DeSantis suspends Democrat "Soros-backed" state attorney Andrew Warren for refusing to enforce state laws, including recent restrictions to abortion

Interesting. There have been a good number of stories out there about Sheriffs and other law enforcement officials and others stating they would not enforce gun laws they did not agree with....and nobody that I can recall on the right had any issues with that at all.
The two things that bother me about all of this is DeSantis and his antics of having to call this attorney a boogeyman Soros backed attorney..... I mean, come on....does he really need to do that division political shit in his announcement? Seriously?

And the other thing that bothers me is that the people of Hillsborough county voted for this man to be their county attorney, and DeSantis voiding their votes....by removing their choice without any due process.... Like he alone is king, and gets to decide all by himself to remove the voter's choice for their county.....

You would think there would be some sort of impeachment type procedure, where the attorney is removed or suspended....so the voters do not feel they were robbed of their choice by a single partisan prick, but he was removed thru a fair, legal process.

Republicans and DeSantis yet again demonstrate their contempt for democratic representation.
Few will understand that because they don't see fascism taking hold right before their eyes.
The pattern can be recognized by the people grasping at any extremist behaviour on account of desperation brought on by them being denied a piece of their country's pie.

We all must look closely at the rise of Hitler and how he appealed to desperate people who would compromise their humanity for the sake of needs they were denied.

De Santis is playing the same game and it's being welcomed.

Glad some politicians are getting a grip on their states and righting the ship.
How can you tell? In watching the Governor speak on stage with local Hillsboro County, Fl., law enforcement on the OP thread post link, the Governor did not mention Abortion or Soros. What is Soros connection, anyway, just something to tar the asshole with. The Sherriff or Chief did not mention abortion or Soros either.
So is the story trumped up bullsh%t, with a catch phrase headline to attract attention, or is there something the Governors office does not want to talk about in public, and neither does local law enforcement? What is the real story here, and does it actually have anything to do with abortion or with Soros. If so, what? Where is that article? It is like reading the Drudge Report from a few years back, where often the headline had little or nothing to do with the actual story on the linke page, sometimes not even same title, yet people responding, were responding to the unsupported headline, that grabbed their interest.
While I am glad of a Governor forcing a State's Attorney to do his job or get out, if that is what he is doing (as I do not agree with DA or State Attorney selective enforcement) there is just no way to tell if that is the real story here, or if this is a political grandstand play by the Governor of Florida.

maybe, but has it happened?

“State police and highway patrol get their orders from the governor,” the sheriff said. “I get my orders from the citizens in this county.”
----------
is it still not enforcing laws you find objectionable or against your core tenant? if the point is "well they are defending the constitution" - great. a large part of me agrees and would WANT to do this. but we yell at the left all the for basically the same thing. just for different outcomes and motivations.

i am glad desantis did this. i view soros as a huge "threat to democracy"; but when our battlecrys are the same and motivations different, well then that does look like a civil war and may the best side win.

in this case, the one closest to the constitution in practice, not lip service.
Read post #4, I stand by that post of mine.

The two things that bother me about all of this is DeSantis and his antics of having to call this attorney a boogeyman Soros backed attorney..... I mean, come on....does he really need to do that division political shit in his announcement? Seriously?

And the other thing that bothers me is that the people of Hillsborough county voted for this man to be their county attorney, and DeSantis voiding their votes....by removing their choice without any due process.... Like he alone is king, and gets to decide all by himself to remove the voter's choice for their county.....

You would think there would be some sort of impeachment type procedure, where the attorney is removed or suspended....so the voters do not feel they were robbed of their choice by a single partisan pricj, but he was removed thru a fair, legal process.
You've got it but I've put it into words that are appropriate.

Interesting. There have been a good number of stories out there about Sheriffs and other law enforcement officials and others stating they would not enforce gun laws they did not agree with....and nobody that I can recall on the right had any issues with that at all.
Good point. In both cases, I guess the “law of the land” mantra goes out the window.

Read post #4, I stand by that post of mine.
fundamentally, and in the end, i agree. i think this has to be done in a "fight back" effort. but that does not make what gator said incorrect. my article was 2014 and a sheriff was disregarding law for what he views as "for the people".

has it happened? sure. now you get to the reasons why. however, on the surface they are the same and unfortunately most people live and die on surface level thought.

So, if a state or town passes a very restrictive gun law, you think the police should either enforce it or quit?
Yes. In fact, I am a big supporter of what you just said. Blue areas should be free to interpret 2A the way they wish and so to should red areas. In other words, let cities have stricter gun laws if they want and let rural areas do what they want. The two situations are totally different. I'm against cramming your values down the throats of those who don't like your values. Both sides need to understand there is a difference between city areas and rural areas.

