Democratic Illinois State Senator Kimberly Lightford says she's glad her husband had a concealed carry permit when they were carjacked

Not cool, man. Not cool. Wishing harm on someone because you don't agree with them is leftist bullshit.
I will not apologize for people who have been responsible for the last 2 yrs of this bullshit. Then have the nerve to carry a gun when most can't....Give me a fucking break

These fuckers want you dead don't you fucking getting yet

They'd slit your throat for any gain and destroy you for disagreeing

You'll understand in 2022 when we see shit we could never believe

I'll talk to you then

Just show up in your local Police district and get fingerprinted for a CCP? Not unless you are a democrat politician I think.

Nope.....16 hours of required training.....I have a friend works 50-60 hours a week with family committments, and can't take that 16 hours off to go to the classes....

The training requirement and fees are meant to limit access......classes aren't free, and neither is the fingerprinting...

I will not apologize for people who have been responsible for the last 2 yrs of this bullshit. Then have the nerve to carry a gun when most can't....Give me a fucking break

These fuckers want you dead don't you fucking getting yet

They'd slit your throat for any gain and destroy you for disagreeing

You'll understand in 2022 when we see shit we could never believe

I'll talk to you then
Okay.

Nope.....16 hours of required training.....I have a friend works 50-60 hours a week with family committments, and can't take that 16 hours off to go to the classes....

The training requirement and fees are meant to limit access......classes aren't free, and neither is the fingerprinting...
Wow. Here the class is a one-day deal, not counting going to the DMV to have the ID Done and of course the background check. The class was at a local indoor shooting. I don't remember the costs, but it wasn't much. It consisted of morning briefings on weapons safety, and laws. It included video of shoot/don't shoot, along with classroom discussion and Q & A. After lunch break, was the written standardized test and grading by the instructor(s), then the live fire range qualification, also under the instructor(s). At the end you got a signed certificate that you had to take at DMV, (although it showed up online in a couple of days) (along with birth certificate and other ID, when applying for the weapons carry card. When everything was in order, you received the card in the mail.

As bad as that sounds, I agree with you. Not to say, criminals are not important to the Republican Party, but they cater (and I do mean cater, and even include at the highest levels) a different group of criminals, fewer in numbers, but often more influential at highest level. Which is more dangerous is hard to say. Depends on what you are talking about in terms of financial crime, tax crimes, crooked politicians taking advantage of the system, while making sure white collar crime is barely punished.

Trog, you are absolutely correct. Criminals are important to the voting base of that party, and very base in their methods. They like low level day to day street crime and lawlessness as a business model. They support politicians that would reign in law enforcement in any way possible, and judges that would be as liberal and light on criminals as possible, and weaken laws where possible, as it is good for business. Getting caught, shot, jailed, tried, and imprisoned long term is bad for business and morale. The numbers of street criminals far outnumber high level white collar criminals, and I do believe they vote to help their business model in greater numbers.

Just my opinion, just as it is my opinion that militia groups, racist organizations, and anarchist groups that would do away with constitutional guarantees, such as democratic, representative election (or at least abiding by them) support the Republicans. Still, I think as far as voting goes, street criminals, ex-cons, thugs, and drug dealers, have them outnumbered.

OK. I will take the abuse, now, if it comes.

My opinion is that almost all crime is caused by injustice, deliberate poverty, lack of opportunities like jobs, housing, health care, etc.
Crime is often warranted and deserved, against people who deliberately abuse an unfair system.

Wow. Here the class is a one-day deal, not counting going to the DMV to have the ID Done and of course the background check. The class was at a local indoor shooting. I don't remember the costs, but it wasn't much. It consisted of morning briefings on weapons safety, and laws. It included video of shoot/don't shoot, along with classroom discussion and Q & A. After lunch break, was the written standardized test and grading by the instructor(s), then the live fire range qualification, also under the instructor(s). At the end you got a signed certificate that you had to take at DMV, (although it showed up online in a couple of days) (along with birth certificate and other ID, when applying for the weapons carry card. When everything was in order, you received the card in the mail.

Almost every state has free classes, but if you want to make it fit your schedule, you can go to any licensed instructor and they will teach you in about 15 minutes all you need to know and get you marked as passed on the test, if you want to pay more.
The cost for the final paperwork usually is only about $50, and less than $100 even in the expensive states.

Almost every state has free classes, but if you want to make it fit your schedule, you can go to any licensed instructor and they will teach you in about 15 minutes all you need to know and get you marked as passed on the test, if you want to pay more.
The cost for the final paperwork usually is only about $50, and less than $100 even in the expensive states.
No free classes here. I assume the range and the instructor made money on the deal. If memory serves (as it has been several years) I don't think paperwork and fee for national agency check was over $50 Bucks. In my case, before I could do it in the state of Tennessee, I had to get the State of Kentucky, to send a certified birth certificate on the new official computerized form, as TN would not accept the same birth certificate from Kentucky I was born with, though it included state seal of Kentucky along with footprint. The old one was what got me in military, stayed on file, valid for all security background and clearances during my career. The new one cost me $35.00. I thought that was kind of chintzy of TN, since everybody in the Federal Government had accepted it before.

Forum List

Back