Democrats Would Back Biden in 2024 Despite Strikingly Low Approval: Poll

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
So here we are in the dichotomy: Thread titles say 71% of Americans don't want Biden to run in 2024; Trump's lead on Biden Increases in Hypothetical Matchup, Biden's Approval Hits 33 and Democrats want 2024 Options, etc.

But a new Politco poll says if Biden is the nominee, most Democrats will vote for him.

Do Democrats really accept what is happening in America right now? Sky high inflation, shortages, transportation snarls, threats of higher taxes, an open border overrun by millions of illegals, extreme leftwing social issues take prominence over everything else, etc.? They hate the GOP or conservative ideology so much they choose the current situation no matter what?

Given the dismal approval ratings of the most likely Democrat candidates, Biden may be the choice.

In 2020, the Democrats had a huge primary field- more than 2 dozen choices put their hats in the ring for the nomination.

Joseph R. "Sleepy Joe" Biden was overwhelmingly the most capable, competent and qualified of the large and impressive group.

Nothing has really changed since them

So here we are in the dichotomy: Thread titles say 71% of Americans don't want Biden to run in 2024; Trump's lead on Biden Increases in Hypothetical Matchup, Biden's Approval Hits 33 and Democrats want 2024 Options, etc.

But a new Politco poll says if Biden is the nominee, most Democrats will vote for him.

Do Democrats really accept what is happening in America right now? Sky high inflation, shortages, transportation snarls, threats of higher taxes, an open border overrun by millions of illegals, extreme leftwing social issues take prominence over everything else, etc.? They hate the GOP or conservative ideology so much they choose the current situation no matter what?

Given the dismal approval ratings of the most likely Democrat candidates, Biden may be the choice.

Maybe especially if he's to run against Trump: after all, Biden DID win that race last time.

Might not be such a bad bet. :(

Get behind Pocahontas then, if you think that's what you want.
You call Fauxcahontas YOUNG? Darn, you must be older than I am!

No commies, please. I'm just wanting younger people to run on both sides, and I bet pretty much everyone is starting to feel that way. I'm getting pretty tired of the old-age jokes.

The mainstream media has convinced tens of millions of once and never again sane Americans that an AR-15 with legs will shoot them, COVID-19 will kill them, not enough babies will be aborted, and too few children will identify as the opposite sex—if Biden is not mummified and reelected in 2024. Sanity's got nothing to do with it. All capacity for rational thought processes did a runner out the nearest window, naked and covered in grape jelly, some years back.

You call Fauxcahontas YOUNG? Darn, you must be older than I am!

No commies, please. I'm just wanting younger people to run on both sides, and I bet pretty much everyone is starting to feel that way. I'm getting pretty tired of the old-age jokes.
I remember my son, quite young at the time and disenamored with Bush 41, thinking the youth of Clinton/Gore was appealing in 1992. By the end of 1993 he was thinking very differently. He now sees vision, experience, track record, instinct, ability, specific emphasis/goals/objectives as far more important than age.

In 2020, the Democrats had a huge primary field- more than 2 dozen choices put their hats in the ring for the nomination.

Joseph R. "Sleepy Joe" Biden was overwhelmingly the most capable, competent and qualified of the large and impressive group.

I cannot agree. IMO he was the only one the deep state deemed the most manageable and the one they could make the most electable after everybody else was crashing and burning. They knew he had dementia and was totally unfit for the job, but it didn't matter since he wouldn't be calling any of the shots anyway.

Of course they would. Party members tend to vote for the party regardless of the person running. While I don't like either party, I will note, the Dems tend to vote party in a slightly larger percentage than Repubs. What we need is a way to make a truly independent candidate viable, but both parties would rally to keep the nonaligned candidate from winning. The only time the parties work together is to try and stop and independent.

By the look at the caliber of the Democrats in this place, I would say that they would support Charles Manson if he just had a D next to his name on the ballot

I do not want Biden or Harris to run. They are both to polarizing.

When a senile child molester that campaigned from his basement and can't read a teleprompter is the best you got...says a lot about the demonicrat field of candidates.

I think 10's of millions of Democrats would stay home and not vote at all.

Forum List

Back