Democrat Support For Terrorism Remembered

Really? When? Provide links please.

Do your own homework, I am not looking up an article that I read 8-10 years ago. It was in the Sunday Times, perhaps in the magazine. The article was on how Bush let OBL get away when they had him trapped in the caves in the mountains. This guy was the main CIA guy there.

Good lord, are the righties just playing stupid today or what? A simple google search of Tora Bora Bin Ladin will bring 74,800 links. How can people make comments about terrorism and have know knowledge of the simplist basic facts like the cruise missil attatcks by on al Qaeda in 1998 and the horrible mishandling of Tora Bora by the Bush administation?

Bush was not in office in 98. who was???

It was Republicans who let Bin Laden go. Ignored 9/11 warnings. Invited al Qaeda into Iraq. Made a new friend for Iran. Turned Iraq into a hard core right wing Islamic Theocracy by Constitution. Began the Arab Spring that turned into Middle East Bloodshed. It was Republicans who did nothing when Iraqi Christians were being crucified and chased from their homeland.
Republicans couldn't have caused more damage even if they were working together with al Qaeda from the start.

and dead wrong. Bubba was the only one who had a chance to kill BL. and he took pass. why???

he did fire a missile into afghan and killed a camel to take our attention away from the Lewinsky scandal. went over like a trurd in a swimmin' pool

Clinton had no legal authority to go after Bin Ladin. Specific US law passed by Congress does not allow the President to kidnap or kill a foriegn enemy without certification from the CIA or the FBI. Neither would certify that Bin Ladin was in fact of law behind terrorist attacks against the US. It wasn't until the attacks on the Embassy's in Africa that Clinton recieved the legal authority to take action. Not because the CIA or FBI certified his involvement, but because Bin Ladin admitted his involvement. It took Clinton only days to laucnh the attack after obtaining legal authority to do so. It took nothing away from the blow job obsession the Republicans had in Congress. Republican critic's called for investigations and made frivolous claims of the military failure to kill the terrorist named Bin Ladin and the threat that investigations would leak secrets caused further efforts to get Bin Ladin to be put on hold.

It was Republicans who let Bin Laden go. Ignored 9/11 warnings. Invited al Qaeda into Iraq. Made a new friend for Iran. Turned Iraq into a hard core right wing Islamic Theocracy by Constitution. Began the Arab Spring that turned into Middle East Bloodshed. It was Republicans who did nothing when Iraqi Christians were being crucified and chased from their homeland.
Republicans couldn't have caused more damage even if they were working together with al Qaeda from the start.

and dead wrong. Bubba was the only one who had a chance to kill BL. and he took pass. why???

he did fire a missile into afghan and killed a camel to take our attention away from the Lewinsky scandal. went over like a trurd in a swimmin' pool

Clinton had no legal authority to go after Bin Ladin. Specific US law passed by Congress does not allow the President to kidnap or kill a foriegn enemy without certification from the CIA or the FBI. Neither would certify that Bin Ladin was in fact of law behind terrorist attacks against the US. It wasn't until the attacks on the Embassy's in Africa that Clinton recieved the legal authority to take action. Not because the CIA or FBI certified his involvement, but because Bin Ladin admitted his involvement. It took Clinton only days to laucnh the attack after obtaining legal authority to do so. It took nothing away from the blow job obsession the Republicans had in Congress. Republican critic's called for investigations and made frivolous claims of the military failure to kill the terrorist named Bin Ladin and the threat that investigations would leak secrets caused further efforts to get Bin Ladin to be put on hold.

under the radar

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDut6WvWswE]Sandy Berger Says Osama Bin Laden Is Low-Tech - YouTube[/ame]

burglar told Clinton leave BL be. to much danger of an attack on America. and the 93 attack was a warning ignored. Clinton's national security was asleep at the wheel. they were all in competetion with each other and no exchange of info. not unlike Obama's today.

wag the dog

Really? When? Provide links please.

