Democrats, please listen to Cummings

I was surprised that Cummings acknowledged, that after 8 years of Obama, people are suffering and African Americans are hurting more.

When America gets a cold, black America gets the Flu. Its always been that way

I was surprised that Cummings acknowledged, that after 8 years of Obama, people are suffering and African Americans are hurting more.

Well you guys did start behind the 8 ball, but you have to get past that. You need to take your status seriously.

Agreed. Republicans won this election by using identity politics. Trump voters expect Trump to go after very specific groups of people that they want to be subjugated.

If Democrats abandon the fight for those groups, then we don't deserve to exist as a party.
You are putting your own spin on the facts. Trump is not going after specific groups. He advocates we follow the letter of the law.

Let's just say that America was tired of that flu and everyone had it. We have been hit with a "Me First Syndrome".

Immigrants are saying they may have broken the law, but that means nothing. We should be able to stay and call Mexico our home although we are living and usurping the resources of America. We will work for lower wages to take the American Dream away from the citizens of America, because, it's "Me First."

Blacks are whining that although they are part of a greater group of citizens, their needs are more important that the group as a whole. Walla, we have "Black Lives Matter", not All Lives Matter. Their desires come first and furthermore, they want a larger bite of the apple without subjugating themselves to work for what they have or applying the rules or laws that others do for their own successes.

Millennials were just added to the subgroups of dissatisfaction. Now they want to survive in a world where there is free speech without being offended. Universities are providing "safe spaces" where no one will hurt their poor feelings, they want free school, but of course if their feelings are hurt like losing an election, they should be permitted to protest and cancel midterm exams! What kind of preparation does that give these students for the real world? None!

Not all immigrants, blacks or millennials are included in the above groups, but there's enough to say, we are barking up the wrong tree. We cannot have so many here in the US that are dysfunctional adults and still make this country "great again." We need everyone to carry their own weight and it is not happening now.

Huh? I can't fight that many strawman at once but my point stands. When America gets a cold black communities get the flu.

So if the economy isn't great its going to impact blacks more. It's always been that way not sure why this is seen as special now.

Forum List

Back