Depression

Feeling depressed been doing real good last 3 years but now feel like shit, might effect my posting just depends. Already effecting my gaming got 2 turns to do and just cant do them.

You are not alone, I suffer as well.

As do millions of others. Many famous.

I am sure you know this.

For me, part of what helps being a life time sufferer, is if I know I hang in there and grind it ALWAYS turns.

Since 1996

I hate it. Robs me of myself. The worst. You can chose not to drink or overeat. Depression is different.

I have had ADs lose efficacy.

I know it easier said than done; however, keeping moving and being outside is always better than couch or bed.

I am praying for you.

I am a numbers and science guy; however, I love mindfulness meditations.

Please check it out.

Feeling depressed been doing real good last 3 years but now feel like shit, might effect my posting just depends. Already effecting my gaming got 2 turns to do and just cant do them.

It is not unusual to see spikes in depression and the only thing I can suggest is talking to someone that can help you through this and someone that is not family...

I walk around these halls of life bleeding grief. Been doing that for a couple of decades. What keeps me in the game are my wife's and my nieces' and nephew's well being and happiness. I must put on a mask of utter confidence, as that mask is the foundation of their paths forward. When alone I can grieve—even come undone for a few moments. What else helps is getting outside; fishing, orienteering and otherwise worshipping inside the cathedral of nature. Without the people who depend on me for their safety and confidence I would just vanish out there and never come back. Perhaps I'll do that, one day.

I don't know if the below will help in any way, but I hope it does and I'm sure the whole COVID-19 thing has been causing a lot of depression perhaps even in those who previously had no history of depression.

I know when I get down, nothing picks me up more than walking up to a hard core Leftists, smiling at them, and saying Jesus loves you with a MAGA hat on.

They frigg'in go nuts!

For those who are feeling depressed, they recommend turning off and/or limiting all the Fake News:

1601388227937.png

What about watching some old films or some TV shows from when you were a teenager or a child? You know the Escapism thing.

What about watching some old films or some TV shows from when you were a teenager or a child? You know the Escapism thing.

Nostalgia doesn't work.

Really the best thing is activity.

Take a shower, get dressed in some clean clothes and do anything but sit still. Wash the dishes, do laundry, clean your closet, get out for a walk etc

Nostalgia doesn't work.

Take a shower, get dressed in some clean clothes and do anything but sit still. Wash the dishes, do laundry, clean your closet, get out for a walk etc

They can do both, Nostalgia and Reality.

Nostalgia doesn't work.

They can do both, Nostalgia and Reality.

In my experience ruminating on the past is not beneficial when in a depressive episode.

Well I am sure this election has me down, but I LOVE to argue politics. usually gives me a boost in spirit.
Yes, there is nothing like watching the dregs of society in Washington DC make fools of themselves in an arrogant fashion, just showing you how much of a better person you are than what grows in the swamp.

You could be flat out of your mind in a four point restraint and still feel like you are more of a contributing person to society than the Swamp creatures.

Maybe all your computer time is contributing to your depression.

Go take a walk, come home take a shower and you'll feel better

Unplugging is certainly a thing to try. Get a book. Visit some friends. Hell, eat out, go anywhere, do anything.
Fuck that. Get a big bottle of bourbon and drink up. All better.

Stay away from guns and bridges. Hope that helps.
I sold all my firearms a few years ago. Glad I did as much as I think ( because of paranoia) I need them I am better off with out them. Talk to my therpaist in a bit see what he thinks, seasonally this has been a bad time historically for me winter is always bad but last 3 years I had no problems at all. so this is new right now.
Therapists have some of the highest suicide rates. That's like asking Liz Taylor for marital advice.

I play games or watch TV. Can't really move around much. The problem is with depression you lose the enjoyment so generally stop doing the stuff you like.
My friend is on celexa(?) and he calls it his happy pills. His problem is anger and then feels like he said or did something to someone. That's his paranoia which results in sorrow. I know different meds affect others different. It's getting the right stuff and what works for you. The wellbutrin I took was absolutely the wrong stuff for me. I admit it had some very bad side affects on me. Then tried Paxill and that was horrible for me. I do recommend getting a pet. A dog will get you out and will watch out for you. Amazing how they do it.

Forum List

Back