Demographics: White Christians now the minority in 19 states

See? My point is made.

America's gonna pay, and these folks are gonna see to it.

I wonder if the left equates the decline of America, as they will admit, with the change in demographics.

Odd, a recent poll revealed around 80% of America identifies as Christian.

Care to link to that, uh, data?

I bet not.

If only hubris were fact. Took .3 seconds on Google.

Poll: Most Americans Say They're Christian

Ask Americans their religion and you'll get an earful — 50 individual answers in an ABCNEWS/Beliefnet poll, ranging from agnostics to Zen Buddhists. The vast majority, though, have something in common: Jesus Christ.

Eighty-three percent of Americans identify themselves as Christians. Most of the rest, 13 percent, have no religion. That leaves just 4 percent as adherents of all non-Christian religions combined — Jews, Muslims, Buddhists and a smattering of individual mentions.

Odd, a recent poll revealed around 80% of America identifies as Christian.

And with the demographic shift it is becoming less and less so

The End of Christian America
BY JON MEACHAM 4/3/09 AT 8:00 PM

It was a small detail, a point of comparison buried in the fifth paragraph on the 17th page of a 24-page summary of the 2009 American Religious Identification Survey. But as R. Albert Mohler Jr.—president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, one of the largest on earth—read over the document after its release in March, he was struck by a single sentence. For a believer like Mohler—a starched, unflinchingly conservative Christian, steeped in the theology of his particular province of the faith, devoted to producing ministers who will preach the inerrancy of the Bible and the Gospel of Jesus Christ as the only means to eternal life—

The number of Americans who claim no religious affiliation has nearly doubled since 1990, rising from 8 to 15 percent. Then came the point he could not get out of his mind: while the unaffiliated have historically been concentrated in the Pacific Northwest, the report said, "this pattern has now changed, and the Northeast emerged in 2008 as the new stronghold of the religiously unidentified."

http://www.newsweek.com/meacham-end-christian-america-77125

"That really hit me hard," he told me last week. "The Northwest was never as religious, never as congregationalized, as the Northeast, which was the foundation, the home base, of American religion. To lose New England struck me as momentous." Turning the report over in his mind, Mohler posted a despairing online column on the eve of Holy Week lamenting the decline—and, by implication, the imminent fall—of an America shaped and suffused by Christianity. "A remarkable culture-shift has taken place around us,"

The OP does not say that the majority of the country is not still Christian, just that we are becoming less Christian and less white.

Additionally, young people these days still identify as Christian, they just don't much like going to church because the churches aren't keeping up with the times.

Just in my lifetime things have changed. Sunday blue laws.. gone. Blasphemy laws.... gone. Sunday is just like any other day in America. , and in the workplace it is less white Christian then it was in the 1950's.

Going forward will be an interesting time in America and a better time

The OP does not say that the majority of the country is not still Christian, just that we are becoming less Christian and less white.

Additionally, young people these days still identify as Christian, they just don't much like going to church because the churches aren't keeping up with the times.
the-number-of-christians-continues-to-shrink--L-3VPVMh.png

You dont have to attend church to be a Christian, nice attempt but you fail

The Political Future of a Browning America

People of color now account for most of the country's population growth. That has profound implications for the way elections are won and the nation is governed.

The Political Future of a Browning America

Browning and Diversification of America is great. Blaming and apologizing for America has got to stop. Eight years of it,...... Where has it gotten US? The notion that US is oppressive and racist is a bullshit myth when compared to many of the corrupt nations around the world like to perpetuate. The sick thing is that there exists people and entities whose livelihood and fortunes are tied to the perpetuation of this myth.

Don't be ashamed of America. It took the vision of White Christian men to create such a place.

Dear Jesus

I pray Lord that you protect me from your followers. They are annoying assholes in a word. Now that I am talking to you Jesus you need to protect your "Brand"... Your brand says Christians should "love one another" well the moron fuck heads that are going around calling themselves "Christians" are some of the worst shit heads in this world. You need to protect your brand from this stuff... You may need to come back and whip some ass on these bastards.

You dont have to attend church to be a Christian, nice attempt but you fail

Nobody said any differently. Young people still do identify as Christian, they just don't much like the churches that they feel are too political. Too worried about abortion and gays and not worried enough about the stuff that Jesus actually talked about.

See? My point is made.

I wonder if the left equates the decline of America, as they will admit, with the change in demographics.
Yeah, my guess is that's a part of it, which doesn't say much for their opinion of certain people.

I'd think another piece is their efforts to open the border as much as possible. We're opening the border to people who are accustomed to a far more authoritarian central government, people to whom the traditional American value of individualism is foreign, no pun intended.

It won't take long before the Left will be able to dilute our society sufficiently to achieve two primary goals: Making America pay for its transgressions and creating a much stronger centralized bureaucracy, all in an effort to assuage their guilt. The question isn't as much "if" as to what degree the decay will occur.

Last edited:

See? My point is made.

Yeah, my guess is that's a part of it, which doesn't say much for their opinion of certain people.

I'd think another piece is their efforts to open the border as much as possible. We're opening the border to people who are accustomed to a far more authoritarian central government, people to whom the traditional American value of individualism is foreign, no pun intended.

It won't take long before the Left will be able to dilute our society sufficiently to achieve two primary goals: Making America pay for its transgressions and creating a much stronger centralized bureaucracy, all in an effort to assuage their guilt. The question isn't as much "if" as to what degree the decay will occur.

What amazes me is how it is white liberals who are seemingly plotting the demise of the country. Or at least getting their rocks off at the demise of the country. I guess when whites become the minority the white liberals seem to think they will be exempt to whatever bad things they think will happen to the minority whites.

Really, REALLY, sad the racism if the the left wing, certainly fitting that they are in the party of slavery.

As a white Christian who will not cast a vote for the anti worker GOP party, nor will I vote for the democrats, IF the US is a Christian country, we do a piss poor job of holding up to the name. We look out for the wealthy here to the utmost, leaving the poor and downtrodden behind, opposite of the bible. Hard to deny it. We are right about now opposite of what the bible preaches. Its everywhere.

As a white Christian who will not cast a vote for the anti worker GOP party, nor will I vote for the democrats, IF the US is a Christian country, we do a piss poor job of holding up to the name. We look out for the wealthy here to the utmost, leaving the poor and downtrodden behind, opposite of the bible. Hard to deny it. We are right about now opposite of what the bible preaches. Its everywhere.
You are not an Ayn Rand Christian and that I respect tremendously...

What are you talking about? How many programs do we need to feed the poor and to help the poor do you think we need? Add to that the charities that help and I think we do well towards our poor. Being poor was never intended to be a vocation. I remember Michelle Obama doing a photo op in a soap kitchen and there was a "poor" man taking a picture with his cell phone. If anything people are spoiled rotten.

Also, what have republicans done that is anti worker?

Forum List

Back