Democrats Brace for War over Supreme Court

A different situation, though you choose not to recognize it.
An election year is an election year
Either you wait for the vote to come in or you don’t

Allow me to rephrase - "Tough titty."

I have great faith in the integrity of the Republican Party

They are above petty partisan politics. Like they said in 2016, they care about the PEOPLE getting to decide who fills an empty Supreme Court seat during an election year

No, they care about AMERICANS getting to decide who fills the seat.

Damn Skippy
AMERICANS should decide who gets to fill a vacancy during an election year

Being true Americans, Republicans would NEVER allow such an important vacancy to be filled in an election year

I see I did a fly-by there. I fear I've been exclusionary.

"Thimk, rw" :auiqs.jpg: (misspelling intentional)

A different situation, though you choose not to recognize it.
An election year is an election year
Either you wait for the vote to come in or you don’t

Allow me to rephrase - "Tough titty."

I have great faith in the integrity of the Republican Party

They are above petty partisan politics. Like they said in 2016, they care about the PEOPLE getting to decide who fills an empty Supreme Court seat during an election year
You're killing me. LOL

If the seat is filled, the SC future will hang on Roberts. If he can convince the dems that he is applying the same analysis and rules to EO by dems as gopers, it may be ok. But I gotta say, it doesn't appear to me that Obama got the same deference that Trump is getting. Roberts can say Obama's were overturned because the const didn't explicitly give the potus the power do to what the EO did (like Daca), but conversely with Trump the congress explicitly gave the potus powers to declare emergencies. But, no one really, and not even the Trump admin, argues with a straight face that the emergency defense or economic powers were about immigration or trade disputes.

It will be a bad day if this happens.
This is Roberts Court
His legacy will be judged on how consistently and fairly his court rules

If it devolves into a partisan court intent on protecting one parties position....that will be the Roberts Court
Not to diss the guy at all, but J. John Roberts' first and foremost concern is how he goes down in history. That's not my judgment, that's a consensus of professional court watchers. His largest problem is that Fundy Xianity has invested hundreds of millions, if not an outright billion, in electing a court to reverse Roe. And not entirely coincidentally, the Judges whom they purchased will also (mostly) rule that capital cannot be regulated.

So, his legacy is one of partisan purchase. Whether he can overcome that or not … remains to be seen. I'm not hung up on Roe one way or another. imo it was wrongfully decided at the time. But if the Court gives the people who purchased the Garland seat what they want, his legacy will be that.

If you think the Kavanaugh hearings were an evil circus, just wait for the chance of another Trump nominee in the event of another vacancy.

The Left is already manning the barricades. The resulting hearing will make the Brett Kavanaugh fiasco, a dark moment in U.S. history, look like a charming affair. In the event that President Donald Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett, as many conservatives hope, this hearing will be a preview of the Apocalypse.

Will they do anything to keep her from the bench? After all, she’s young and could be on the bench for decades to come.

Dianne Feinstein has already previewed a primary argument to be wielded against Barrett if she is nominated with Feinstein's "dogma lives loudly within you" comments in 2017. Democrats will argue that, as a believing Catholic, Barrett is somehow not qualified to be on the Supreme Court, that real believing Christians, vice the Nancy Pelosi variety, are biased and can't interpret the Constitution.

The hearing should make entertaining television. One has to hope it will come BEFORE the election so Dimocrap antics will be fresh in the minds of the voters.

More @ https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/08/democrats_brace_for_war_over_supreme_court.html
Won’t really matter

Trump only has two months before the Nov election, then we will be in an election year

Everyone knows Republicans do not fill SCOTUS vacancies in an election year

Mitch has stated "We will leave no vacancy unfilled." :113:

Suck it up buttercup.
52 Republican Senators

Not one has the integrity to stand by the position they had in 2016?

Why would you expect different? Neither party has had that kind of integrity for decades. Face it, they're in power and will do exactly what the democrats would do.
When have Democrat’s ever done that?

It was REPUBLICANS who made it clear that it is inappropriate to fill a Supreme Court vacancy in an election year

Yup, and it will be Republicans who replace Buzzy in an election year, should she vacate her seat then. If you really believe democrats would not also do that, I have a rainbow farting unicorn I'll sell you, cheap. It was they who had an epic meltdown when Republicans even DISCUSSED using the nuclear option, wailing on about the rights of the minority party, but then went nuclear themselves as soon as it suited them.

If you think the Kavanaugh hearings were an evil circus, just wait for the chance of another Trump nominee in the event of another vacancy.
The hearing should make entertaining television. One has to hope it will come BEFORE the election so Dimocrap antics will be fresh in the minds of the voters.
With any luck, Ginsberg will step down in February or March of the year, so McConnell can AGAIN give the Democrats the finger and put Trump's nominee up for a vote.

With any luck, Ginsbug will step on a bananna peel at the top of the stairs in the Senate building tonight.

trumpdough.jpg

Dems are too promiscuous to nominate and religious mental geometries are prejudicially compromised in interpreting. At least Ginsburg had enough atheism left from her lifelong dealings with judaism to correctly interpret the pathology of the father's rule for the Bladensburg Cross case.

Won’t really matter

Trump only has two months before the Nov election, then we will be in an election year

Everyone knows Republicans do not fill SCOTUS vacancies in an election year

Suck it up buttercup.
52 Republican Senators

Why would you expect different? Neither party has had that kind of integrity for decades. Face it, they're in power and will do exactly what the democrats would do.

It was REPUBLICANS who made it clear that it is inappropriate to fill a Supreme Court vacancy in an election year

Yup, and it will be Republicans who replace Buzzy in an election year, should she vacate her seat then. If you really believe democrats would not also do that, I have a rainbow farting unicorn I'll sell you, cheap. It was they who had an epic meltdown when Republicans even DISCUSSED using the nuclear option, wailing on about the rights of the minority party, but then went nuclear themselves as soon as it suited them.

Republicans have too much respect for their personal integrity to EVER fill a Supreme Court seat in an election year

They know......the PEOPLE should decide who fills it

Suck it up buttercup.
52 Republican Senators

Republicans have too much respect for their personal integrity to EVER fill a Supreme Court seat in an election year

They know......the PEOPLE should decide who fills it

Oh, most certainly Republicans in the past were far more respectful and never would drop to the level of the democrats, but they've realized that democrats will never respect anything, so there you go.

Forum List

Back