DeSantis Announces He Will Send Florida Law Enforcement To Assist At Border, Blasts Biden Admin

As long as Washington appears feckless on the border issue, the state governments are going to feel empowered to take action whether constitutional or not.

That being said, it’s all about partisan optics and grandstanding…
Feds won’t do anything.
If the States won’t, the next thing is citizens fill the gap. And I don’t think anyone wants to see what vigilantism looks like first hand. Police exist to actually protect criminals.

Hilarious. Florida law enforcement has no jurisdiction inTexas.

Desantis' caliphate extends only to the border of Florida.
As a Virginian I can serve in Texas in a law enforcement capacity. It’s a simple oath. In the case of National Guard, it’s a simple transfer of command.

And in none of those instances can you arrest someone for being here illegally.
Oh yes I can. A Federal law is enforceable by just a regular citizen. As John Q Citizen I can arrest any illegals.

No you can't. Sheriff Arpaio thought he could also. As a private citizen you have absolutely no way of determining who is here legal and who is not.
“Most states have codified the common law rule that a warrantless arrest may be made by a private person for a felony, misdemeanor or breach of peace. Breach of peace covers a multitude of violations in which the Supreme Court has even included misdemeanor violations such as seatbelt laws.

Only North Carolina and Washington state do not subscribe to Citizen’s Arrest laws, in the strictest sense. Even psychotically liberal California allows their citizens to arrest people and detain them for breaking the law. California Penal Code 837 states that, “A private citizen may arrest another: 1)For a public offense committed or attempted in his/her presence, 2)When the person arrested has committed a felony, although not in the citizen’s presence, or 3)When a felony has been, in fact, committed, and he or she has reasonable cause for believing the person arrested to have committed said crime.”

“Public Offense” is read similarly as breach of peace in this case, and includes felonies, misdemeanors and infractions. “Holding them until the police, or ICE, get there”, is simply a form of arrest. The officer is accepting the arrest and processing the prisoner on behalf of the private person.”

As a Virginian I can serve in Texas in a law enforcement capacity. It’s a simple oath. In the case of National Guard, it’s a simple transfer of command.

Oh yes I can. A Federal law is enforceable by just a regular citizen. As John Q Citizen I can arrest any illegals.

No you can't. Sheriff Arpaio thought he could also. As a private citizen you have absolutely no way of determining who is here legal and who is not.
“Most states have codified the common law rule that a warrantless arrest may be made by a private person for a felony, misdemeanor or breach of peace. Breach of peace covers a multitude of violations in which the Supreme Court has even included misdemeanor violations such as seatbelt laws.

Only North Carolina and Washington state do not subscribe to Citizen’s Arrest laws, in the strictest sense. Even psychotically liberal California allows their citizens to arrest people and detain them for breaking the law. California Penal Code 837 states that, “A private citizen may arrest another: 1)For a public offense committed or attempted in his/her presence, 2)When the person arrested has committed a felony, although not in the citizen’s presence, or 3)When a felony has been, in fact, committed, and he or she has reasonable cause for believing the person arrested to have committed said crime.”

“Public Offense” is read similarly as breach of peace in this case, and includes felonies, misdemeanors and infractions. “Holding them until the police, or ICE, get there”, is simply a form of arrest. The officer is accepting the arrest and processing the prisoner on behalf of the private person.”

You did not address what I said. You have absolutely no way to determine who is here legally and who is not.

As long as Washington appears feckless on the border issue, the state governments are going to feel empowered to take action whether constitutional or not.

Feds won’t do anything.
If the States won’t, the next thing is citizens fill the gap. And I don’t think anyone wants to see what vigilantism looks like first hand. Police exist to actually protect criminals.

Of course the feds won’t. It makes for the perfect wedge issue. Why solve a problem when it serves a purpose…

Feds won’t do anything.

Of course the feds won’t. It makes for the perfect wedge issue. Why solve a problem when it serves a purpose…

Neither will Desantis. He is playing people.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Private employers in Florida have been required to use E-Verify, a federal system for checking the legal status of a potential hire, since the start of the year. But there have been no complaints made to the state agency in charge of enforcing the law in the five and a half months it’s been in effect. ....................

.....................“It’s a fake bill. It’s paper thin. It’s window dressing,” said Rep. Anthony Sabatini, R-Howey-in-the-Hills. “It’s a bill to make it looked like we passed EVerify in the state of Florida.”.........................

.........................But while an earlier version of the bill would’ve allowed DEO to randomly audit businesses to check for compliance and impose $500 fines, it was watered down before it passed in the face of pressure from big business lobbies ..................................

DeSantis’ much-touted Florida EVerify immigration law snares no one

Watered down and not even enforced. The gullible are being played.

Republicans are a force for fascism. They have Congress rendered dysfunctional due to treasonous obstructionism, and they support a dictator who LOST an election... they are the #1 threat to our freedom now.

