Democrats begin destroying their opposition, Scott Walker...his college days important, obama's not

If you are going to talk about Walker's college records it's only fair that we compare the two..Obama's and Walker's. But we both know that is not possible. The first order of business on the day Obama took office was to write an Executive Order to assure that no on would ever see his college or school applications and records. Now why was that?

Lets break this down
  • The first order of business on the day Obama took office was to write an Executive Order to assure that no on would ever see his college or school applications and records. Now why was that?
Why? Because that is just a lie. Someone lied to you. The question you should ask is- why would someone tell you that lie?
What Was President Obama s First Executive Order

Obama's first executive order merely rescinded an earlier executive order severely limitingpublic access to presidential records after they left office.

That now-rescinded executive order, 13233, was signed by then-President George W. Bush on Nov. 1, 2001. It allowed former presidents and even family members to declare executive privilege and block public access to White House records for virtually any reason.

Bush's measure was criticized heavily and challenged in court. The Society of American Archivists called Bush's executive order a "complete abnegation of the original 1978 Presidential Records Act." The Presidential Records Act mandates the preservation of presidential records and makes them available to the public.

• it's only fair that we compare the two..Obama's and Walker's
Yes its not possible- since neither Walker or Obama have ever shown their college records.

And it wasn't possible in the last election- since neither Romney or Obama released their college records.

Didn't bother me then- did it bother you?

The Executive Order I was referring to was ONE of the first. It is 13489 signed on Jan. 21, 2009.

It was a method of hiding Presidential Records:

Executive Order 13489 of January 21, 2009

Presidential Records

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to establish policies and procedures governing the assertion of executive privilege by incumbent and former Presidents in connection with the release of Presidential records by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) pursuant to the Presidential Records Act of 1978, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1.Definitions. 

For purposes of this order:

(a)
“Archivist” refers to the Archivist of the United States or his designee.
(b)
“NARA” refers to the National Archives and Records Administration.
(c)
“Presidential Records Act” refers to the Presidential Records Act, 44 U.S.C. 2201-2207.
(d)
“NARA regulations” refers to the NARA regulations implementing the Presidential Records Act, 36 C.F.R. Part 1270.
(e)
“Presidential records” refers to those documentary materials maintained by NARA pursuant to the Presidential Records Act, including Vice Presidential records.
(f)
“Former President” refers to the former President during whose term or terms of office particular Presidential records were created.
(g)
A “substantial question of executive privilege” exists if NARA's disclosure of Presidential records might impair national security (including the conduct of foreign relations), law enforcement, or the deliberative processes of the executive branch.
(h)
A “final court order” is a court order from which no appeal may be taken.

It revoked EO 13233.

Hmmm- yes- exactly as I said- and exactly as the article I cited said- and none of that has anything to do with President Obama's college records- nothing at all- you were lied to.

Aren't you curious why you were lied to?

Barack Obama signed Executive Order 13489 on Jan. 21, 2009, one day after being sworn in as the 44th president of the United States.

So, what does it say?

To hear the conspiracy theorists describe it, Obama's first executive order officially closed off Obama's personal records to the public. You know, his birth certificate and all that.

"Obama's First Executive Order was to SEAL his records," one popular Internet claim goes. "Now for all of you who commented on our previous articles that we were no more that right-wing nut jobs, that this thing about Obama's birth certificate was a non-issue, and those of you who tried to shift the focus of the stories, doesn't this strike you as just a little odd?
"That the first order of business Obama took care of on day one of his Presidency was to sign off on an Executive Order that states that only the records he chooses to be made public will be released? This is the subject that was at the absolute top of his agenda? If this isn't proof that Obama is hiding something, I don't know what is."

And Now, the Facts

In fact, Obama's first executive order had exactly the opposite goal. Its aim was to shed more light on presidential records - yes, including Obama's - after eight years of secrecy imposed by former President George W. Bush.
Did you read the section in red?

I have read the entire Executive Order. Nowhere in the EO does it apply to any personal records prior to the President's term- doesn't apply to Obama's college records at all.

