Democratic Debate Missing Two Participants

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
The first was President Obama, whose record presented a conundrum for those on the stage. Each of them had to present a "new" vision while tiptoeing around his now "old" vision for America. This resulted in a monotonous chant of we "can do better" without any substance, let alone specifics.

The second was Donald Trump, who provided them with a handy boogie man to divert attention away from their continuing support of Obama's ineffectual policies. Whether they will be able to convince the public that anti-Muslim discrimination is a greater threat than Islamic terrorism remains to be seen.

As to the candidates themselves, O'Malley's tenure as Mayor of Baltimore will remain an albatross around his neck that he may never be able to shed. Sanders provides the most contrast, but his vague answers as to how he would fund his multi-trillion dollar programs limit his ability to be considered a serious candidate.

Hillary secured her position as the presumptive nominee with deft responses to some hard-hitting questions. While the other "candidates" generally treated her with deference, Moderator Martha Raddatz pressed her on several issues which she successfully sidestepped. If the public's amnesia about past performance and indifference to corruption holds up, she will be our next President.

The first was President Obama, whose record presented a conundrum for those on the stage. Each of them had to present a "new" vision while tiptoeing around his now "old" vision for America. This resulted in a monotonous chant of we "can do better" without any substance, let alone specifics.

The second was Donald Trump, who provided them with a handy boogie man to divert attention away from their continuing support of Obama's ineffectual policies. Whether they will be able to convince the public that anti-Muslim discrimination is a greater threat than Islamic terrorism remains to be seen.

As to the candidates themselves, O'Malley's tenure as Mayor of Baltimore will remain an albatross around his neck that he may never be able to shed. Sanders provides the most contrast, but his vague answers as to how he would fund his multi-trillion dollar programs limit his ability to be considered a serious candidate.

Hillary secured her position as the presumptive nominee with deft responses to some hard-hitting questions. While the other "candidates" generally treated her with deference, Moderator Martha Raddatz pressed her on several issues which she successfully sidestepped. If the public's amnesia about past performance and indifference to corruption holds up, she will be our next President.

I don't see Hillary as a sure thing at all. This morning, Bernie and one of Hillary's talking heads appeared on CBS. Most all the conversation centered on Donald Trump. I would say Donald Trump appears to be the number one contender and on the minds of everyone from the Democrat Party to the Republican Party and even to the news media. I would also offer that many Democrats - notice I did not say "Liberals" continue to distrust Hillary. I predict Donald Trump to win by a sizeable majority.

Forum List

Back