Demonizing the President

The liberal media didn't treat Sarah Palin with a whole lot of respect either, some of the stuff said or written about her was pretty nasty. Or John McCain, when he was running for president back in '08 he took a lot of abuse. Doesn't mean the dissing that Obama has received is any the less wrong, but it's not all one-sided either.

Pointless, meaningless deflection.

The thread is about demonizing the president, unwarranted, unfounded attacks by the right – that’s the issue you need to address.

That liberals are ‘just as bad’ doesn’t address the actions of conservatives, nor does it justify it.

I already addressed it by showing that, historically, it is the norm. Things are actually better than they were 100 years ago, Romney is not calling Obama's mother a whore as part of his campaign the way Adams did with Jefferson. Maybe the problem here is not what is being said, but in how you view the target.

Republicans were the damn that saved American from the obama flood. Hell yes bring own the obstructionist as long as their is one person in the white house hell bent on fundamentally changing America.

But what about compromise :confused:

"Compromising" with the dangerously idiotic plans of The ONE is conceding too much.

Sometimes, the right ingredient is pure opposition.

I stand opposed to ALMOST all that The ONE wanted to "achieve" at least in the way he wanted to achieve those goals. That doesn't leave a lot of room for compromise. And in any event, compromise is supposed to be a two way street. The ONE forgot that.

Can't argue with that.

Republicans were the damn that saved American from the obama flood. Hell yes bring own the obstructionist as long as their is one person in the white house hell bent on fundamentally changing America.

But what about compromise :confused:
If the left wants to compromise maybe they should turn around and walk back towards me.

When Boehner got 98% of what he wanted, I'm pretty sure I know who walked to who already.

only right wing lunatics, who can't think for themselves say that Obama acts like or thinks he is god!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

yur being irrational and at this moment a real looney tune! you right wing nutjobs are funny, i'll give ya that! :rofl:

time to grow up quantum!

I agree. The president has never said anything about race, it's about respect or lack of with right wingnuts. You never get the same level of hatred from Lefties for Republican presidents. Of course we disagree but the level of disrespect and hatred is palpable among winger pundits. The Right supporters then use all of their talking points daily.

He gave an entire speech about race.

That aside, I did not actually says he calls people who disagree with him racist, but he certainly believes it. The evidence for that is overwhelming. All of the people around him, hs staff, his cabinet, his friends, even his former pastor, his allies in Congress, and the media repeatedly claim that the basis for the attacks on him are because he is black. That would not be happening if he did not want that message out there.

Unless, of course, you want to argue he is incompetent and is completely unable to control the message of his campaign. Is that your real position?

Remember this one?

In May 2010, he told guests at a private White House dinner that race was probably a key component in the rising opposition to his presidency from conservatives, especially right-wing activists in the anti-incumbent "Tea Party" movement that was then surging across the country.

Obama Says Race a Key Component in Tea Party Protests - US News and World Report

I agree. The president has never said anything about race, it's about respect or lack of with right wingnuts. You never get the same level of hatred from Lefties for Republican presidents. Of course we disagree but the level of disrespect and hatred is palpable among winger pundits. The Right supporters then use all of their talking points daily.

That aside, I did not actually says he calls people who disagree with him racist, but he certainly believes it. The evidence for that is overwhelming. All of the people around him, hs staff, his cabinet, his friends, even his former pastor, his allies in Congress, and the media repeatedly claim that the basis for the attacks on him are because he is black. That would not be happening if he did not want that message out there.

Unless, of course, you want to argue he is incompetent and is completely unable to control the message of his campaign. Is that your real position?

Remember this one?

In May 2010, he told guests at a private White House dinner that race was probably a key component in the rising opposition to his presidency from conservatives, especially right-wing activists in the anti-incumbent "Tea Party" movement that was then surging across the country.
Obama Says Race a Key Component in Tea Party Protests - US News and World Report

I did forget that. I guess I was wrong.

Remember this one?

I did forget that. I guess I was wrong.

Well, now you're being modest. :) You were exactly on target. You just forgot Obama's rare moment of indiscretion where he made the accusations himself rather than letting his surrogates do the dirty work for him.

Repub control in the House and an obstructionist Senate. Nuff said.

:D
2011-12-20174133.jpg
:D

You guys are the ones that are crying. Whaa, Obbbaaaammaa...

To those who refuse to see the right's new ideas and constructive solutions, sure.

Go take a look at Harry Reed's desk. You'll see lots of bills signed by Republicans. Harry refuses to let them come up for discussion in the Senate, though. He's afraid they might work, and then the GOP would get the credit.

Party before country. Every time.

When did you have a look at Harry Reed's desk?
15 Real Jobs Bills Stalled in the Senate | FreedomWorks

I see that you are still unable to answer questions.

Thanks for reaffirming you despise the President of the United States of America.

You mad, bro? You're acting all Obutthurt.

It remains perfectly okay to criticize the inept incumbent even though this causes Bloop to whine and pitch a hissy fit.

Bloop's butthurt is epic.

You are in the middle of a thread and you still do not know what it is about.

If the left wants to compromise maybe they should turn around and walk back towards me.

When Boehner got 98% of what he wanted, I'm pretty sure I know who walked to who already.

:wtf:

You didn't hear that one, huh.

Boehner: I got

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said he got "98 percent" of what he wanted in the final deal to raise the debt ceiling.

"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy," Boehner said in an interview with CBS News on Monday evening.

Oh, yeah! Video and everything.

Don't suppose you'd care to acknowledge you were wrong on the 'whiskey-tango-foxtrot' front.

Boehner: I do. When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy.

:wtf:

You didn't hear that one, huh.

Boehner: I got

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said he got "98 percent" of what he wanted in the final deal to raise the debt ceiling.

"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy," Boehner said in an interview with CBS News on Monday evening.

Oh, yeah! Video and everything.

Don't suppose you'd care to acknowledge you were wrong on the 'whiskey-tango-foxtrot' front.

Boehner: I do. When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the white House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I'm pretty happy.

On ONE ISSUE ???

Oh OK.... on that ONE ISSUE maybe he did get 98%

My bad :rolleyes:

(but you know damn well we are not talking about just one issue...)

It's been lovely. My wife's mother and step-dad are visiting. They're good people. :)

Really? You're happy?
Always.
So why insult Sarah.
Because she bases her vote on the nonsense she believes. People like that elected Obama. And there's no credible way to claim that's been a good thing.

And people like you will vote for "Anyone But Obama". That you are allowed to vote is chilling. Obama has done a good job with the shitstorm that he walked into and the Republicans turning their backs on the country to bring him down.

Forum List

Back