Democrats Klobucher, Steyer don't know name of Mexican President.

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
Seems like pretty basic stuff to know if you want to be President..............the name of the President of the country right next to you.

In interview, Klobuchar, Steyer can't name Mexican president

Democratic presidential hopefuls Amy Klobuchar and Tom Steyer were stumped when asked during a televised interview in Nevada to name the Mexican president.

Klobuchar, Steyer and fellow 2020 candidate Pete Buttigieg were asked during one-on-one interviews with the Spanish-language station Telemundo on Thursday night if they knew the name of the president whose country borders the U.S. It is Andrés Manuel López Obrador, who took office in December 2018.

Klobuchar, a three-term senator from Minnesota, responded, “No.”

Steyer, a billionaire businessman, replied, “I forgot.”

Buttigieg, the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, was the only one of the three who knew the answer. “Lopez Obrador, I hope,” he said with a smile.

The interviews occurred after a candidate forum hosted by the League of United Latin American Citizens, the nation's largest Hispanic civil rights organization. Buttigieg, Klobuchar and Steyer were the only 2020 candidates to attend. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders addressed the audience via video.

Nevada has a large immigrant population, and Hispanics are a critical constituency for Democrats. The state will be the third to weigh in on the Democratic presidential nomination when it holds its caucuses Feb. 22.

Lol..I bet they know that Belgium is a country and not a city and that Nepal is not pronounced “nipple”.
:5_1_12024::banana:

Every time Trump made up, confused, or didn’t know of countries that actually exist
Kansas City, Kansas

Dimwinger whataboutism is the best these Simpletons can come up with.:21:
upload_2020-2-15_10-14-2.gif

• Banned
Lol..I bet they know that Belgium is a country and not a city and that Nepal is not pronounced “nipple”.
:5_1_12024::banana:

Every time Trump made up, confused, or didn’t know of countries that actually exist
Kansas City, Kansas

Dimwinger whataboutism is the best these Simpletons can come up with.:21:
View attachment 306827View attachment 306827 View attachment 306827 View attachment 306827 View attachment 306827
Stick to your lame whataboutism, Sparky.:21:

Seems like pretty basic stuff to know if you want to be President..............the name of the President of the country right next to you.

Democratic presidential hopefuls Amy Klobuchar and Tom Steyer were stumped when asked during a televised interview in Nevada to name the Mexican president.

Klobuchar, Steyer and fellow 2020 candidate Pete Buttigieg were asked during one-on-one interviews with the Spanish-language station Telemundo on Thursday night if they knew the name of the president whose country borders the U.S. It is Andrés Manuel López Obrador, who took office in December 2018.

Buttigieg, the former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, was the only one of the three who knew the answer. “Lopez Obrador, I hope,” he said with a smile.

The interviews occurred after a candidate forum hosted by the League of United Latin American Citizens, the nation's largest Hispanic civil rights organization. Buttigieg, Klobuchar and Steyer were the only 2020 candidates to attend. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders addressed the audience via video.

Nevada has a large immigrant population, and Hispanics are a critical constituency for Democrats. The state will be the third to weigh in on the Democratic presidential nomination when it holds its caucuses Feb. 22.

I bet they can pronounce "Pock-ee-stan" though. :laughing0301:

I bet they can pronounce "Pock-ee-stan" though. :laughing0301:

Forum List

Back