Did you read the article I cited?

I read what you wrote. Presidential Records includes personal records. Why would you assume it does not?

Does this entire topic seem odd that it was addressed on his first full day in office? Wouldn't you think he would getting briefed on matters that were important on the domestic and foreign fronts or seeing Congressional people? Doesn't this seem like a minor housekeeping issue that could be taken care of at any time the first month?

If you are going to talk about Walker's college records it's only fair that we compare the two..Obama's and Walker's. But we both know that is not possible. The first order of business on the day Obama took office was to write an Executive Order to assure that no on would ever see his college or school applications and records. Now why was that?

Lets break this down
  • The first order of business on the day Obama took office was to write an Executive Order to assure that no on would ever see his college or school applications and records. Now why was that?
Why? Because that is just a lie. Someone lied to you. The question you should ask is- why would someone tell you that lie?

Obama's first executive order merely rescinded an earlier executive order severely limitingpublic access to presidential records after they left office.

That now-rescinded executive order, 13233, was signed by then-President George W. Bush on Nov. 1, 2001. It allowed former presidents and even family members to declare executive privilege and block public access to White House records for virtually any reason.

Bush's measure was criticized heavily and challenged in court. The Society of American Archivists called Bush's executive order a "complete abnegation of the original 1978 Presidential Records Act." The Presidential Records Act mandates the preservation of presidential records and makes them available to the public.

Yes its not possible- since neither Walker or Obama have ever shown their college records.

And it wasn't possible in the last election- since neither Romney or Obama released their college records.

The Executive Order I was referring to was ONE of the first. It is 13489 signed on Jan. 21, 2009.

Presidential Records

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to establish policies and procedures governing the assertion of executive privilege by incumbent and former Presidents in connection with the release of Presidential records by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) pursuant to the Presidential Records Act of 1978, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1.Definitions. 

(a)
(b)
(c)
“Presidential Records Act” refers to the Presidential Records Act, 44 U.S.C. 2201-2207.
(d)
“NARA regulations” refers to the NARA regulations implementing the Presidential Records Act, 36 C.F.R. Part 1270.
(e)
“Presidential records” refers to those documentary materials maintained by NARA pursuant to the Presidential Records Act, including Vice Presidential records.
(f)
“Former President” refers to the former President during whose term or terms of office particular Presidential records were created.
(g)
A “substantial question of executive privilege” exists if NARA's disclosure of Presidential records might impair national security (including the conduct of foreign relations), law enforcement, or the deliberative processes of the executive branch.
(h)

It revoked EO 13233.

Hmmm- yes- exactly as I said- and exactly as the article I cited said- and none of that has anything to do with President Obama's college records- nothing at all- you were lied to.

Barack Obama signed Executive Order 13489 on Jan. 21, 2009, one day after being sworn in as the 44th president of the United States.

So, what does it say?

To hear the conspiracy theorists describe it, Obama's first executive order officially closed off Obama's personal records to the public. You know, his birth certificate and all that.

"Obama's First Executive Order was to SEAL his records," one popular Internet claim goes. "Now for all of you who commented on our previous articles that we were no more that right-wing nut jobs, that this thing about Obama's birth certificate was a non-issue, and those of you who tried to shift the focus of the stories, doesn't this strike you as just a little odd?
"That the first order of business Obama took care of on day one of his Presidency was to sign off on an Executive Order that states that only the records he chooses to be made public will be released? This is the subject that was at the absolute top of his agenda? If this isn't proof that Obama is hiding something, I don't know what is."

And Now, the Facts

In fact, Obama's first executive order had exactly the opposite goal. Its aim was to shed more light on presidential records - yes, including Obama's - after eight years of secrecy imposed by former President George W. Bush.

Here is the link to the entire EO- feel free to read it.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2009-01-26/pdf/E9-1712.pdf

Oh, thank you!

Lets break this down

Presidential Records

Section 1.Definitions. 

(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)
(e)
(f)
(g)
(h)

It revoked EO 13233.

So, what does it say?

