Derrick Henry: Hall of Fame?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
If he never plays another game, is he a Hall of Fame inductee? This guy has been just a next level type of running back his entire career, setting records in high school in Florida (don't know if they still stand, but probably) and a great career at Alabama, and then the Titans. I hope he at least makes it to a Super Bowl.

432436435_708698458097866_4368057018701854952_n.jpg

If he never plays another game, is he a Hall of Fame inductee? This guy has been just a next level type of running back his entire career, setting records in high school in Florida (don't know if they still stand, but probably) and a great career at Alabama, and then the Titans. I hope he at least makes it to a Super Bowl.

View attachment 918423
Looking at his NFL record?
No.
Sorry. Lots of good players that aren't HOF quality.

Derrick Henry is 36th all time on the career rushing yards list. Players ahead of him that aren't in the Hall of Fame include the following:

Frank Gore
Adrian Peterson
Fred Taylor
Steven Jackson
Corey Dillon
LeSean McCoy
Warrick Dunn
Ricky Watters
Jamal Lewis
Thomas Jones
Tiki Barber
Eddie George
Marshawn Lynch
Ottis Anderson
Ricky Williams
Clinton Portis
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson

He is, however, tied for 13th in rushing touchdowns. Running backs ahead of him that aren't in the Hall of Fame on that list include the following:

Adrian Peterson
Shaun Alexander

Maybe one day, but no, I don't think Derrick Henry is a hall of fame running back right now. He's 30 years old and he didn't look very good last year in my opinion. Not sure what we'll see out of him in Baltimore.

Forum List

Back