Desantis flaming out: -19 in recent FL approval

Looks like instead of winning over more people in his trek to become President he is alienating people as they watch his bumbling. Desantis is already unlikeable and now has a record of championing highly unpopular legislation. Looks like the GOP is all Trump’s if he stays out of jail.

View attachment 791936

Before this spring’s state legislative session, a majority of Floridians believed the state was on the right track (46% right track / 42% wrong track). As the session came to a close, however, 50% believe the state is headed in the wrong direction, while only 42% think it’s on the right track.

Pollsters Florida Watch and Progress Florida, collectively known as the Florida Communications and Research Hub (Hub), attribute this shift in their surveys to Floridians’ growing dissatisfaction with the agenda carried out by Gov. Ron DeSantis and legislators in Tallahassee.

“When we look back on this legislative session, it is clear Floridians do not believe that Gov. DeSantis and legislative leaders focused on the priorities they believed would improve their lives,” said Progress Florida Executive Director Mark Ferrulo.

That is why I favor Trump over DeSantis for 2024. I do not in any way dislike DeSantis and I believe he has been very good for Florida. But he has enjoyed a fairly benign press and a very supportive legislature and accordingly has tended to legislate with a sledge hammer instead of diplomatically.

Conversely, Trump consistently refused to do that which also got him criticized.

But sooner or later legislating with a sledge hammer instead of via consensus as much as possible will not be appreciated and the long range consequences won't be as good. That is what Biden and the Democrats do in DC but they have the Senate and the White House and a fawning, protective, supportive media so they can control the message.

DeSantis won't enjoy a fawning, supportive, protective Congress and will have pretty much the 98% hostile media that Trump has had to endure. And I'm pretty sure DeSantis lacks the negotiating and problem identification and solving skills that Trump brought to the White House.

Just say I went strawberry picking with my spouse. If letting the kids know the sex of your spouse isnt important to you (and it shouldnt be) then why the pushback?

I do, they go to private school so we don't deal with nonsense like this, and the school is answerable to ME if we do.
Talk about PC police. That’s ridiculous. You want to control the casual words said inside the United States like it’s a 1984 novel. I’ve never had anyone talk about their “spouse”. That’s an insurance category.

Shit spouse is an indication a person is having sex. Let’s get rid of that too. Cant have kids thinking their teacher is having sex cuz she’s married. You guys are nuts.

Zero mentioning teachers have kids of their own i mean they likely had sex to get pregnant and we don’t want sex in schools. You guys are nuts.

You are reporting fake news, just like you stupid Moon Bats always do.

You are an idiot. You never get anything right. You didn't even bother to look who was reporting the poll, did you?
There are lots of polls showing Desantis popularity sliding. We’ll see. It’s a bit early, at this point no one was expecting Joe to destroy the primary and Trump and hold on to a midterm that bucked historical trends.

You laugh you libby but here is Trump problem solving the hell out of a twitter war:

1E2C9A99-C361-4C44-AF49-CD346D5EC75F.jpeg

Laugh all you want but every President since Reagan promised to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem. Trump is the only one to accomplish that. I doubt seriously that DeSantis would have.

When Trump took office, No Korea was firing missiles over So Korea and Japan, war was raging in Syria, there was no winding down of the war in Afghanistan and Russia and Iran were saber rattling. When Trump left office no more missiles were flying, the war in Syria ceased, we were in the process of leaving Afghanistan in a way that would have kept the Taliban in check and the elected government intact, Russia and Iran were not saber rattling, and we had the closest thing to world peace I've experienced in my lifetime.

When Trump took office almost all our allies were taking every advantage of the USA, using us as their slush fund for pretty much everything, and China was engaged in unfair trade practices and were messing with our currency. When Trump left office our allies were paying far more of their fair share, the trade imbalance with China was slowing decreasing, and China was far more cautious about messing with us and were paying billions in sanctions that Trump in turn funneled to U.S. farmers who had taken it on the chin due to China policies.

When Trump took office Obama had seriously depleted the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and we were importing so much petroleum products that we were seriously at risk if there was any disruption of those imports. Trump had us exporting far more petroleum than we imported and was refilling the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. That made us and our allies much safer.

When Trump took office there were tens of thousands of funded migrants in 'caravans' headed for the USA. Trump effectively stopped almost all of that and when he left office, Mexico had 25,000 of their troops on their southern border preventing the caravans from coming north.

When Trump took office the economy was flat or sluggish, we were still bleeding good jobs, especially manufacturing, to other countries. The Obama administration had created mostly part time jobs with minimal or no benefits. Trump's economy put most people who want full time jobs into full time jobs with benefits, companies were not leaving as they did before, and his policies had jobs returning to the USA.

His tax policies and reduction of unnecessary regulation created maybe the best economy any of us had ever experienced and it was raising boats in ALL demographics, especially among the lower income and formerly hard core unemployed.

If a dishonest and partisan media had not prevented most Americans from knowing all that, I doubt much of anybody would have run against Trump in 2020.

I just don't see DeSantis accomplishing all that.

Last edited:
We never had heterosexual discussion in any grade of school. We should be having the same for gays.

I can still remember my teachers in grade school speaking if their husbands and had pictures of them on their desk. That would qualify as a heterosexual discussion

And the gay pride videos are incredibly sexual, stop being an ass

I can say I have never seen one, but since you are an expert on them, I will take your word for it.

