Democrats Need to Drop the Gun-Control Issue

I recently changed my stance on gun-control. I think it's a dead-end and only harms the Democratic Party.

Guns and the violence that accompanies it are too embedded in American culture, they enshrined it in their Constitution for Christ's sake.

Moreover, Americans are too fearful to ever put down their guns, so the Democrats need to wise up and just drop the issue.

At the very least change their stance and go full-bore in the opposite direction, I say flood the country w/guns and ammunition, let them buy weapons till their wallets burst.

However, at the same time, they need to promote gun safety and consequences for the lack thereof. Every gun owner should be insured, if not, they should be held financially and criminally liable if/when necessary.

Also, keep better track of them, that goes w/the previous sentence.

Let people get and keep their guns to theirheartscontent, but let's all be safe about it.

Guns should be handled like cars. Maintain a registry, pass a basic gun safety and knowledge test, show you can hit something, and be licensed and insured.

Yeah, no thanks........at this point you guys won't try to ban and confiscate cars......that is for farther down the road..

You want to keep law abiding people from being able to own and carry guns and you will use prohibitive taxes, fees and training requirements to keep people from owning and carrying them...

Just like when guys like you passed Poll Taxes and Literacy tests to keep blacks from voting, you want to pass the Poll Taxes and Literacy tests for gun ownership...

Sorry, too bad...

I recently changed my stance on gun-control. I think it's a dead-end and only harms the Democratic Party.

Guns and the violence that accompanies it are too embedded in American culture, they enshrined it in their Constitution for Christ's sake.

Moreover, Americans are too fearful to ever put down their guns, so the Democrats need to wise up and just drop the issue.

At the very least change their stance and go full-bore in the opposite direction, I say flood the country w/guns and ammunition, let them buy weapons till their wallets burst.

However, at the same time, they need to promote gun safety and consequences for the lack thereof. Every gun owner should be insured, if not, they should be held financially and criminally liable if/when necessary.

Let people get and keep their guns to theirheartscontent, but let's all be safe about it.

The brothers agree.
SUB+with+guns.jpg

I recently changed my stance on gun-control.
Good thing because it was WRONG. Like all of your positions you at first THINK is right.

INTERESTING that you group AMERICANS into a separate group from DEMOCRATS.

I say flood the country w/guns and ammunition, let them buy weapons till their wallets burst.
Just keep putting democrats in office. Nothing sells guns like putting an Obumma or Biddum there.

However, at the same time, they need to promote gun safety
That is the role of the NRA to promote good firearm training.

if not, they should be held financially and criminally liable if/when necessary.
I guess you're too much an idiot to realize that the "gun nuts" of the Right are mostly involved in the DEFENSIVE use of guns to protect themselves. Usually from the likes of YOU.

Dems can't win on gun control because their proposals are beyond stupid! Heaping gun control laws onto already law abiding gun owners accomplishes none of the gun control objectives. Meanwhile the criminals and mentally ill IGNORE gun control laws. This is why law abiding gun owners tell gun control advocates to fuck off!
Meanwhile, 1 in 6 ADULTS are diagnosed with mental illness in this country. Many of them own guns, I suspect.

"Mental illnesses are common in the United States. Nearly one in five U.S. adults live with a mental illness (51.5 million in 2019). Mental illnesses include many different conditions that vary in degree of severity, ranging from mild to moderate to severe."

Last edited:
Dems can't win on gun control because their proposals are beyond stupid! Heaping gun control laws onto already law abiding gun owners accomplishes none of the gun control objectives. Meanwhile the criminals and mentally ill IGNORE gun control laws. This is why law abiding gun owners tell gun control advocates to fuck off!
Meanwhile, 1 in 5 ADULTS are diagnosed with mental illness in this country. Many of them own guns, I suspect.

"Mental illnesses are common in the United States. Nearly one in five U.S. adults live with a mental illness (51.5 million in 2019). Mental illnesses include many different conditions that vary in degree of severity, ranging from mild to moderate to severe."

People are flawed let's revoke all rights!!!

Idiot

We have no real ability to identify most mental illnesses, just a bunch of conjecture propelled by a massive pharmaceutical industry. A lot of them like addiction are simply defined by if they're giving you problems in your personal life, as defined by you.

Meanwhile, 1 in 5 ADULTS are diagnosed with mental illness in this country. Many of them own guns, I suspect.

You voted for a guy with mental illness to control our nukes. Lets be real here.

Idiot

We have no real ability to identify most mental illnesses, just a bunch of conjecture propelled by a massive pharmaceutical industry. A lot of them like addiction are simply defined by if they're giving you problems in your personal life, as defined by you.
Maybe you should get checked, idiot.

Idiot

Maybe you should get checked, idiot.

They'd just see my income and call me quirky like you would trump, lol

that's how shrinks work

ask them if you're a drunk. They'll respond with a question like "is it causing you problems in your personal life?" lol

They don't know shit, borderline psuedoscience

Just take out the "depressed" people and that number gets cut in half

Guns should be handled like cars. Maintain a registry, pass a basic gun safety and knowledge test, show you can hit something, and be licensed and insured.
Unconstitutional.

Lets do with that voting too. And free speech. And due process. etc
Great ideas, if i do say so myself ;)

Meanwhile, 1 in 6 ADULTS are diagnosed with mental illness in this country. Many of them own guns, I suspect.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

What are your intentions, to force law abiding gun owners to be even more law abiding? Are you proposing all alcohol be banned because a percentage are alcoholics who kill thousands of people each year, far more than guns do?

Or just druggies and alcoholics can go on a shooting spree or kill a spouse. I made the point when we first got married, no guns in the house.

OK so why don't you quote where I said i want illegals "rounded up"?
Not playing that game. The right wants them rounded up. Until you start correcting them, you are going along.

And FYI the gun industry doesn't make a profit on the illegal sales of guns to criminals.
Sure they do. Where do you think t hose guns come from? They come from straw buyers, gun dealers at gun shows, etc. All that money goes back to Big Gun eventually. But the real profit is the fear they create.

Driving isn't a right.

Since the vast majority of legal gun owners will never commit a crime or shoot anyone I would say violence does not accompany gun ownership. And violence is certainly not enshrined in the Constitution.

In fact it is an almost vanishingly small percentage of people that commit any crimes involving guns and violence.

Our gun crimes are so concentrated in very small areas of the country that you can see drastic crime stats in a 3 or 4 block distance but outside of that area gun crimes are virtually nonexistent.

The crime and violence in this country are social ills and have nothing to do with people who legally own guns.
Republican USMB posters are always emphasizing how bad crime is in the only city in America, Chicago and you come waltzing in to burst their bubble with these alternative facts.

Who should I believe?
I'm not a republican.

And why don't you just believe the statistics of where the most murders occur?

Murder and crime rates are always higher in urban areas

OK so why don't you quote where I said i want illegals "rounded up"?
Not playing that game. The right wants them rounded up. Until you start correcting them, you are going along.

And FYI the gun industry doesn't make a profit on the illegal sales of guns to criminals.
Sure they do. Where do you think t hose guns come from? They come from straw buyers, gun dealers at gun shows, etc. All that money goes back to Big Gun eventually. But the real profit is the fear they create.
I'm not the right. I don't vote for republicans.

Gun manufacturers are only allowed to sell wholesale to licensed dealers. Licensed dealers are only allowed to sell to people who pass BG checks.

Gun manufacturers only make money on their sales to licensed dealers. Licensed dealers only make money on the legal sales of guns

Any illegal sale does not increase the profit of the manufacturers.

Do you think Ford makes money if you buy a 10 year old Taurus?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back