Democrats Kneel To The Annoying Child Who Knows Nothing

First of all, Greta means well.
Second is that she is right about a lot of the general practices we do as being totally unsustainable.
Not just over population, but they just discovered we were dumping toxic barrels of DDT derivatives into the ocean 70 years ago.
Slow suicide is still suicide, so Greta is right in general.
She just is not enough of an expert on all the details to not make some mistakes.
That does not invalidate her general points.
We do have a responsibility to future generations.

Second is that she is right about a lot of the general practices we do as being totally unsustainable.
Greta is just a professional nag

She started with the man-made global warming disaster hoax

but just as in your post has drifted into a generalized anti pollution campaign

her family is in show business

but her talent is not musical and she’s certainly not beautiful

so she’s doing the only thing she can to get attention

The hall monitor has you in her sights:

“You get away with it now, but sooner or later, people are going to realize what you have been doing all this time. That’s inevitable. You still have time to do the right thing and to save your legacies, but that window of time is not going to last for long. What happens then? We, the young people, are the ones who are going to write about you in the history books. We are the ones who get to decide how you will be remembered.” Greta Thunberg

:auiqs.jpg:

Perhaps Greta, but you will not be remembered beyond the cartoons. You don't even write your own copy.

I don't really care what the little turds write about me in the history books. I won't be here to read them, anyway, so fuck it.

I'm a bit surprised at you, normally your comments are quite balanced.
I think though it is a case of something I've noticed since coming on USMB, - Americans hate being criticised especially by non-Americans and no doubt especially by a teenage girl. Good thing she's not black. I wouldn't take it as yank bashing if I were you as Greta slags off every developed country.

Like everything else I always wait until I have got enough information on the person before passing judgement and even then I'm open to change my mind.
I remember a few years ago on a political chat show a government minister saying
" Yes we don't mind the kids having an odd day to make their protests bless em, but kids should really be in school." Or words to that effect. Which I thought very patronising.

I didn't know who had led these school strikes but over the short time since Greta has become a phenomenon. I can't think of anybody who could have made the impression she has even had they been hand-picked and taught from birth.

I watched a couple of hour long docs. about her mainly cos there was nothing else on.
I found her quite amazing, how she can give interviews without any notes and speak authoritatively in a relaxed way never looking like getting flustered or tensing up under scrutiny is amazing in a girl her age. She has the nack of always saying the right thing.
My nephew like Greta has Asperger's syndrome but he is very difficult to communicate with. She said she had to go to a special school cos she couldn't cope with the large number of pupils in state schools, 5 or 6 kids in a class was as much as she could cope with. So she finds leading a parade with tens of thousands of people swamping her no easy fete, yet she overcomes it to fight her cause.

Sadly, and I hate to have to say it but I get a premonition that her life will not only be a sad one but a short one. I just get a feeling about her. It will of course do her cause no end of good, her teachings going from viral to stratospheric if she were to pass away while still young.

We should value and make the most of her while she is still here as she is truly a unique individual.

I am not angry at the child, but what those behind her have trained her to represent.

Her phenomena is limited to a very few. It's media that gives her what power she has.

I think though it is a case of something I've noticed since coming on USMB, - Americans hate being criticised especially by non-Americans and no doubt especially by a teenage girl. Good thing she's not black. I wouldn't take it as yank bashing if I were you as Greta slags off every developed country.

Like everything else I always wait until I have got enough information on the person before passing judgement and even then I'm open to change my mind.
I remember a few years ago on a political chat show a government minister saying
" Yes we don't mind the kids having an odd day to make their protests bless em, but kids should really be in school." Or words to that effect. Which I thought very patronising.

I didn't know who had led these school strikes but over the short time since Greta has become a phenomenon. I can't think of anybody who could have made the impression she has even had they been hand-picked and taught from birth.

I watched a couple of hour long docs. about her mainly cos there was nothing else on.
I found her quite amazing, how she can give interviews without any notes and speak authoritatively in a relaxed way never looking like getting flustered or tensing up under scrutiny is amazing in a girl her age. She has the nack of always saying the right thing.
My nephew like Greta has Asperger's syndrome but he is very difficult to communicate with. She said she had to go to a special school cos she couldn't cope with the large number of pupils in state schools, 5 or 6 kids in a class was as much as she could cope with. So she finds leading a parade with tens of thousands of people swamping her no easy fete, yet she overcomes it to fight her cause.

Sadly, and I hate to have to say it but I get a premonition that her life will not only be a sad one but a short one. I just get a feeling about her. It will of course do her cause no end of good, her teachings going from viral to stratospheric if she were to pass away while still young.

We should value and make the most of her while she is still here as she is truly a unique individual.

I am not angry at the child, but what those behind her have trained her to represent.

Her phenomena is limited to a very few. It's media that gives her what power she has.
Right? They won’t put me on to air my anger

Right? They won’t put me on to air my anger

That's because, to the State you are -

Forum List

Back