And Now, the Facts

Here is the link to the entire EO- feel free to read it.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2009-01-26/pdf/E9-1712.pdf
Yes, I perused it as it was the link I used in my post to you.

Lets break this down

Presidential Records

Section 1.Definitions. 

(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)
(e)
(f)
(g)
(h)

It revoked EO 13233.

So, what does it say?

And Now, the Facts

I have read the entire Executive Order. Nowhere in the EO does it apply to any personal records prior to the President's term- doesn't apply to Obama's college records at all.

I read what you wrote. Presidential Records includes personal records. Why would you assume it does not?

Does this entire topic seem odd that it was addressed on his first full day in office? Wouldn't you think he would getting briefed on matters that were important on the domestic and foreign fronts or seeing Congressional people? Doesn't this seem like a minor housekeeping issue that could be taken care of at any time the first month?

No- Presidential records do not include personal records.- as the EO notes- this EO refers to the Presidential Records Act- and defines those legally:

(c) ‘‘Presidential Records Act’’ refers to the Presidential Records Act, 44 U.S.C. 2201–2207.
(d) ‘‘NARA regulations’’ refers to the NARA regulations implementing the Presidential Records Act, 36 C.F.R. Part 1270.
(e) ‘‘Presidential records’’ refers to those documentary materials maintained by NARA pursuant to the Presidential Records Act, including Vice Presidential records.

Presidential Records 44 U.S.C. Chapter 22

(2) The term "Presidential records" means documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, created or received by the President, the President’s immediate staff, or a unit or individual of the Executive Office of the President whose function is to advise or assist the President, in the course of conducting activities which relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term--

(A) includes any documentary materials relating to the political activities of the President or members of the President’s staff, but only if such activities relate to or have a direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; but

(B) does not include any documentary materials that are (i) official records of an agency (as defined in section 552(e) of title 5, United States Code; (ii) personal records; (iii) stocks of publications and stationery; or (iv) extra copies of documents produced only for convenience of reference, when such copies are clearly so identified.

(3) The term "personal records" means all documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, of a purely private or nonpublic character which do not relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term includes--

(A) diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business;

(B) materials relating to private political associations, and having no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; and

(C) materials relating exclusively to the President’s own election to the office of the Presidency; and materials directly relating to the election of a particular individual or individuals to Federal, State, or local office, which have no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President.

(4) The term "Archivist" means the Archivist of the United States.

(5) The term "former President", when used with respect to Presidential records, means the former President during whose term or terms of office such Presidential records were created.

The truth is out there.

The question you should be asking is why people lied to you about this EO

Presidential Records

Section 1.Definitions. 

(a)
(b)
(c)
(d)
(e)
(f)
(g)
(h)

It revoked EO 13233.

So, what does it say?

And Now, the Facts

No- Presidential records do not include personal records.- as the EO notes- this EO refers to the Presidential Records Act- and defines those legally:

(c) ‘‘Presidential Records Act’’ refers to the Presidential Records Act, 44 U.S.C. 2201–2207.
(d) ‘‘NARA regulations’’ refers to the NARA regulations implementing the Presidential Records Act, 36 C.F.R. Part 1270.
(e) ‘‘Presidential records’’ refers to those documentary materials maintained by NARA pursuant to the Presidential Records Act, including Vice Presidential records.

(2) The term "Presidential records" means documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, created or received by the President, the President’s immediate staff, or a unit or individual of the Executive Office of the President whose function is to advise or assist the President, in the course of conducting activities which relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term--

(A) includes any documentary materials relating to the political activities of the President or members of the President’s staff, but only if such activities relate to or have a direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; but

(B) does not include any documentary materials that are (i) official records of an agency (as defined in section 552(e) of title 5, United States Code; (ii) personal records; (iii) stocks of publications and stationery; or (iv) extra copies of documents produced only for convenience of reference, when such copies are clearly so identified.

