Dems 0 for 3 today.

I'd bet money the Courts would put a hold on those laws and I think the courts would expedite the challenges to those laws. I highly doubt the democrats are going to win anyway in 2022.

Possibly, because the States would challenge giving the supremes primary jurisdiction. That said recent history on State challenges shows it could be dragged out for some time.

I believe Biden and the Dems will reach some agreement with Manchin and Sinema and pass a watered-down version of the BB in the next few months. My only question is whether the Far Left will accept whatever it is, or will they revolt and not support it. And thereby kill the damn thing. I tell ya what, the democrats would get absolutely killed in November if that happens. OTOH, I think they're going to get killed anyway even if they do pass something.

I doubt they will try that, they'd still have to get around the filibuster.

This is another strong indication that they believe they will not pay a consequence of losing power. If they thought they'd be drummed out in 2 years and then those rules they put in place were going to potentially keep THEM out of power indefinitely, there's no way they'd be pushing for this.
The rhetoric coming from the Left is preparing their voters to think in terms of having to "fight like hell" ( gee, sounds familiar) or they will lose their "democracy". The Dems are nearly in lockstep in creating the perception that the nation is being destroyed by Republicans being Fascists. There's no way this is organic or well-intentioned. Someone is trying to set this nation on fire.

His name is soros

The possibility of civil war. People are getting tired of the commies trying to run roughshod over the country with an evenly divided senate. Had they succeeded on this you can bet they would be back for another bite at the marxist BBB using the same crap.

I doubt it would have come anywhere close to that. War is far worse than most people realize. When it comes to your backyard it is 1000 times worse. Noting happening right now is worth the possibility my children will be killed in open warfare.

However, losing the filibuster would have been a vary large step towards authoritarianism so it would end up there at some point. The constant challenges to it are rather alarming as they are getting damn close to killing it.

It is amazing to me that the very same people willing to admit that single party rule is bad ALSO want to kill the filibuster. The idea is WAY to popular at the moment.

Last edited:
I doubt it would have come anywhere close to that. War is far worse than most people realize. When it comes to your backyard it is 1000 times worse. Noting happening right now is worth the possibility my children will be killed in open warfare.

However, losing the filibuster would have been a vary large step towards authoritarianism so it would end up there at some point. The constant challenges to it are rather alarming as they are getting damn close to killing it.

It is amazing to me that the very same people willing to admit that single party rule is bad ALSO want to kill the filibuster. The idea is WAY to popular at the moment.

It's only popular with lemmings that don't understand the checks and balances built into the legislative process.

Post-2020 is also part of U.S. history and that development. And nobody is arguing harder that Americans are being denied the vote right now than the GOP, I'd like to remind you. The claim is that all elections are fraudulent unless the GOP wins.

But that's neither here nor there, because you're still missing the point. You're a dancing monkey, just like all the Democrat voters you hate are. We're all getting fucked and most of us are loving it.
81 Million votes for a senile potato head that never left his mom's basement and went and hid from 1 of 3 scheduled debates, has a dismal approval rating, and shit his pants in front of The Poop, err I mean The Pope = "Americans are being denied the vote right now?"

Isn't it your turn to serve as Putin's personal butt plug?

The senate parliamentarian has been a roadblock to that so far.

Yeah, but it depends on what the dems want to put in there. Reconciliation is supposed to be for revenue and spending, and things like voting rights and immigration are not acceptable. If the final BBB Bill doesn't have non-budget stuff in it, I think it will pass if the Far Left doesn't torpedo it because it ain't enough for them. I think there's a very real chance that could happen, and remember that the Senate version of the BBB Bill has to go back to the House and the progressives might shoot it down. The dems don't have much of a margin to pass anything if they ain't all on-board.

Yeah, but it depends on what the dems want to put in there. Reconciliation is supposed to be for revenue and spending, and things like voting rights and immigration are not acceptable. If the final BBB Bill doesn't have non-budget stuff in it, I think it will pass if the Far Left doesn't torpedo it because it ain't enough for them. I think there's a very real chance that could happen, and remember that the Senate version of the BBB Bill has to go back to the House and the progressives might shoot it down. The dems don't have much of a margin to pass anything if they ain't all on-board.

Yep, it's all up in the air. After yesterday, the commies are going to do what ever to try to get a win. Next Jan can't come soon enough.

Yeah, xiden cried in his presser about the next election being stolen in advance of the election. Didn't the commies and LSM beat the hell out of Trump for saying something similar? Of course the neither will utter a peep about what xiden said.

didn't they get 21 million more votes? Is that a Freudian slip they really didn't get that many more?

BBB is another one Manchin is not real high on, he said government should be a partner, not a provider.

It's only popular with lemmings that don't understand the checks and balances built into the legislative process.

So.....

most people.

A pretty large slice of the American electorate cant name the three branches of government let alone bother understanding the process itself.

So.....

most people.

A pretty large slice of the American electorate cant name the three branches of government let alone bother understanding the process itself.

The COTUS was written to protect even those dullards.

Forum List

Back