Democratic Illinois State Senator Kimberly Lightford says she's glad her husband had a concealed carry permit when they were carjacked

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
It's nice to see en elected Democratic official speaking out in favor of guns for self defense.

December 23, 2021

BROADVIEW, Ill. (WLS) -- Illinois State Senator Kimberly Lightford is recounting the harrowing details of being carjacked in west suburban Broadview this week with her husband, Erin McKennie.

Lightford had a gun pointed at her and feared she was going to die.

"After we got the guns off of us my husband told me to run," Lightford recounted.

As she ran, gunfire erupted, her husband exchanging shots with the carjackers.

"I thought for sure they were gonna shoot me down," Lightford said. "It was a lot of shots being fired. I think they were shooting at my husband and me and luckily enough my husband is concealed and carry and he was able to protect us."

Sure, he was able to get a permit because his wife is in Congress. Regular Americans in Illinois not so much.

Any chance of a non political elitist getting a concealed permit in Illinois?
It's expensive and a pain in the ass, but it's possible.

The Year of the Gun – Record Number of Carry Permits in 2020

The report uses the “shall issue” state of Illinois as a point of reference because until 2013, Illinois did not issue concealed carry permits. The current permitting process is still expensive and cumbersome, but 4.35% of the state’s adult population now has permits.

It's nice to see en elected Democratic official speaking out in favor of guns for self defense.

December 23, 2021

BROADVIEW, Ill. (WLS) -- Illinois State Senator Kimberly Lightford is recounting the harrowing details of being carjacked in west suburban Broadview this week with her husband, Erin McKennie.

Lightford had a gun pointed at her and feared she was going to die.

"After we got the guns off of us my husband told me to run," Lightford recounted.

As she ran, gunfire erupted, her husband exchanging shots with the carjackers.

"I thought for sure they were gonna shoot me down," Lightford said. "It was a lot of shots being fired. I think they were shooting at my husband and me and luckily enough my husband is concealed and carry and he was able to protect us."
That was so hilarious that happened to them. Just wish it would have turned out real real bad for them

Not cool, man. Not cool. Wishing harm on someone because you don't agree with them is leftist bullshit.
How many people has this bitch harmed with her policies

Again. I wish it would have turned horrific. I would bail those people out in a heart beat

I only wish severe heartache on these people

How many people has this bitch harmed with her policies

Again. I wish it would have turned horrific. I would bail those people out in a heart beat

I only wish severe heartache on these people
So, only right wingers can defend themselves?

Criminals are an important part of the Democrat Party's voter base.
As bad as that sounds, I agree with you. Not to say, criminals are not important to the Republican Party, but they cater (and I do mean cater, and even include at the highest levels) a different group of criminals, fewer in numbers, but often more influential at highest level. Which is more dangerous is hard to say. Depends on what you are talking about in terms of financial crime, tax crimes, crooked politicians taking advantage of the system, while making sure white collar crime is barely punished.

Trog, you are absolutely correct. Criminals are important to the voting base of that party, and very base in their methods. They like low level day to day street crime and lawlessness as a business model. They support politicians that would reign in law enforcement in any way possible, and judges that would be as liberal and light on criminals as possible, and weaken laws where possible, as it is good for business. Getting caught, shot, jailed, tried, and imprisoned long term is bad for business and morale. The numbers of street criminals far outnumber high level white collar criminals, and I do believe they vote to help their business model in greater numbers.

Just my opinion, just as it is my opinion that militia groups, racist organizations, and anarchist groups that would do away with constitutional guarantees, such as democratic, representative election (or at least abiding by them) support the Republicans. Still, I think as far as voting goes, street criminals, ex-cons, thugs, and drug dealers, have them outnumbered.

OK. I will take the abuse, now, if it comes.

Forum List

Back