How can you tell? In watching the Governor speak on stage with local Hillsboro County, Fl., law enforcement on the OP thread post link, the Governor did not mention Abortion or Soros. What is Soros connection, anyway, just something to tar the a ysshole with. The Sherriff or Chief did not mention abortion or Soros either.
So is the story trumped up bullsh%t, with a catch phrase headline to attract attention, or is there something the Governors office does not want to talk about in public, and neither does local law enforcement? What is the real story here, and does it actually have anything to do with abortion or with Soros. If so, what? Where is that article? It is like reading the Drudge Report from a few years back, where often the headline had little or nothing to do with the actual story on the linke page, sometimes not even same title, yet people responding, were responding to the unsupported headline, that grabbed their interest.
While I am glad of a Governor forcing a State's Attorney to do his job or get out, if that is what he is doing (as I do not agree with DA or State Attorney selective enforcement) there is just no way to tell if that is the real story here, or if this is a political grandstand play by the Governor of Florida.
I think you know very well what this is, but you're still afraid to call if for what it is.
Very few will on account of it being quite unstoppable by the democratic process.
Isn't this thread about DeSantis suspending Warren for not enforcing state laws?
You decide what it's about. My concern was over you sounding like you were going to censor some comments on the pretense of being off topic.
Do you care to explain your comment?

The first indication of fascism taking over is in the banning of abortions. Don't you see what's happening in your country and is being applauded by extreme rightists?
Abortion is not really my issue, at 67 (68 next month). I would rather they left those mostly young women alone, I know they cannot and will not be able to get rid of abortion, but it really does not affect me.
I laughed like hell, when deep red state Kansas, voted to keep their state constitutional right to abortion, day before yesterday, when Republican leadership, slipped it onto the primary ballot, thinking (and rightfully so), that Republicans would be predominant in the primary and rubber stamp the goals of the Republican elites, only to find out Kansans are not to quick to give up individual rights under their state constitution, whether it is a popular right wing niche, line of thought or not.
You see, that is both the trouble and the beauty of our system and part of the reason is self corrects in the long term.

How can you tell? In watching the Governor speak on stage with local Hillsboro County, Fl., law enforcement on the OP thread post link, the Governor did not mention Abortion or Soros. What is Soros connection, anyway, just something to tar the asshole with. The Sherriff or Chief did not mention abortion or Soros either.

There is a connection between Warren and Soros, the last link I provided page 9/17 shows there is a connection

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis on Thursday suspended a progressive state attorney who he accused of 'ignoring the law' for refusing to enforce several recent conservative reforms.

'State attorney for this Judicial Circuit, Andrew Warren, has put himself publicly above the law,' DeSantis said during a press conference on the prosecutor's home turf.

'In June of 2021, He signed a letter saying that he would not enforce any prohibitions on sex change operations for minors.'

DeSantis, who accused Warren of being funded by billionaire George Soros, also said that after the Supreme Court overturned abortion rights, Warren 'signed a letter saying he would not enforce any laws relating to protecting the right to life in the state of Florida.'

Warren told the Tampa Bay Times in 2020 that he believes Soros did donate money to his campaign.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis on Thursday suspended a progressive state attorney who he accused of 'ignoring the law' for refusing to enforce several recent conservative reforms.

'State attorney for this Judicial Circuit, Andrew Warren, has put himself publicly above the law,' DeSantis said during a press conference on the prosecutor's home turf.

'In June of 2021, He signed a letter saying that he would not enforce any prohibitions on sex change operations for minors.'

DeSantis, who accused Warren of being funded by billionaire George Soros, also said that after the Supreme Court overturned abortion rights, Warren 'signed a letter saying he would not enforce any laws relating to protecting the right to life in the state of Florida.'

Warren told the Tampa Bay Times in 2020 that he believes Soros did donate money to his campaign.

Florida was among the states to limit abortion access amid the fallout over Roe v. Wade being overturned, reducing the legal window to 15 weeks.

The governor rationalized the suspension by claiming he was stamping out a 'pathogen' of activist prosecutors that he blamed for rising crime rates in multiple Democrat-run cities.

'We've seen across this country, over the last few years, individual prosecutors take it upon themselves to determine which laws they like and will enforce and which laws they don't like,' DeSantis said.

Comment:
The Far Left Democrats are taking civilization backwards.
Why do they call them "Progressives"?
There is nothing "progressive" about the Left's crime, corruption, total dishonesty, election fraud, poverty, inflation, CRT, BLM, doomsday climate cultism, child mutilation, and infanticide.
Good job Governor DeSantis.
Soros is an evil rotten Nazi SOB.
Soros has hated America ever since we defeated his beloved Nazi Army.

I think you know very well what this is, but you're still afraid to call if for what it is.
Very few will on account of it being quite unstoppable by the democratic process.

You decide what it's about. My concern was over you sounding like you were going to censor some comments on the pretense of being off topic.
Do you care to explain your comment?
I decided nothing, the OP decided, Don. Just stay in the parameters of the thread topic and don't derail it.
I haven't deleted any post

fundamentally, and in the end, i agree. i think this has to be done in a "fight back" effort. but that does not make what gator said incorrect. my article was 2014 and a sheriff was disregarding law for what he views as "for the people".

has it happened? sure. now you get to the reasons why. however, on the surface they are the same and unfortunately most people live and die on surface level thought.

Yes. For these folks if they disagree with the law they are 100% fine with it being ignored and if they think it i a good law it is the end of the world when it is ignored.

And the worst part is they think being that way is a good hting

Forum List

Back