Democrats defeat assured...beer shortage looms...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
That's right...a CO2 shortage is threatening US beer manufacturing.

Think things are bad now? Wait until we run out of beer...

It’s a Trump-Putin conspiracy to get us all to drink wodka.

Maybe that's what happened to the Irish.....They ran out of Co2 and had to resort to whiskey.

b4d4623e554df9a1267087e636ca54bd.jpg

cans and bottles have been an issue since last year. Most people didn't notice. Distributors have been sweating bullets to keep inventories on hand with such high demand per someone I know who works in the distribution arena.

They'll figure it out.

Now if my cokes are flat, it will be World Effing War III.

cans and bottles have been an issue since last year. Most people didn't notice. Distributors have been sweating bullets to keep inventories on hand with such high demand per someone I know who works in the distribution arena.

They'll figure it out.

I noticed my half gallons of Kahlua now come in clear plastic bottles.

A CO2 shortage? While there is a climate crisis that excess CO2 is actually killing the planet?

No matter. I stopped drinking beer several years ago when I saw prices had leaped up 50-60% over what beer used to sell for just a few years earlier. Alcohol for alcohol, I can now buy hard liquor for a lot less money than the same beer would cost me.

My recipe is simple. Right out of the bottle it is better than the store bought stuff and if you make several bottles and put some away for 6 months to a year, the flavor is INCREDIBLE. Glacial smooth.

Alright then let me hear the recipe.
I've made homemade kahlua before and it wasnt bad.
It's just easier to go and buy it,but with things looking like they're looking it might not be a bad idea to make your own before it goes the way of Tia maria.
The Wife and I have talked about buying a shitload of Everclear since a little goes a long way and it has multiple uses.

We did that a few years ago.

Never drink the stuff... but it never goes bad so ... 🤷‍♂️

That what I said to the Wife.
We can buy 30 or 40 half gallons and we'll never touch it as long as the liquor store stays open.
If things go really bad you have some serious grain alcohol that would last a long time.
One shot in some powdered drink mix would do it. Of course it would taste like shit but i'd get the job done.

They'll figure it out.

It didn't effect bottles at all. In fact when the can shortage started (about 2 years ago) breweries switched to bottles. They laid the blame on covid. People that normally drank at bars and restaurants that served beer started buying their own for home. That dramatically increased aluminum can usage as draft beer comes in kegs, and few have a keg cooler at home.

While new can factories were being built, construction wasn't expected to be complete until January of this year. Well January is gone and we're into August, and I still can't buy my Molson Canadian in cans. I hate buying bottles because I'm a daily beer drinker, and it really weighs down my recycle bin. Plus cans are cheaper than bottles, and when I recycle my cans, at least I get a few bucks out of it.

When you make beer it is naturally carbonated. When it ferments the yeast eat the sugars and release alcohol and carbon dioxide.

I don't need industrial carbon dioxide when I make beer.

Carbonated soft drinks need industrial carbon dioxide, not beer.

Forum List

Back