Democrats Really Screw Israel: Taliban on Way w/ $80B Latest Greatest US Weapons

More specifically the use of the word "meager" is to highlight an amount not nearly great enough to get our weapons and equipment back home.

Trump left those weapons behind when he decided to draw troop levels down to "meager" levels.

Don't forget, Trump ordered a complete withdrawal after he lost the presidency, but before Biden took office.
You are stating democrats are helpless. You are literally lying through you teeth.

2500 people is not enough to get our weapons home? That is what the Democrats decided? How many people did they need to load a transport, certainly not 2500. I would argue no more than a 50 were needed. We had plenty of troops.

2500 troops, three battalions? Not enough? Pure bullshit.

And yes, Biden left those troops behind, the minute he finished stealing the election.

And yes, remember, Trump did not withdraw the troops, that was the Democrats and Biden.

You are stating democrats are helpless. You are literally lying through you teeth.

2500 people is not enough to get our weapons home? That is what the Democrats decided? How many people did they need to load a transport, certainly not 2500. I would argue no more than a 50 were needed. We had plenty of troops.

I'm an Independent, not a Democrat and even so; I don't speak from independents, only myself.

If you think 50 service members is enough to remove decades of items and materials from a country, I am wasting time even having a discussion with you.

2500 troops, three battalions? Not enough? Pure bullshit.

Yes. Not enough. Actually I think Trump left 5k or so their and that isn't enough either.

And yes, Biden left those troops behind, the minute he finished stealing the election.

Biden won the election fairly and didn't leave troops behind. They are hime now.

And yes, remember, Trump did not withdraw the troops, that was the Democrats and Biden.
Trump withdrew all but a meager force which wasn't even close to enough to remove all the weapons and equipment.

This should have been done as Trump was drawing troop presence down.

As a matter of fact Trump would have left the equipment and weapons there anyhow as he ordered a complete withdrawal after he fairly lost the election to President Biden.

I'm an Independent, not a Democrat and even so; I don't speak from independents, only myself.

If you think 50 service members is enough to remove decades of items and materials from a country, I am wasting time even having a discussion with you.
2500 people is more than plenty to remove equipment from Afghanistan

Further, the people in Afghanistan are not the ones that would of loaded the transports. The crew aboard the transport would load and secure the transport. They are trained to do the job.

You have zero idea on the logistics. I stated there was enough people in Afghanistan to load planes, you do not, did not have the knowledge to know that they are not the ones who would load transports.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

As a matter of fact Trump would have left the equipment and weapons there anyhow as he ordered a complete withdrawal after he fairly lost the election to President Biden.
speculation on your part, democrats were in charge, and surrendered, leaving so behind billions in equipment.

It does not matter how many troops were in Afghanistan, our air force heavy lifters have a crew that loads the equipment. You must be trained to load, idiots need not apply

How many SAMS did Biden leave to take out Israeli helicopters and jets?

Oh, that is real freaking easy to answer. None.

There was absolutely never an air threat in Afghanistan, so we never had weapons like STINGER or PATRIOT in that theater. The same way after 2003 we removed what we did have in Iraq. If there is no air threat, it makes absolutely no sense to have those kinds of weapons even in the theater.

Now, can you actually discuss the topic logically and with presenting facts instead of just making up absolutely silly claims with nothing behind them?

2500 people is more than plenty to remove equipment from Afghanistan

Not billions of dollars of equipment.

Further, the people in Afghanistan are not the ones that would of loaded the transports. The crew aboard the transport would load and secure the transport. They are trained to do the job.

It would take years.

You have zero idea on the logistics. I stated there was enough people in Afghanistan to load planes, you do not, did not have the knowledge to know that they are not the ones who would load transports.

Well I am a veteran. While that doesn't necessarily make me an expert on the logistics of withdrawing billions of dollars of 100s of thousands of equipment strewn across an entire country...a hostile country actually, I do have a sense for manpower needed to accomplish such a task.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.
I disagree.

The units took their own equipment with them when they left. Almost all of what was left behind had actually either been turned over to the Afghan government, or was inoperable.

I guess you really do not know how this works, but when units pull out without another replacing them, they take their equipment with them when they go. And it's been that way for decades.

PTYG3YS5ZZGOFLAAMYGIK5YVQQ.jpg

Now that is actually an iconic image from 1975, pushing an HUEY helicopter off of a carrier. And while one may think that is an American helicopter, it's not. If one looks closely, that is not the US roundel on the side, but it belonged to South Vietnam. And they were doing that because every aircraft they could get flying they were using to try and evacuate, and there were simply more on the decks than the carriers could hold. SO as more kept arriving, they started to simply push them over the side.

The same thing happened in Afghanistan. Other than a handful of equipment that the last ones there were using, what was left was owned by the Afghans. And as units left the theater as they were drawing down the numbers, they took their equipment with them. That is why when about five years ago the US pulled the last of their PATRIOT systems out of Kuwait, the last unit brought them home. I think the only piece of equipment left in theater was their RADAR, which went to Qatar to be used as a hot swap unit in case one there failed.