I don't need to know who you sleep with or who you live with for you to teach me basic math and english. Does a 1st Grader really need to know his teacher's sexual orientation in order to memorize what 2+2 is? Does a 3rd Grader really need to know his teacher is a pansexual, transwoman who lives with a lesbian transman? Does a kindergartener need to know his teacher is in a heterosexual relationship with her husband and they have 14 kids and go to church every Sunday to learn their colors? How is this information pertinent to this child's learning experience? Why do we even want 1st graders to be aware of such things? Heterosexual, homosexual or otherwise. It seems to me that it's the teachers who want to tell the children and not so much that the children care to know.

Again, students, especially younger children, have a connection to the teacher they are more open to learning. To know the teacher is a human with a life outside of the classroom makes the students more able to relate to them. My sister taught 3 and 4 grade for 30 years, was one of 8 teachers of the year finalist in NC. She was so good they took her out of the classroom and had her teaching other teachers how she taught math. Connecting with the students was a huge part of it. If a teacher is not going to do that, you might as well just have them learning on the computer with bot.

Just say I went strawberry picking with my spouse. If letting the kids know the sex of your spouse isnt important to you (and it shouldnt be) then why the pushback?

I think for most people the sex of their spouse is vital to them. I take it you are not married?

Don't worry DeSantis is just fine in FL. People will never forget how they were free in FL while the rest of the country cowered in fear. I would be happy with either RFK Jr. or Ron as president. Trump has never admitted that the drugs "vaccines" created under his watch are deadly, and already responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Dr. Drew Has On Columbia University Professor Whose Study Estimates US COVID Vaccine Deaths in the Hundreds of Thousands

Non-COVID excess deaths up around world, as COVID deaths are at all-time lows (source: Our World in Data.)

slowkill-1.jpg

Newly released COVID vaccine victim documentary “Anecdotals”

Laugh all you want but every President since Reagan promised to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem. Trump is the only one to accomplish that. I doubt seriously that DeSantis would have.

When Trump took office, No Korea was firing missiles over So Korea and Japan, war was raging in Syria, there was no winding down of the war in Afghanistan and Russia and Iran were saber rattling. When Trump left office no more missiles were flying, the war in Syria ceased, we were in the process of leaving Afghanistan in a way that would have kept the Taliban in check and the elected government intact, Russia and Iran were not saber rattling, and we had the closest thing to world peace I've experienced in my lifetime.

When Trump took office almost all our allies were taking every advantage of the USA, using us as their slush fund for pretty much everything, and China was engaged in unfair trade practices and were messing with our currency. When Trump left office our allies were paying far more of their fair share, the trade imbalance with China was slowing decreasing, and China was far more cautious about messing with us and were paying billions in sanctions that Trump in turn funneled to U.S. farmers who had taken it on the chin due to China policies.

When Trump took office Obama had seriously depleted the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and we were importing so much petroleum products that we were seriously at risk if there was any disruption of those imports. Trump had us exporting far more petroleum than we imported and was refilling the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. That made us and our allies much safer.

When Trump took office there were tens of thousands of funded migrants in 'caravans' headed for the USA. Trump effectively stopped almost all of that and when he left office, Mexico had 25,000 of their troops on their southern border preventing the caravans from coming north.

When Trump took office the economy was flat or sluggish, we were still bleeding good jobs, especially manufacturing, to other countries. The Obama administration had created mostly part time jobs with minimal or no benefits. Trump's economy put most people who want full time jobs into full time jobs with benefits, companies were not leaving as they did before, and his policies had jobs returning to the USA.

His tax policies and reduction of unnecessary regulation created maybe the best economy any of us had ever experienced and it was raising boats in ALL demographics, especially among the lower income and formerly hard core unemployed.

If a dishonest and partisan media had not prevented most Americans from knowing all that, I doubt much of anybody would have run against Trump in 2020.

I just don't see DeSantis accomplishing all that.
Yes
And Trump also built a wall and made Mexico pay for it
He jailed Hillary
He saved the coal industry
He brought back jobs from China
He balanced the budget
He repealed Obamacare on Day One

Yes
And Trump also built a wall and made Mexico pay for it
He jailed Hillary
He saved the coal industry
He brought back jobs from China
He balanced the budget
He repealed Obamacare on Day One
--Mexico did pay for it with those troops that saved us mega billions not having to deal with those migrants.
--He never intended to jail Hillary, in fact stated the exact opposite intent.
--He did slow the demise of the coal industry but there is only so much any President can do via executive order. And he failed to factor in how natural gas prices became so attractive they made coal less attractive.
--Several U.S. companies moved at least some of their business back to USA to avoid tariffs or because of improved tax and regulation policies.
--He in no way balanced the budget but family incomes increased by thousands even though some products from China, etc. were more expensive. Until the pandemic hit, Trump's deficits were far less than Obama's first 4 years.
--He did not say he would repeal Obamacare on Day 1 but he would begin work to repeal it--a President cannot overturn an act of Congress. He did remove some of the most damning aspects of it to the great advantage of American workers and allowing many stuck in multiple part time jobs to again be able to work full time jobs with benefits. Almost all jobs created under the Obama Administration were part time jobs with reduced or no benefits and Obamacare forced many people into those part time jobs.

That's exactly what they are doing, liar. So to be clear, if you saw that teachers were teaching gay indoctrination and showing gay videos, you'd be losing your mind and demand they are fired?
They can never answer the question of if this stuff is truly “not happening”, then why are they losing their minds and howling about it? If a law gets passed banning something I’m not doing anyway, I wouldn’t care. Yet the usual suspects here throw a fit. Telling.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back