Democrats propose temporary suspension of federal gas tax to offset soaring prices

I do not believe that. I would believe that he had to learn the Presidency as compared to a private business. And we see a man with 50 years in as a politician right now destroying Americans. Lunatics are lunatics.
Trump will never "learn" anything. It's his way or the highway.

Not only is Trump a lunatic, he's an ignorant one.

Oh look who's all concerned with a disastrous mid-term staring them in the face.....I figure it's just a red-herring to try to get the gop on record as opposing it.

WASHINGTON - Two Democratic senators on Wednesday unveiled a proposal to temporarily suspend the federal gas tax in order to help blunt the financial pain of surging prices at the pump.

The Gas Prices Relief Act, introduced by Sens. Mark Kelly of Arizona and Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, would eliminate the federal gas tax – which has remained at 18.4 cents per gallon since 1993 – for the remainder of the year.

I thought that rising gasoline prices is what the D's love? They glorify European level gasoline prices- have they forgotten about how gasoline is changing the climate? Or are they acknowledging this is all bullshit.

You forget that Joey declared war on fossil fuels.
If I was in a war, a smart strategy is to produce less and make more!!
Especially in a war that I didn't start!

Keep payin' to pump!!
My God, you are dumb. Nobody has declared war on fossil fuels. We have a world wide shortfall in supply.

My
I thought that rising gasoline prices is what the D's love? They glorify European level gasoline prices- have they forgotten about how gasoline is changing the climate? Or are they acknowledging this is all bullshit.
My God, you're stupid. Look at Brent, OPEC etc..

My God, you are dumb. Nobody has declared war on fossil fuels. We have a world wide shortfall in supply.

The reason why there is a shortfall in supply is due to the closing of pipelines and elimination of oil exploration is oil rich areas like ANWR. Policies instituted by Sleepy Joe,BTW.

America needs a BIDEN holiday!

This clown tripled gas prices in a year and a half. Now he thinks he can buy some good will for ONE DAY with 18.4 cents

Oh look who's all concerned with a disastrous mid-term staring them in the face.....I figure it's just a red-herring to try to get the gop on record as opposing it.

WASHINGTON - Two Democratic senators on Wednesday unveiled a proposal to temporarily suspend the federal gas tax in order to help blunt the financial pain of surging prices at the pump.

The Gas Prices Relief Act, introduced by Sens. Mark Kelly of Arizona and Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire, would eliminate the federal gas tax – which has remained at 18.4 cents per gallon since 1993 – for the remainder of the year.

It's interesting that here in VA, Youngkin proposed an amendement to the budget bill which would have suspended the state gas tax of 26 cents per gallon through September, and the Dems in the VA Senate shut it down...

Reasons provided for rejection were that road improvements would suffer, but I bet it also would have reflected very poorly upon the Biden Admin, making Youngkin appear to be more concerned with the common folk and actually doing something than Biden is, something DeSantis is also skilled at.

Of course, lowering the cost of gasoline will not reduce demand; it will only increase it. But it would be cool to have gas prices much lower in VA than surrounding states temporarily.

The real fix needs to be on the supply side, but we have yet to see anything substantive materialize other than completely lame ideas like releasing the strategic petroleum reserve which was filled at less than $35 per barrel on average.

It's interesting that here in VA, Youngkin proposed an amendement to the budget bill which would have suspended the state gas tax of 26 cents per gallon through September, and the Dems in the VA Senate shut it down...

Reasons provided for rejection were that road improvements would suffer, but I bet it also would have reflected very poorly upon the Biden Admin, making Youngkin appear to be more concerned with the common folk and actually doing something than Biden is, something DeSantis is also skilled at.

Of course, lowering the cost of gasoline will not reduce demand; it will only increase it. But it would be cool to have gas prices much lower in VA than surrounding states temporarily.

The real fix needs to be on the supply side, but we have yet to see anything substantive materialize other than completely lame ideas like releasing the strategic petroleum reserve which was filled at less than $35 per barrel on average.
We need to fix that in '23. ;)

Biden/Dems wage war on oil and gas. Gas and food prices skyrocket. Voters get pissed. Biden/Dems shit themselves.
The markets know this is a bone being thrown by the Democrats and that it is not a sustainable solution. What will happen after the Democrats reinstate the tax? It’s not like they have balls to make it permanent.

The markets know this is a bone being thrown by the Democrats and that it is not a sustainable solution. What will happen after the Democrats reinstate the tax? It’s not like they have balls to make it permanent.
Not sure it qualifies as a bone, Dems jack up the price of gas $2.50 a gallon then offer us a temporary 18 cent decrease?? And that 18 cents will do nothing to lower the price of food and everything else jacked up due to the sky high fuel prices.

The funny thing is ony state a red state they raised gas prices just last year by the same amount as the federal taxes. To pay for roads. 😂😂😂

Democrats propose temporary suspension of federal gas tax to offset soaring prices​

It's a trick. When gas prices don't go down by the amount of the tax, Democrats will claim the oil companies are price gouging.

The hilarious thing is my red state just raise state has tax the same amount as the federal gas taxes. 😂😂😂

Forum List

Back