Afghanistan was an orderly draw-down that took place over a period of years. And as it happened, the units would take their equipment with them because they would be needed back in the states.

It would take years.
Well I am a veteran. While that doesn't necessarily make me an expert on the logistics of withdrawing billions of dollars of 100s of thousands of equipment strewn across an entire country...a hostile country actually, I do have a sense for manpower needed to accomplish such a task.
I disagree.
A complete democrat failure.

It does not matter how long it would take, it is pure stupidity to leave behind even one bullet. It certainly seems that the intention of the Democrats all along, was to arm the Taliban, and leave them armed.

If it would take years to remove our equipment, certainly Obama knew that, when he sent billions in equipment to Afghanistan. To be fair, the RINO Bush certainly helped.

It is a shame that the Democrats do not listen to their own congressman, Charlie Wilson had the perfect foreign policy for Afghanistan.

speculation on your part, democrats were in charge, and surrendered, leaving so behind billions in equipment.

It's not speculation that Trump ordered the complete withdrawal just before leaving office.

It does not matter how many troops were in Afghanistan, our air force heavy lifters have a crew that loads the equipment. You must be trained to load, idiots need not apply
Ironic. I have actually been trained and have driven and used K-loaders to load equipment on airplanes in the air force. (Reserves).

Read more: Here is a detailed breakdown of all the US equipment abandoned to the Taliban (and it's a LOT)

At least 600,000+ Small arms M16, M249 SAWs, M24 Sniper Systems, 50 Calibers, 1,394 M203 Grenade Launchers, M134 Mini Gun, 20mm Gatling Guns and Ammunition​

• 61,000 M203 Rounds
  • 20,040 Grenades
  • Howitzers
  • Mortars +1,000’s of Rounds
  • 162,000 pieces of Encrypted Military Communications Gear
  • 16,000+ Night Vision Goggles
  • Newest Technology Night Vision Scopes
  • Thermal Scopes and Thermal Mono Googles
  • 10,000 2.75 inch Air to Ground Rockets
  • Reconnaissance Equipment (ISR)
  • Laser Aiming Units
  • Explosives Ordnance C-4, Semtex, Detonators, Shaped Charges, Thermite, Incendiaries, AP/API/APIT
  • 2,520 Bombs
  • Administration Encrypted Cell Phones and Laptops ALL operational
  • Pallets with Millions of Dollars in US Currency
  • Millions of Rounds of Ammunition including but not limited to 20,150,600 rounds of 7.62mm, 9,000,000 rounds of 50.caliber
  • Large Stockpile of Plate Carriers and Body Armor
  • US Military HIIDE, for Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment Biometrics
American Aircraft, Equipment & Armored Vehicles

• 2,000 Armored Vehicles Including Humvees and MRAPs
  • 75,989 Total Vehicles: FMTV, M35, Ford Rangers, Ford F350, Ford Vans, Toyota Pickups, Armored Security Vehicles etc.
  • 45 UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopters
  • 50 MD530G Scout Attack Helicopters
  • ScanEagle Military Drones
  • 30 Military Version Cessnas
  • 4 C-130s
  • 29 Brazilian made A-29 Super Tucano Ground Attack Aircraft
  • Heavy Equipment, Including Bull Dozers, Backhoes, Dump Trucks, Excavators

A complete democrat failure.

It does not matter how long it would take, it is pure stupidity to leave behind even one bullet. It certainly seems that the intention of the Democrats all along, was to arm the Taliban, and leave them armed.

We have left equipment behind in every conflict we have had over the last few decades.

Hell, even though I think the onus of blame is on Trump for leaving equipment behind, I don't villianize him for it.

It's just the way it is.

If it would take years to remove our equipment, certainly Obama knew that, when he sent billions in equipment to Afghanistan. To be fair, the RINO Bush certainly helped.

Irrelevant.

It is a shame that the Democrats do not listen to their own congressman, Charlie Wilson had the perfect foreign policy for Afghanistan.
Was he going to remove billions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of pieces of equipment in 3 months?

It's not speculation that Trump ordered the complete withdrawal just before leaving office.

Ironic. I have actually been trained and have driven and used K-loaders to load equipment on airplanes in the air force. (Reserves).
It is also not speculation that there was no withdrawal

Ironic, is that you know nothing about loading airplanes and after a dozen posts, suddenly you claim to have been trained to load airplanes

We have left equipment behind in every conflict we have had over the last few decades.

