Democrats win last two Wisconsin recall elections

Firings, working conditions, etc.

That's all they need to fight for......The employees can get paid what the school districts can afford....If they don't like it, they can beat feet.......The days of unions making outrageous pay and benefit demands on the taxpayers backs, whether or not the taxpayers can afford it are coming to an end. and rightfully so.

Ok, so you agree their ability to collectively bargain was stripped which is not what Walker and co. campaigned on. In fact, the unions had already agreed to the financial concessions before they unveiled their plan to strip them of the collective bargaining power.

You just don't agree that it amounts to busting up the union. I, and many other do.
Walker did what he promised to do, get the fiscal house in order, and it's working.

The concessions weren't enough, and doing away with future attempts to help aid in trashing a states future economy, had to be done. It's like cutting yourself, putting a band aide on it, and then turning around and cutting yourself all over again.

Look, those teachers didn't lose any pay or benefits. They didn't get laid off. And they damn sure are being paid what they are worth (well, except for the crappy ones. But thats for another time). Gone are the days of raping the taxpayers through union threats and intimidation. Let 'em be paid based on merit and performance alone. And like I said, if they don't like it, too damned bad.

Walker did not campaign on stripping collective bargaining power as part of his plan to get the fiscal house in order. That's why two Senators got the boot last week and that's why he's facing a possible recall in January.

The budget shortfall was of his own creation anyway after his billions in tax cuts and an excuse for him to hamstring the unions so I'm not buying any propaganda about unions destroyed the state's economy.

They certainly didn't like it and saying "too damned bad" isn't going to stop them. They took down two seats and have their eyes on Walker's chair.

Last edited:
Naturally "both sides" are going to claim victory in Wisconsin. The Dems didn't get everything they wanted, but as it stands, they got more than half. The Republicans barely managed to prevent the Democrats from taking the majority...but there is still one squishy Republican that DID vote against Wanker's efforts to strip unions of their bargaining rights. That matters whether they want to admit it or not.

The Dems still have the momentum and they are coming after you Scott Wanker!

This must be important.... I can tell because there's already several threads on it. LMAO at the stupid who can't use a simple 'search'.

Got your ass handed to you in one of the other 4 threads on this, so you abandoned them and started a new one, eh?

She's just trying to bury her lie in post #962 in this thread.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/177333-making-it-harder-to-get-ids-to-vote-65.html

She looks like a fool in that thread so she wants to abandon it again. She's hoping if she ignores it it'll go away, but I have news for her. It won't.

Rick

When does Walker go on the chopping block?

January or February I think is the earliest he can be recalled. And he will be.

Yeah, I bet you were one of the ones that kept saying that all of the Republican recall elections were going to be decided in favor of Democrats too, weren't you?

Why do you guys have to insist on making yourselves look stupid by making predictions that something WILL HAPPEN when you have no clue what you're talking about?

Rick

yawn

nobody cared or cares. All it proved is that dem controlled regions are full of idiots that will support spoiled children in government.

WI needs to pray that the conservatives keep control b/c eventually other states are not going to want to give them money and demand that the Fed do like wise.

When does Walker go on the chopping block?

Yeah, I bet you were one of the ones that kept saying that all of the Republican recall elections were going to be decided in favor of Democrats too, weren't you?

Why do you guys have to insist on making yourselves look stupid by making predictions that something WILL HAPPEN when you have no clue what you're talking about?

Rick

No. I wasn't.

But if you take a second and listen to reactions by WI voters, even the ones who supported Walker are not happy.

Rick

No. I wasn't.

But if you take a second and listen to reactions by WI voters, even the ones who supported Walker are not happy.

I'd wager that me being from a state right next door to WI and you being on the West Coast that I'd probably have a better idea of what reactions are to the situation in Wisconsin. You think?

Rick

Forum List

Back