Deputy accidentally shoots mom during wedding

That's why my CCW is a Glock. It's a bit large for your average CCW but they don't fire when they hit the ground.

My wife and I were at a buffet a few years ago and when we got up to leave my Glock fell out and hit the floor. All it did was surprise the family of illegals dining next to us!

What are any of these idiots carrying? And why aren't the safeties on? Guns "accidentally" going off is way too common.

And, needless to say, dropping one's gun is just plain indefensible. To turn a phrase, if you can't keep it in your pocket, leave it at home.

Do you think getting into a car accident is "indefensible"? No, accidents happen as long as human have existed.

Luddy just hates guns outside of oppressive government use.

Apparently, ladies like the Sig-Sauer because they're small and fit in their hands better. A Secret Service lady told me that.

I prefer the Glock because it's easy to use and big and dumb. Like me!

What are any of these idiots carrying? And why aren't the safeties on? Guns "accidentally" going off is way too common.

And, needless to say, dropping one's gun is just plain indefensible. To turn a phrase, if you can't keep it in your pocket, leave it at home.

Most modern pistols are physically impossible to discharge short of squeezing the trigger. To discharge accidentally, the hammer has to be cocked first whether revolver or semi-auto. In a revolver this is even less likely to occur since most have rather high pounds of force to complete a trigger squeeze cycle discharging the weapon. Semi-autos by comparison are much easier pulls of the trigger. A Glock simply cannot fire unless you pull the trigger having multiple safety mechanisms designed to prevent that from happening. Other popular law enforcement brands too are designed specifically to prevent discharge 'accidentally.' Can run them over with a tank and not have them go off. So I don't know what this guy had, but that a modern firearm discharged 'accidentally' seems extremely unlikely.

That's why my CCW is a Glock. It's a bit large for your average CCW but they don't fire when they hit the ground.

My wife and I were at a buffet a few years ago and when we got up to leave my Glock fell out and hit the floor. All it did was surprise the family of illegals dining next to us!

I've been under the impression all modern guns won't fire when dropped. But strangely many of this accidental shootings come from dropped guns.

What the hell kind of holsters are these idiots using?? One of the basic rules of gun ownership is to make sure your weapon is secure. It can just fall out?? WTH? Most people have better holsters for their cell phones.

Most the popular carry guns don't even have safeties.

What the hell kind of holsters are these idiots using?? One of the basic rules of gun ownership is to make sure your weapon is secure. It can just fall out?? WTH? Most people have better holsters for their cell phones.

When I DO carry , I carry in a shoulder holster, and you couldn't physically come and rip my weapon out of it, let alone would it accidentally fall out .

I suspect most of these types of incidents are due to people who are carrying in their waist band or pocket, no holster

Most the popular carry guns don't even have safeties.

They do, they're just not the 'user-actuated' button or level sort as much as built-in where deliberate squeeze of the trigger disables them as in the Glock line.

Forum List

Back