appropriate for criminal offenses.
They aren't convicted of a crime.
They are convicted by the university and sentenced.
They are punished for misconduct according to the rules of the institution. If you don't like it change the rules (and I'll support it because I do think it is unfairly slanted) but don't single out universities and say they have no right to impose standards.

Betsy DeVos Plans to Weaken Obama’s Campus Sexual Assault Rules

The Department of Education announced on Thursday that it will weaken a set of requirements for how colleges and universities are expected to handle cases of sexual assault on college campuses. In a speech at George Mason University in Virginia, Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos criticized a set of rules that the department hadissued in 2011 that, under Title IX, forced colleges to conduct their own investigations and stated police reports cannot be used to determine whether a violation occurred, because a criminal case requires stronger evidence.

The Department of Education will take comments from the public before issuing new guidelines, though DeVos’ remarks suggest that the new standard will likely to be a significant departure from the Obama-era rules. DeVos called the current process for handling sexual misconduct “shameful,” a “failed system,” and “wholly unAmerican.”

“The truth is that the system established by the prior administration has failed too many students,” DeVos said. “Survivors, victims of a lack of due process, and campus administrators have all told me that the current approach does a disservice to everyone involved.” Critics of the Obama-era rule have argued that it does not offer adequate due process for the students accused of sexual misconduct. Under the directive, institutions of higher education use the “preponderance of evidence” standard, which requires a 51 percent certainty in determining guilt. Sexual violence is often difficult to prove to a higher certainty, and false accusations are extremely rare. But in July, DeVos’ deputy in charge of civil rights suggested that 90 percent of sexual assault allegations at colleges are false.

I predict that testimony from experts in sexual assault investigation and prosecution, you know, police and prosecutors… will be ignored. Don't bother bringing stats or data…that's elitist.

She "believes" in her gut that 90% of allegations are false… so it must be. Because we trust the gut over any thorough and thoughtful analysis and research any day of the week and twice on Sundays… That's the alternative fact America we live in. It doesn't matter what any so-called "expert" tells her… I mean, she's never been raped, so it probably never happens…

/----/ Oh shoot. The schools won't be able to sweep the rapes under the carpet anymore

In the end the school cleared him of rape/sexual misconduct but got the poor young man on a minor infraction of the rules they put in place during the investigation and then permanently banned him from campus.

It was hardly a minor infraction. He outed the woman's name in a public forum.

After that same woman slandered him caused him to be punished for a crime that he did not commit, destroyed his academic career, and destroyed his reputation. I'm having a very difficult time finding any sympathy for the woman having been “outed” as the sociopathic bitch who did such a thing to an innocent man. After all, unlike her innocent victim, this whore actually did commit the act of which she was publicly “outed”.

What we hear is that you want to expel young men who haven't been convicted of anything. Are you denying that?
Yes, I deny it. I believe the college can, after an investigation and hearing, expel young men who they believe, more likely than not, raped a female student there. Preponderance of the evidence is good enough for our civil courts, family court, etc. 51% is good enough to get our puke of a President elected. There is nothing wrong with a preponderance of the evidence "verdict." The young man has NOT been convicted of anything. He is not on the national sex offender registry.
You deny it, and the your promptly admit exactly what I accused you of. The standard of proof used in civil cases isn't appropriate for criminal offenses.
They are punished for misconduct according to the rules of the institution. If you don't like it change the rules (and I'll support it because I do think it is unfairly slanted) but don't single out universities and say they have no right to impose standards.

Hell's bells come on Coyote rape is not freaking misconduct and must remain a criminal act and be prosecuted as such. And these rules were imposed by the Obama Administration under Title IX.

And think about the flip side of the coin. Say a young man really is truly a serial rapist and because the one rape has only been reported to the University and his only punishment is expulsion, he can keep on raping off campus.

Rape must be treated as a criminal offense within the existing criminal justice system.

Hell's bells come on Coyote rape is not freaking misconduct and must remain a criminal act and be prosecuted as such. And these rules were imposed by the Obama Administration under Title IX.

And think about the flip side of the coin. Say a young man really is truly a serial rapist and because the one rape has only been reported to the University and his only punishment is expulsion, he can keep on raping off campus.

Rape must be treated as a criminal offense within the existing criminal justice system.

1. No one is arguing that it shouldn't be treated and prosecuted as a criminal act.

2. My argument is that U's should report it to the police or encourage the victim to do so, but also have the right to impose their own internal penalties based on their rules and codes of conduct.

Another good reason to make it more difficult for these very young people to get each other drunk and naked. Yet I see no one but me even talking about doing that. All we're arguing about is what to do after the fact.

I think making an example of a few Biffs will make the rest think twice.

Doing the same for a few Sallys would help too. Maybe more girls would be more careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. No one is arguing that it shouldn't be treated and prosecuted as a criminal act.

2. My argument is that U's should report it to the police or encourage the victim to do so, but also have the right to impose their own internal penalties based on their rules and codes of conduct.

Tell me you realize that the accused under the rules Obama's administration imposed has no right to due process. These aren't University rules. These are the rules given to the Universities by the federal government.

Universities have become kangaroo courts.

"In the name of protecting college women from sexual violence -- a noble cause, if done properly -- the Education Department's Office for Civil Rights (OCR) has forced thousands of higher education institutions to revolutionize their disciplinary processes for alleged sexual assaults.

The federally mandated changes have demolished due process protections for the many innocent (as well as guilty) accused students. The financial costs of this regime to the universities alone probably approach or exceed $1 billion."

Book Exclusive: "The Campus Rape Frenzy" | RealClearInvestigations

Forum List

Back