(3) The term "personal records" means all documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, of a purely private or nonpublic character which do not relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term includes--

(A) diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business;

(B) materials relating to private political associations, and having no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; and

(C) materials relating exclusively to the President’s own election to the office of the Presidency; and materials directly relating to the election of a particular individual or individuals to Federal, State, or local office, which have no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President.

(5) The term "former President", when used with respect to Presidential records, means the former President during whose term or terms of office such Presidential records were created.

The truth is out there.

Thank you for your time and effort. I stand corrected. It did not include personal records.

Walker couldn't even get through college. He simply cannot compete with a man the caliber of the president and has no business even being considered as a presidential candidate.

Why is it the right always chooses inadequate, under qualified, unintelligent fools who usually end up on the fox entertainment network?

That is exactly what the people elected for President the last two times.

Libturds are scared to death of SW, they cant beat him.
He will beat himself. Mark my words. :laugh:

He's gonna get recalled, amiright?

this time fer shure!
He wont make it far enough to get recalled. He wont even get the nomination.

Sounds vaguely familiar
I know. They said that about Obama and look what happened twice. However, he is not Obama.

So, what does it say?

And Now, the Facts

The truth is out there.

Thank you for your time and effort. I stand corrected. It did not include personal records.

No problem- that is an old lie promoted by Obama haters, and I have dealt with it before- and they are certainly telling you that his EO was to hide his college records- the question I would ask you to consider- why were they lying to you?

Walker couldn't even get through college. He simply cannot compete with a man the caliber of the president and has no business even being considered as a presidential candidate.

Why is it the right always chooses inadequate, under qualified, unintelligent fools who usually end up on the fox entertainment network?
How do you know what Obama did in college? He has sealed everything about it. Also he lies about everything so you cannot go on anything he says.

this time fer shure!

Sounds vaguely familiar
I know. They said that about Obama and look what happened twice. However, he is not Obama.

No he is more qualified to be President has has a lot more experience, wisdom and would just be better......

this time fer shure!

Sounds vaguely familiar

How do you know what Obama did in college? He has sealed everything about it. Also he lies about everything so you cannot go on anything he says.

He said he was stoned on coke and I tend to believe him

this time fer shure!

Sounds vaguely familiar

No he is more qualified to be President has has a lot more experience, wisdom and would just be better......
Obama has way more experience than he does at being POTUS. This clown has no experience.

this time fer shure!

Sounds vaguely familiar

Obama has way more experience than he does at being POTUS. This clown has no experience.

Yeah....that makes sense...the only way to get experience to be President is to be President.........obama is a clown of the highest order.....just saw a piece at PJmedia that asks how obama got into harvard in the first place....since his academic record doesn't have any real high points to it........

Of course Walker is far more experienced than obama....he left college and got a real job, and actually did something with his life....while obama sued banks to make bad loans...and crashed the housing market.....yay him.......

First term senator that mostly voted present after gaining power through a corrupt racist church and community "organizing" vs a very successful governor that handed the libs their ass every time they tried to destroy him. We will pick which experience we prefer.

Sounds vaguely familiar

Yeah....that makes sense...the only way to get experience to be President is to be President.........obama is a clown of the highest order.....just saw a piece at PJmedia that asks how obama got into harvard in the first place....since his academic record doesn't have any real high points to it........

Of course Walker is far more experienced than obama....he left college and got a real job, and actually did something with his life....while obama sued banks to make bad loans...and crashed the housing market.....yay him.......
That was quite the deflection.
laugh.gif

Your clown is not qualified to give a dog a bath let alone run a country. Give me a break.

First term senator that mostly voted present after gaining power through a corrupt racist church and community "organizing" vs a very successful governor that handed the libs their ass every time they tried to destroy him. We will pick which experience we prefer.
We did pick which experience we preferred. Twice as a matter of fact. Dont you remember who the POTUS has been for the last 7 years?

How do you know what Obama did in college? He has sealed everything about it.

We know that Obama graduated from Columbia and Harvard Law because both schools have acknowledged that he has.

And speaking of lies- Obama has not 'sealed' any of his college records- they are 'sealed' by law- like everyone else's are.

Forum List

Back