Democrats rage at Speaker Johnson over pairing Israel aid with IRS cuts

At $2T debt promised under Obiden 2.0 I almost agree with the DEMWitted communists. They are desperate for money. If the IRS knows where to go get money? Why haven’t they been doing just that?

Or, the US does not hand out money to anybody? Increase Taxes? cut spending, or increase GDP. Need to find $2T more to feed the machine They have created. The parasite is devouring the host.

Haha of course it is. Geez man
No, it’s not. If Congress decides to spend money, they can. There’s no requirement to cut anything.

I don’t have any idea why I’m explaining simple facts to you.

It isn't irrelevant, moron. If money has been misappropriated for one, it can be better allotted to the other. My, my, my--you didn't bitch like this when Biden was sending over $100B to Ukraine which is NOT our ally. Israel is an ally and $14B is chump change when you consider $87B that has been unnecessarily allotted to the IRS and the $100B+ that has been wasted on Ukraine. Zelensky has big time dirt on Biden.
What’s unnecessary about funding the IRS?

It seems quite necessary to me if you are interested in catching tax cheats.

Democrats rage at Speaker Johnson over pairing Israel aid with IRS cuts​

4 Nov 2023 ~~ By Mychael Schnell & Mike Lilis

Jewish Democrats are raging at Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) over legislation providing aid to Israel, accusing the newly installed leader of choosing a partisan tack that will only delay emergency assistance to America’s closest Middle Eastern ally.
All but 12 House Democrats voted against Johnson’s $14.3 billion aid proposal Thursday night, with most citing the Speaker’s decision to include cuts in equal amounts to IRS funding.
The legislation is also opposed by leaders of both parties in the Senate, who want a broader package including aid to Ukraine, leaving the fate of the Israel funds in question amid escalating hostilities in Gaza almost a month after Hamas’s terrorist attacks killed more than 1,400 people.
Heading into the weekend, Johnson’s Democratic critics remained furious with the decision to combine the aid to Israel — an issue that has historically enjoyed wide bipartisan support — with a highly partisan cut to one of President Biden’s pet programs. They minced no words in lashing out at the newly minted Speaker, with some even accusing Johnson of abandoning the biblical teachings he claims as a guide.
~Snip~
“If Democrats in the Senate or the House — or anyone else, anywhere else — want to argue that hiring more IRS agents is more important than standing with Israel in this moment, I’m ready to have that debate,” Johnson told reporters Thursday. “But I did not attach that for political purposes, okay, I attached it because again, we’re trying to get back to the principle of fiscal responsibility here, and that was the easiest and largest pile of money that’s sitting there for us to be able to pay for this immediate obligation.”

Commentary:
I’m liking this guy’s strategy so far. Give a little. Take a little.
If the Democrats aren’t freaking out, then Republicans aren't doing the job right. So far, so good.
We know Johnson wants it paid for...so he needs to take it from something that is NOT a supposed money maker. Yet I wonder why Mike Johnson didn't include taking money from Afghanistan too?
Perhaps Johnson will include reduction of aide to Afghanistan in the coming Bill sending aid to the Ukraine.
In the meantime, Israel is getting riled at Biden and Blinken appeasement efforts, telling Israel what to and how to conduct actions against Hamas.....AND....the fact that we "robbed" a stockpile of OUR weapons in Israel and gave them to Ukraine.
Basically, I feel better about election of Johnson as the Speaker. If Democrats were complimenting Johnson's leadership and actions, I'd surely be worried.
A better idea.

Stop sending them MY MONEY at all.

and you love $33T debt dumped on unsuspecting innocen American Children right? You people is disgusting.
Funding the IRS reduces the debt. We lose $1 trillion every year to tax cheats.

You people just don’t think.

At $2T debt promised under Obiden 2.0 I almost agree with the DEMWitted communists. They are desperate for money. If the IRS knows where to go get money? Why haven’t they been doing just that?

Or, the US does not hand out money to anybody? Increase Taxes? cut spending, or increase GDP. Need to find $2T more to feed the machine They have created. The parasite is devouring the host.
LMAO, it is more important to hold kangaroo courts and politically motivated investigations than to do the work that congress is meant to do. Democraps are scum.

how would you know any of that you chowderhead.
I listen to journalists instead of admitted propagandists and entertainers and also conspiracy nut jobs on the Internet. You believe a pile of crap about the election vaccines bidens global warming Etcetera Etcetera Etcetera change the damn channel

~~~~~~
Once again your logic and reasoning is wrong.
Your link agrees with me l o l... Lots of this money is just to replace people who are lost through retirement and attrition and you think it's about armed IRS agents coming for you. Poor america

Those warnings ignore assurances to the contrary from the IRS itself. IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig said in a letter to Congress last week that the agency did not plan to increase audit rates for middle-class and low-income households. “These resources are absolutely not about increasing audit scrutiny on small businesses or middle-income Americans,” Rettig wrote. “As we have been planning, our investment of these enforcement resources is designed around Treasury’s directive that audit rates will not rise relative to recent years for households making under $400,000.”

The facts: Josh Kelety and Ali Swenson of the Associated Press write that Republicans are distorting the effects of the Democratic bill. Yes, it would add to the number of IRS employees — currently about 80,000 — “but it would not create a mob of armed auditors looking to harass middle-class taxpayers.”

The IRS will be releasing its hiring plans in the coming months, Kelety and Swenson report, but the new employees will be brought on over time, with many replacing workers who quit or retire. The agency has lost about 50,000 employees to attrition over the last five years, and it expects those losses to continue.

No, it’s not. If Congress decides to spend money, they can. There’s no requirement to cut anything.

I don’t have any idea why I’m explaining simple facts to you.
Sure they can add to the deficit and debt all they want. But they also pass a budget to budget were money goes.

Instead of adding more to the debt or busting the current budget, the gop is suggesting using money already allocated but not being spent, and giving it to Israel

Not sure how this is lost on you…but then again yoj have repeatedly shown a complete ignorance of reality

What was that? You have promoted BLM/Antifa and defunding the police for over three years that I have been on this board. You are a lying POS.
I believe we should tax the rich again and invest in America again, in this case more police and better training with quite a few social workers and we also need a mental health system for a change while we're at it instead of pill pushers....Antifa's tiny and are not Democrats, BLM is fine black lives do matter, too bad they are are not used to having money around lol. The only real problem we have is over the top GOP propaganda that is divisive hateful and unamerican and anti-american as far as our cherished institutions and laws and public servants are concerned. They also have no evidence behind them that will stand up in court, otherwise they would be in court. Wake Up and smell the coffee....

Sure they can add to the deficit and debt all they want. But they also pass a budget to budget were money goes.

Instead of adding more to the debt or busting the current budget, the gop is suggesting using money already allocated but not being spent, and giving it to Israel

Not sure how this is lost on you…but then again yoj have repeatedly shown a complete ignorance of reality
Even a solid majority of the GOP wants to tax the rich more- why do you keep voting for them?

Forum List

Back