Hell, even though I think the onus of blame is on Trump for leaving equipment behind, I don't villianize him for it.
The onus is on the people in charge, Trump was long gone when Biden and the Democrats surrendered

Read more: Here is a detailed breakdown of all the US equipment abandoned to the Taliban (and it's a LOT)

At least 600,000+ Small arms M16, M249 SAWs, M24 Sniper Systems, 50 Calibers, 1,394 M203 Grenade Launchers, M134 Mini Gun, 20mm Gatling Guns and Ammunition​

• 61,000 M203 Rounds
  • 20,040 Grenades
  • Howitzers
  • Mortars +1,000’s of Rounds
  • 162,000 pieces of Encrypted Military Communications Gear
  • 16,000+ Night Vision Goggles
  • Newest Technology Night Vision Scopes
  • Thermal Scopes and Thermal Mono Googles
  • 10,000 2.75 inch Air to Ground Rockets
  • Reconnaissance Equipment (ISR)
  • Laser Aiming Units
  • Explosives Ordnance C-4, Semtex, Detonators, Shaped Charges, Thermite, Incendiaries, AP/API/APIT
  • 2,520 Bombs
  • Administration Encrypted Cell Phones and Laptops ALL operational
  • Pallets with Millions of Dollars in US Currency
  • Millions of Rounds of Ammunition including but not limited to 20,150,600 rounds of 7.62mm, 9,000,000 rounds of 50.caliber
  • Large Stockpile of Plate Carriers and Body Armor
  • US Military HIIDE, for Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment Biometrics
American Aircraft, Equipment & Armored Vehicles

• 2,000 Armored Vehicles Including Humvees and MRAPs
  • 75,989 Total Vehicles: FMTV, M35, Ford Rangers, Ford F350, Ford Vans, Toyota Pickups, Armored Security Vehicles etc.
  • 45 UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopters
  • 50 MD530G Scout Attack Helicopters
  • ScanEagle Military Drones
  • 30 Military Version Cessnas
  • 4 C-130s
  • 29 Brazilian made A-29 Super Tucano Ground Attack Aircraft
  • Heavy Equipment, Including Bull Dozers, Backhoes, Dump Trucks, Excavators
Well sheesh...I stand corrected.

50 people could have driven around the country, collected all that gear and got it loaded and transported in just a couple days.

Good grief.

It is also not speculation that there was no withdrawal

Yeah, they ignored Trump.

Ironic, is that you know nothing about loading airplanes and after a dozen posts, suddenly you claim to have been trained to load airplanes
It's not funny. It wasn't really relevant.

But sure, I got trained at Dobbins air Base in Georgia as a reservist. I was working for GE at the time. (Terrible job). Ironically after the training I was deployed to Ramstein, Germany for two weeks and didn't touch a K-loaders one time.

Oh well, such is the military. At least I got a good tour of Heidelberg castle.

The onus is on the people in charge, Trump was long gone when Biden and the Democrats surrendered
Unless it's something bad that happens to Trump then it's someone's else's fault, right?

The fact is, Trump should have been hauling equipment out of there as he was downsizing our troop presence...and he didn't.

It would take years.

It did take years, over a decade from when President Obama started the drawdown way back in 2011.

What, you think the US pulled out over 70,000 forces over a period of a decade, and did not take their equipment with them? Most of what was left behind was logistical equipment like trucks.

The heavy equipment like tanks, we took with us. When the US pulled the 1st Marine Tank Battalion in 2013, the Marines took their tanks with them.

The Marine Corps made national headlines in fall 2010 when it sent tanks to northern Helmand province to bolster firepower there. It was a first for the U.S. in the war, which was nine years old at the time.

Nearly three years later, the tanks are coming home. Delta Company, 2nd Tank Battalion, out of Camp Lejeune, N.C., will redeploy to the U.S. soon, and will not be replaced by a similar unit, said 1st Lt. Philip Kulczewski, a Marine spokesman in Afghanistan.

And notice, that was over 8 years before the country fell. We had no tanks there, we left no tanks there. There was absolutely no reason to leave any tanks there, because the Afghan army did not even use the M1 Abrams. Their tank units were equipped with Soviet tanks, primarily the T-62.

In a scheduled drawdown like that, as each unit leaves the country they take their toys with them. That is something almost everybody that has spent any time in the military knows. And it did take years, over a decade actually. But as the last units of a type left and were not replaced, they took their equipment with them.

It did take years, over a decade from when President Obama started the drawdown way back in 2011.

What, you think the US pulled out over 70,000 forces over a period of a decade, and did not take their equipment with them? Most of what was left behind was logistical equipment like trucks.

The heavy equipment like tanks, we took with us. When the US pulled the 1st Marine Tank Battalion in 2013, the Marines took their tanks with them.

And notice, that was over 8 years before the country fell. We had no tanks there, we left no tanks there. There was absolutely no reason to leave any tanks there, because the Afghan army did not even use the M1 Abrams. Their tank units were equipped with Soviet tanks, primarily the T-62.

In a scheduled drawdown like that, as each unit leaves the country they take their toys with them. That is something almost everybody that has spent any time in the military knows. And it did take years, over a decade actually. But as the last units of a type left and were not replaced, they took their equipment with them.
You seem hung up on tanks...which I have not specifically referenced.

If troops take the gear with them as they leave, why was so much left behind?

elektra list post 50.

So, it has been 38 days since this breaking news was made public, does anyone know if the Taliban has made it to Gaza yet?

Forum List

Back