Denial (BBC Films)

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
This is a dramatisation of the famous David Irving trial. Irving was an anti semitic holocaust denier.
He actually sued an American historian, Deborah Lipstadt, who called him out on his bullshit. Essentially the Holocaust itself was on trial. The stakes were high as Irving tried to deny that it ever happened.
The film is good but not great. It examines the facts and proves that it happened. Discounting all of the denier bullshit.

Spall gives the best performance as Irving. A repellant man. It shows that deniers are just racist liars. But we already knew that.

This is a dramatisation of the famous David Irving trial. Irving was an anti semitic holocaust denier.
He actually sued an American historian, Deborah Lipstadt, who called him out on his bullshit. Essentially the Holocaust itself was on trial. The stakes were high as Irving tried to deny that it ever happened.
The film is good but not great. It examines the facts and proves that it happened. Discounting all of the denier bullshit.

Spall gives the best performance as Irving. A repellant man. It shows that deniers are just racist liars. But we already knew that.

Anyone with any rudimentary understanding of history is just offensive in their denial. I'm not suggesting anything is above questioning, but it's very insulting to the memories of those who perished with clearly recorded history. I don't care ones agenda, at the very least they should respect and allow the peaceful mourning of those who died in such horrible conditions without disgusting lies. Just thinking about this period of time makes one angry and depressed at the same time. Human beings need to become more humane.

Honestly, I don't want to sound rude, but how could you even watch such a film? It's akin to watching that guy who spoke the lies about the Sandy Hook attacks. Why even entertain the offensive gasligting? Younger generations need more knowledge of WWII and also Communism etc. Abuses still exist today in my country for example, because civil liberties and the discussion of abusive systems overseas is not spoken about, too many here have lost our conscience also.

So, you're saying a movie needs to be made of you denying facts and truths in a country on the other side of the world that you know NOTHING about?!!!!

Honestly, I don't want to sound rude, but how could you even watch such a film? It's akin to watching that guy who spoke the lies about the Sandy Hook attacks. Why even entertain the offensive gasligting? Younger generations need more knowledge of WWII and also Communism etc. Abuses still exist today in my country for example, because civil liberties and the discussion of abusive systems overseas is not spoken about, too many here have lost our conscience also.
Its good to see the deniers crap debunked. They are still with us even on this board. In fact some are trying to deflect this thread.

Beyond the right to life, itself, I cannot think of any more basic and essential right that the freedom of thought—the right to hold what beliefs, opinions, feelings, and such that one will, and related to it, the right to express such thoughts in an appropriate manner.

The evidence for the Holocaust is rather overwhelming and undeniable, and I think one has to be badly deceived in order to disbelieve it. Nevertheless, freedom of thought certainly applies to those who choose to believe that the Holocaust never happened, or that it was greatly exaggerated, and to express this belief.

There is something very dangerous about government claiming the power to dictate a particular “truth”, and then to censor or punish those who dispute that “truth”.

I note that Mr. Irving has been criminally prosecuted, and has spent time in prison, for his beliefs; in an ironic case of Eurotrash trying to repudiate and distance themselves from Nazism by behaving exactly like Nazis would.

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”—Popularly misattributed to Voltaire, actually written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall as an expression of how she perceived Voltaire's views​

Beyond the right to life, itself, I cannot think of any more basic and essential right that the freedom of thought—the right to hold what beliefs, opinions, feelings, and such that one will, and related to it, the right to express such thoughts in an appropriate manner.

The evidence for the Holocaust is rather overwhelming and undeniable, and I think one has to be badly deceived in order to disbelieve it. Nevertheless, freedom of thought certainly applies to those who choose to believe that the Holocaust never happened, or that it was greatly exaggerated, and to express this belief.

There is something very dangerous about government claiming the power to dictate a particular “truth”, and then to censor or punish those who dispute that “truth”.

I note that Mr. Irving has been criminally prosecuted, and has spent time in prison, for his beliefs; in an ironic case of Eurotrash trying to repudiate and distance themselves from Nazism by behaving exactly like Nazis would.

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”—Popularly misattributed to Voltaire, actually written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall as an expression of how she perceived Voltaire's views​
His opinions were testd in court and found to be baseless. Not all opinions are valid. Those backed up by facts have more weight.

Its also worth pointing out that he was the litigant here attacking Ms Lipstadt and Penquin books.

He tried to make more money out of holocaust denual. Profiting from dead Jews. Even Alex Jones never did that.

Irving started out as a great biographer, but he got too close to his subjects and started admiring them, which in turn led to his whitewashing of their crimes later in his life. This might be an interesting film to watch.

Forum List

Back