Denzel Washington: "Don't blame the prison system... It starts at home."

I had no father figure at home yet turned out okay and have never spent one second in a prison..
You think you turned out okay, but you turned out being male with female instincts.
How is that?
It just happens to males raised by single women with no father figure around.
I don't need losers around to become a loser and I don't need winners around to be a winner...Funny how you people need that other idea to motivate yourself..

because they're failures, they look for excuses about why they've failed. among normal people, success isn't a zero sum game where if someone else does well, it means you aren't.

I had no father figure at home yet turned out okay and have never spent one second in a prison..
You think you turned out okay, but you turned out being male with female instincts.
How is that?
I don't need losers around to become a loser and I don't need winners around to be a winner...Funny how you people need that other idea to motivate yourself..

because they're failures, they look for excuses about why they've failed. among normal people, success isn't a zero sum game where if someone else does well, it means you aren't.
It's amazing what a human can do if they just try, but it takes more than once..

How is that?

Your words are insane.

I am a father and the idea of having to do this by myself, the moment I consider it, I know that I would not be able to do as well by myself as the two of us can do working together.

I want to see the problems that are greatly increased by illegitimacy to be greatly reduced. It would make society a better place for all of US.

What part of that doesn't make sense to you?

And not everyone that smokes dies of lung cancer.
Or has blackheads...

Stats show what happens generally. It is a rare factor that causes 100% effects.

That not every smoker gets cancer is not a reason to smoke.
Okay, next...

What part of that didn't make sense to you?

How is that?

Your words are insane.

I am a father and the idea of having to do this by myself, the moment I consider it, I know that I would not be able to do as well by myself as the two of us can do working together.

I want to see the problems that are greatly increased by illegitimacy to be greatly reduced. It would make society a better place for all of US.

I've been a single parent twice.The first time in the 1980-1990's..The second time 2000's till now....It can be done it takes coordination and scheduling..Cell phones do help...

Or has blackheads...

Stats show what happens generally. It is a rare factor that causes 100% effects.

Okay, next...

None of it..redundancy is not a merited system outside of the media...

Or has blackheads...

Okay, next...

None of it..redundancy is not a merited system outside of the media...

I did not understand what you said there. Please try again in a different way.

How is that?

Your words are insane.

I've been a single parent twice.The first time in the 1980-1990's..The second time 2000's till now....It can be done it takes coordination and scheduling..Cell phones do help...

And you are telling me it would not have been easier with a second adult helping?

It starts at home because your genes drive your destiny. Black people are genetically less intelligent and crime-prone. Of course that doesn't mean they're all horrible, but it does explain why they are in jail at higher rates.
What a gross generalization. I guess some people just need to feel superior to some one with out earning it! When I was doing graduate level mathmatics and physics classes, when I went to the math lab for help, I and every one else wanted a guy that was a black south african as a tuder becuase he knew his shit better than an ybody at the univesity. Black does not equal stupid and white does not equal smart. No matter how much you want it to.

It starts at home because your genes drive your destiny. Black people are genetically less intelligent and crime-prone. Of course that doesn't mean they're all horrible, but it does explain why they are in jail at higher rates.
What a gross generalization. I guess some people just need to feel superior to some one with out earning it! When I was doing graduate level mathmatics and physics classes, when I went to the math lab for help, I and every one else wanted a guy that was a black south african as a tuder becuase he knew his shit better than an ybody at the univesity. Black does not equal stupid and white does not equal smart. No matter how much you want it to.

What he said was a generalization, and quite harsh.

BUt you countered it with a specific individual example.

An individual example does NOT refute a generalization.

If you want to refute what he said, you need to step up your game.

Do you have any idea how to do that? I could give you some angles to explore.

Denzel Washington says don't blame the prison system

In “Roman J. Israel, Esq.Denzel Washington plays an idealistic defense attorney whose beliefs are tested when he joins a new law firm.

The Oscar winner says making the film did not make him more cynical about the justice system and, when asked about the prison-industrial complex, the “Malcolm X” star offered a surprising take.

“It starts at the home,” he told reporters at the film’s downtown New York premiere. “It starts at home.”

When prodded to expand on his answer, the 62-year-old Mount Vernon native replied: “It starts with how you raise your children. If a young man doesn’t have a father figure, he’ll go find a father figure.

“So you know I can’t blame the system,” he continued. “It’s unfortunate that we make such easy work for them.”...

Obama said something similar early in his first term, and Jesse Jackson wanted to castrate him for it.

Now I only agree with that to an extent, the prison system is a CORPORATION" that only keeps people coming back it is engineered that way.
Keep them in the system , make it follow them all their lives and they NEVER have a chance to succeed without crime.

SO THE PRISON SYSTEM IS 95% TO BLAME once they go into it.

Last edited:
How is that?

Your words are insane.

You just don't want to admit it is much harder to raise a kid as a single parent than with two.. Your pride keeps you from admitting the truth. Doesn't make you a bad person or even a bad parent....but it is true.

Your words are insane.

You just don't want to admit it is much harder to raise a kid as a single parent than with two.. Your pride keeps you from admitting the truth. Doesn't make you a bad person or even a bad parent....but it is true.
I will agree that kids are better off with two good parents. If one is not a good parent though the kid can be better off with just one. I have seen parents try to undo everything one parent has done. This does not help the child. I knew a guy that every time he grounded his kids for not doing their chores his wife would do the chore for them and then let them off their punishment. Now these poor kids are adults and do not know their ass from the grand canyon. I have seen fathers do the same thing.

Your words are insane.

I will agree that kids are better off with two good parents. If one is not a good parent though the kid can be better off with just one. I have seen parents try to undo everything one parent has done. This does not help the child. I knew a guy that every time he grounded his kids for not doing their chores his wife would do the chore for them and then let them off their punishment. Now these poor kids are adults and do not know their ass from the grand canyon. I have seen fathers do the same thing.
Which is why I think no fault divorces involving children should be done away with. It pits the parents against each other for the children's affections. Making it more difficult to divorce will force the couple to work out their differences for the sake of their children.

In “Roman J. Israel, Esq.Denzel Washington plays an idealistic defense attorney whose beliefs are tested when he joins a new law firm.

The Oscar winner says making the film did not make him more cynical about the justice system and, when asked about the prison-industrial complex, the “Malcolm X” star offered a surprising take.

“It starts at the home,” he told reporters at the film’s downtown New York premiere. “It starts at home.”

When prodded to expand on his answer, the 62-year-old Mount Vernon native replied: “It starts with how you raise your children. If a young man doesn’t have a father figure, he’ll go find a father figure.

“So you know I can’t blame the system,” he continued. “It’s unfortunate that we make such easy work for them.”...

Obama said something similar early in his first term, and Jesse Jackson wanted to castrate him for it.

Now I only agree with that to an extent, the prison system is a CORPORATION" that only keeps people coming back it is engineered that way.
Keep them in the system , make it follow them all their lives and they NEVER have a chance to succeed without crime.

SO THE PRISON SYSTEM IS 95% TO BLAME once the go in.

What a croc of Bullshit.........

He's a little late to the party, eh? He plays attitudinal black man roles and sets an example of victimhood, spawning lots of little fatheless thugs named Denzel and now he points out a problem that's been a problem for decades, all as part of promoting a movie.
Obama mentions the need for fathers but then lights the White House in homo colors celebrating the legalization of homofascism and consequently endorsing more unstructured families.
Obama and Denzel can shove themselves up each other's ass and roll down a hill into a bottomless lake.

The breakdown of the traditional American family leads to violence every time…

Forum List

Back