GOP = the Party of Treason (among a lot of other nasty things)

Vote DEMOCRATIC to save your freedom!

Republicans are a force for fascism. They have Congress rendered dysfunctional due to treasonous obstructionism, and they support a dictator who LOST an election... they are the #1 threat to our freedom now.

GOP = the Party of Treason (among a lot of other nasty things)

Vote DEMOCRATIC to save your freedom!
Which government is most likely to be facist:
A small limited government or a huge government run by unaccountable bureaucrats?

You did not address what I said. You have absolutely no way to determine who is here legally and who is not.
Ah, change the subject now that your ass has been handed to you.

How is it possible anyone is arrested for illegally entering the US then, Einstein?

Ah, change the subject now that your ass has been handed to you.

How is it possible anyone is arrested for illegally entering the US then, Einstein?

Federal officials. Per the Constitution.

and crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor, not a felony, so a citizen's arrest would not apply.

in order to be a felony, an illegal immigrant would need to have re-entered this country, after they were denied by a court, refugee status on their first border crossing event. Something an every day citizen, would not readily know?

and crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor, not a felony, so a citizen's arrest would not apply.

in order to be a felony, an illegal immigrant would need to have re-entered this country, after they were denied by a court, refugee status on their first border crossing event. Something an every day citizen, would not readily know?
“Most states have codified the common law rule that a warrantless arrest may be made by a private person for a felony, misdemeanor or breach of peace.”

“Most states have codified the common law rule that a warrantless arrest may be made by a private person for a felony, misdemeanor or breach of peace.

Ok.

But what is Texas law on it? And does Texas law, apply to only Texas citizens? ??

This is a great way to get Florida sued but eh, it's not his money.
Yep, I smell an injunction coming..

There would have to be a suit filed first. And news flash, States have all kinds of mutual assistance agreements. There's no legal issues with that.

Immigration is a Federal issue, not a state issue.

They will be arresting them on State crimes unrelated to immigration. You just ain't very smart, are ya?

Texas is so incompetent as to not be able to enforce it's own laws?
It would help to not have to do the FedGov's job too.

Just sayin'
:dunno:
The Feds are doing their job. Doing the job does NOT mean torturing immigrant children, so of course Republicans are currently confused by what is going on...

“Most states have codified the common law rule that a warrantless arrest may be made by a private person for a felony, misdemeanor or breach of peace.”
Oh sure, private white-right Texas Republican racists patrolling the border... WHAT could go wrong???

Does Texas then have to pay for any arrests and the immigrant jail costs in a Texas jail/prison until the courts determine whether they crossed in to our country illegally??

There would have to be a suit filed first. And news flash, States have all kinds of mutual assistance agreements. There's no legal issues with that.

They will be arresting them on State crimes unrelated to immigration. You just ain't very smart, are ya?

It would help to not have to do the FedGov's job too.

Just sayin'
:dunno:

Legally they can't.
Legally, the FedGov can try to prevent it.

Please, god, thor, budda, anybody, please LET THEM TRY TO STOP IT. The Optics will be GLORIOUS!!!

That's pretty much all we would need for complete secession and independence.

I'm not really all that interested in your fantasies. All the same, if you have such a problem with our Constitution and it seems you do, leaving would be the thing to do.
It seems you have a problem with it because you support complete dereliction of the Executive Branch, AT OUR EXPENSE, you asshole. We have to live here. YOU DON'T!!!

If you wish to reply like an adult, that would be great.
If somebody is breaking into your house, and I stop the police from helping you and demand that you let the burglars do as they please, would you respond "like an adult"?

You are legally permitted to protect you house. You start cussing and getting all upset because I'm simply discussing the legal realities. They are the legal realities no matter how you wish to reply.

So, one could come up with legal solutions or toss out complete hogwash.
No, the private white-right racist citizen is NOT empowered to go out an enforce laws. Going and looking for immigrants to harass is NOT part of your "freedom". So stay home, and shut up.

Texas is overrun by illegals and wants them out--------this alliance between Texas and Florida is bad news for the dems come election time.

It might be depending how it turns out. My bet is this is very much like promising to make Mexico pay for the wall, it never happens.
Yep, more Republican white-right theatrics. I won't be surprised if next week MTG shows up at the border in Texas with her AK.

I think those FL law enforcement officers should tell DeSantis to kiss their asses, not just because they didn't sign up for being sent to far away states to do jobs that they weren't trained to do, but also because this 'order' is mostly about a PR campaign and not about LE.

You are confused Moon Bat. The Florida officers knows the crime and destruction the goddamn Illegals bring into Florida and would be very glad to go.
More crime is committed, per capita, by citizens, so it is YOU we should be watching, apparently. And since you're white-right, you're likely a potential terrorist insurgent.

FLORIDA govt has no authority whatsoever in Texas. What a joke this is by DeSantis clearly running for President, and what a disaster THAT would be. He's nearly as incompetent as Trumpolini himself.

Forum List

Back