Democrats comically shoot themselves in the foot

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
In a passionate and committed effort to demonstrate how neither party deserves too much power, the Democrats are now making complete fools of themselves over the various spending bills before them.

All-or-nothing politics doesn't work, and America is proving it, beyond a shadow of a doubt. We used to be exceptional. Now we're just tribal.

In a passionate and committed effort to demonstrate how neither party deserves too much power, the Democrats are now making complete fools of themselves over the various spending bills before them.

All-or-nothing politics doesn't work, and America is proving it, beyond a shadow of a doubt. We used to be exceptional. Now we're just tribal.

I was wondering how long it would take Vichy Mac to start pining for Trump.

Not long. Not long at all.

Democrats shoot themselves in the foot, the media whitewashes it, then people move on to the next Democrat caused crisis, the media whitewashes again etc. It becomes a perpetual cycle as long as people keep falling for the medias fake bullshit. That media is what emboldens Democrats to feel comfortable saying so many far fetched lies.

Democrats shoot themselves in the foot, the media whitewashes it, then people move on to the next Democrat caused crisis, the media whitewashes again etc. It becomes a perpetual cycle as long as people keep falling for the medias fake bullshit. That media is what emboldens Democrats to feel comfortable saying so many far fetched lies.
I do love irony.

Haven't the progressives learn to negotiate, I guess not. I give them credit for sticking to their guns and all democrats voting for this one and not this one, like the republicans are doing and have done,
save Cheney, and the other one.

Haven't the progressives learn to negotiate, I guess not. I give them credit for sticking to their guns and all democrats voting for this one and not this one, like the republicans are doing and have done,
save Cheney, and the other one.
I'm getting the impression that Pelosi is frustrated as hell, and that's not a situation in which she finds herself very often. This is some real cat-herding.

I'd love to know what the various players are thinking about how much this can hurt them in '22 and '24. If they're thinking about that at all.

I'm getting the impression that Pelosi is frustrated as hell, and that's not a situation in which she finds herself very often. This is some real cat-herding.

I'd love to know what the various players are thinking about how much this can hurt them in '22 and '24. If they're thinking about that at all.

They've probably concluded they are going to take a bath in 22 regardless, so might as well get what you can now.

I don't think it will hurt, all the republicans vote in the group and vote NO to raising the debt.

All I know is whatever passes will help the rich, that is what these two parties are all about.

Well, sure. Now Dems have the power to continue spending us into oblivion and wokeness.

Well, this is interesting:

Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) called for up to $4 trillion in infrastructure spending over 10 years in January as the Democrats were poised to take control of Congress and the White House.

Manchin, who is considered a moderate or conservative Democrat, made the comments on the Inside West Virginia Politics news program a few days before President Joe Biden was sworn into office.

On Wednesday, Manchin issued a statement saying he couldn't support the proposed $3.5 trillion infrastructure package, which Democrats had hoped to pass using the budget reconciliation process.

They've probably concluded they are going to take a bath in 22 regardless, so might as well get what you can now.
Everything moves in tides. It is good political strategy to do just that…. shoot for the moon knowing that the tide is about to turn.

Forum List

Back