Democrats Bring Bill To Prohibit Armed Citizen Militias

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b)The classes of the militia are—

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
(Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 14, § 311; Pub. L. 85–861, § 1(7), Sept. 2, 1958, 72 Stat. 1439; Pub. L. 103–160, div. A, title V, § 524(a), Nov. 30, 1993, 107 Stat. 1656; renumbered § 246, Pub. L. 114–328, div. A, title XII, § 1241(a)(2), Dec. 23, 2016, 130 Stat. 2497.)

Dumbass the unorganized militia has no connection with the national guard and no where is a age maximum given in the unorganized identification.

Where is here? I'd like to check that two minutes claim.
I literally live in line of sight of the local firehouse. There is a major hospital three miles away, and the last time we called the PoPo for some potential shenanigans at the school across the street, the police where there within 45 seconds.

I am sorry if live in the middle of nowhere and are deathly afraid of roving hordes coming to take out your village.

Congress created the NG pursuant to its power to raise armies, not regulate the militia.
The NG may sometimes function as militia might, but the NG is a federal force; unlike the militia, the NG may be deployed overseas.
So... No. Its not.
The Texas Militia are the militia forces of the State of Texas. It currently consists of the Texas Army National Guard, Texas Air National Guard, and Texas State Guard. It is administered by the Texas Military Department under command of the Texas Adjutant General.

Those are separate from the Texas National Guard, commanded by the Governor. Most all states have their own State Guard as well as some state authorized militias.

The point is the Militias were always under the authority of the Government, always.

The Texas Militia are the militia forces of the State of Texas. It currently consists of the Texas Army National Guard, Texas Air National Guard, and Texas State Guard. It is administered by the Texas Military Department under command of the Texas Adjutant General.
The Army and Air Guard units are not militia.
They may sometimes function as militia might, but are federal forces, and were created under the congressional power to raise armies. Unlike militia units, these can be deployed overseas.
The point is the Militias were always under the authority of the Government, always.
You made an error.
I corrected you.
You're welcome.

The Army and Air Guard units are not militia.
They may sometimes function as militia might, but are federal forces, and were created under the congressional power to raise armies. Unlike militia units, these can be deployed overseas.

You made an error.
I corrected you.
You're welcome.
Your opinion is not reality.

They are not part of the federal armed forces command structure, but rather operate purely as a state-organized and controlled military force. These forces are distinct from their state's National Guard in that they cannot be mobilized for federal service and they are not funded by the federal government.

They are not part of the federal armed forces command structure
The TX Army and Air National Guard uniforms say US Army and US Air Force.
Their paychecks and unit funding come from the US Treasury.
They are issued equipment by and from the US DoD.
They were created under the federal power to raise armies.
They are part of the US Army and Air Force organizational structures.
They can be deployed overseas

Not militia.

The TX Army and Air National Guard uniforms say US Army and US Air Force.
Their paychecks come from the US Treasury.
They are issued equipment by and from the US DoD.
They were created under the federal power to raise armies.
They are part of the US Army and Air Force organizational structures.
They can be deployed overseas

Not militia.

You're conflating the Texas National Guard with the Texas Armed Forces. Different entities. Their paychecks come from Texas and they cannot be federalized.

You're conflating the Texas National Guard with the Texas Armed Forces. Different entities.
You said:
The militias were organized by the Constitution and were controlled by both federal and state authorities. Now they are the state's national guard.

State NG forces are federal, and were created under the power to raise armies, not regulate the militia.
Thus: Not militia.

You said:
The militias were organized by the Constitution and were controlled by both federal and state authorities. Now they are the state's national guard.

State NG forces are federal, and were created under the power to raise armies, not regulate the militia.
Thus: Not militia.
Yes I conflated the two as well. Obviously it is the Texas State Guard that has taken over the position of the Militia.

I literally live in line of sight of the local firehouse. There is a major hospital three miles away, and the last time we called the PoPo for some potential shenanigans at the school across the street, the police where there within 45 seconds.

I am sorry if live in the middle of nowhere and are deathly afraid of roving hordes coming to take out your village.

Do you lock your doors at night?

:safetocomeoutff:

Sounds like a sick child's club and you are proud to post this?
Clue, it is 2024 and your Rambo antisocial behavior needs to stop and will be by law in the not too distant future.
One question, what is it like to never grow up?
This is leftard diversity and inclusiveness in action. ^^^

Leftards are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

Any time you hear a shit talking leftard, remind her she's a brainless sack of bullshit.

She is fuckin 11!!!!!!
She should be playing with dolls not weapons of slaughter.
My daughter could hit the O in a Coke can from a quarter mile out, by the time she was 9.

Unfortunately she only started defending herself around age 12 or so, before that it was just a game.

You can blame BLM for it.

The screaming leftards made her realize that self defense could be important.

Alley cats.

(The females are the worst, very annoying)
We have the occasional field mouse or possum and 7.3mm squirrels.

I don't see any movement for the bill to pass. More importantly there are already laws on the books for much of this. I doubt the remainder survives 1st Amendment Constitutional scrutiny.

thequeen-fuck-you.gif
Orange Jesus would be proud of this behavior.

Show me where I am wrong? Show me where the unorganized militia has an age limit?

10 USC Ch. 12: THE MILITIA
From Title 10—ARMED FORCES Subtitle A—General Military Law

246. Militia: composition and classes​

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are—

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Forum List

Back