Democrats face these major headwinds in 2022 elections

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Aside from the historical trend of the opposition party gaining seats in midterm elections, the author discusses issues such as an uptick in violent crime, the border crisis, rising inflation, and critical race theory combined with their already slim majority, as issues that may work against Democrats keeping a majority in Congress after next year's elections.

Aside from the historical trend of the opposition party gaining seats in midterm elections, the author discusses issues such as an uptick in violent crime, the border crisis, rising inflation, and critical race theory combined with their already slim majority, as issues that may work against Democrats keeping a majority in Congress after next year's elections.

The Dims are terrified of rising crime rates and the defund the police movement they championed. That is their Achilles heel. If you live in a major urban area like New York, Chicago, Minneapolis, Portland, or Los Angeles they are rapidly becoming very dangerous places to live.

The Dims will need to either fully embrace law and order and middle class mostly Suburban voters, or continue to embrace BLM and Antifa. They cannot have it both ways.

My prediction.... Being Dims they will lie to both sides and try to have it both ways. That strategy will fail miserably. But no one can accuse politicians of being smart.

Last edited:
Midterms are a year and a half away. The most important factor in those elections has yet to occur. We have a rather short memory.

Slow Joe's dementia will guarantee a shellacking
Maybe. But we are looking at having 5-6% GDP growth and very good wage growth as well.

Anything could happen between now and November 2022.

The economy and inflation have to be settled down and solid, the Dems have to avoid pissing too many people off with their annoying PC/Identity Politics bullshit, crime numbers need to improve, Trump and the Trumpsters have to keep acting like arrogant, ignorant buffoons, and the Dems have to get out the vote.

Taken as a whole, that's a pretty freakin' tall order.

Last edited:

Crime? Just put more guns out there....

Border crisis? Where on phax news?

Rising Inflation? Temporary and not a big deal.

CRT? The problem with that is all the whitey whining about what they think it is, not what it is.

I'm not worried about 2020 now like the right leaning Washington examiner opinion writer is.

Midterms are a year and a half away. The most important factor in those elections has yet to occur. We have a rather short memory.

Maybe. But we are looking at having 5-6% GDP growth and very good wage growth as well.

It's not about the economy, if so Trump would have won in a landslide

The dem's downfall will be the "woke" shit.

Trust me.... people are tired of it, I hear it constantly...

Save it Blotto, I don't watch vids on here

I won't watch it either as the General stomps on your wokeness.

May those head winds turn into a hurricane....

I won't watch it either as the General stomps on your wokeness.

I'm not "woke", shitstain.

Now waddle off and cease annoying me

Forum List

Back