Do your own homework, I am not looking up an article that I read 8-10 years ago. It was in the Sunday Times, perhaps in the magazine. The article was on how Bush let OBL get away when they had him trapped in the caves in the mountains. This guy was the main CIA guy there.

do your homework. dead wrong

Not according to the main CIA guy who was there. Unless he lied to the Sunday Times.

do your homework. dead wrong

Not according to the main CIA guy who was there. Unless he lied to the Sunday Times.

he lied. Bush had no idea where BL was

Rickey Ray Rector....famous for leaving the desert from his last meal as he was being taken to be executed....saying 'I'll have it when I get back...."

"Rector’s appeal for clemency took place during Clinton’s presidential campaign—specifically during the New Hampshire primary. Clinton presumably wanted to present himself as someone who was firm on crime and capital punishment in order to garner more votes. Rector’s execution, therefore, became quite important to the candidate, though the eleven-year controversy over Rector’s case had already guaranteed that Clinton’s decision would be highly public. In keeping with this strong stance on capital punishment, Clinton not only denied Rector’s appeal for clemency but flew home to Arkansas in order to oversee the execution personally."
Rickey Ray Rector (Execution of) - Encyclopedia of Arkansas

Executing Rickey Ray was essential for Clinton....

bin Laden....not so much.

Did you bother to read your link? There was no dispute that Rector brutally murdered two people. The dispute was the guy, after shooting himself in the head, was possibly not competent to stand trial. That's his own fucking fault.
9/11 happened after Bill Clinton left office. Bush and the Republicans were warned. Their arrogant ignorance kept them from doing anything. That's the right wing, arrogant ignorance.

Why I can't understand is why you want to defend a murderer. Course, you probably see child killer George Zimmerman as a "hero".

1. "Did you bother to read your link?"
Of course, and I'm fully familiar with the case.
Did you bother to engage your cerebrum?

I made no excuse for the death penalty, or that Rector didn't deserve same.

The point you seem determined to miss is that at the very least, bin Laden deserved the same attention from the rapist, Clinton.

"[Clinton] administration having passed on numerous opportunities to kill or capture the al Qaeda leader before 9/11."
60 Minutes Details Clinton Passing on Opportunity to Kill Bin Laden in 1999 | NewsBusters

2. "Bush and the Republicans were warned."

Provide that warning, dunce.

3. "Why I can't understand is why you want to defend a murderer."

Show where I did that.

4. "Course, you probably see child killer George Zimmerman as a "hero""

What is clear is that you see the rapist as your hero.

I'd like to leave you with one thought, but I'm not sure you have anywhere to put it.

Rapist?

Whatever else is said and sifted, it's Republicans who let Bin Laden go, advised against going after him and Democrats who had Bin Laden taken out.

That's the literal truth.

Whatever else is said and sifted, it's Republicans who let Bin Laden go, advised against going after him and Democrats who had Bin Laden taken out.

You mean after the Democrat in charge let Bin Laden go and after the Clinton Administration ignored warnings that the Somali warlords were being supported by the same group that bombed the WTC earlier that year.

"It is true that al Qaeda was emboldened by 1993 – it was their first successful attack on us and we were unaware of bin Laden's involvement until later," former Sen. Bob Kerrey, who served on the 9/11 Commission, told ABC News on Thursday.

link

Sen. Kerrey says they were unaware, but that's because they didn't listen when we told them.

Last edited:

You mean after the Democrat in charge let Bin Laden go and after the Clinton Administration ignored warnings that the Somali warlords were being supported by the same group that bombed the WTC earlier that year.

"It is true that al Qaeda was emboldened by 1993 – it was their first successful attack on us and we were unaware of bin Laden's involvement until later," former Sen. Bob Kerrey, who served on the 9/11 Commission, told ABC News on Thursday.

link

Sen. Kerrey says they were unaware, but that's because they didn't listen when we told them.

Hello, knock knock. 9/11 happened AFTER Clinton. In fact, right after Clinton warned Bush.

link

Hello, knock knock. 9/11 happened AFTER Clinton. In fact, right after Clinton warned Bush.

Holy shit you do believe anything

tapatalk post

link

Who mentioned 9/11? You are really thick. Clinton ignored the intelligence that pointed out Al Qaeda involvement in Somalia.

link

Who mentioned 9/11? You are really thick. Clinton ignored the intelligence that pointed out Al Qaeda involvement in Somalia.

Somalia? Is that in Florida?

link

Holy shit you do believe anything

tapatalk post

I believed Rice. Didn't you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back