Democrat Rep on CNN: We don't want Small Businesses

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism.
From your article...

“I love small businesses. I’m all for it. But I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

And for the people producing less than $15/hour?
I suppose the Rep feels like the minimum amount an hour of an employees time is worth is $15. If the business can’t utilize that time to be worth $15 then they should make changes. Some reason why we don’t pay people $1 an hour.
Wrong. The reason businesses don't pay $1/hr is the fact that the demand for labor is such that it can demand more than $7.50. It's charming that you believe a business can just "make changes" and increase their revenue by 50%. Only a Reich NAZI could utter such a moronic statement. If making these changes was so easy, then why haven't they already done it?
Why would revenues need to go up by 50%
How much do you imagine it would have to go up? Or do you believe that employers can just pay 80% more without an increase in revenue?

Funny how the "market" is supposed to determine wages but we don't allow for that where a business failing comes into play.

Depends on the reason for the business failing.

Of course.........never mind those programs designed to boost the markets are why people have fallen behind and the minimum wage has become an issue.

Of course.........never mind those programs designed to boost the markets are why people have fallen behind

Which programs led to which people falling behind? Can you be more specific?

Funny how the "market" is supposed to determine wages but we don't allow for that where a business failing comes into play.

Of course.........never mind those programs designed to boost the markets are why people have fallen behind and the minimum wage has become an issue.

Of course.........never mind those programs designed to boost the markets are why people have fallen behind

We have discussed this over and over and over.

What is wrong with not wanting businesses that pay low wages? The state has one of the highest cost factors to exist there. The state is number one in the nation with GDP.

Low wages aren't really low. We want small businesses as that is how new big businesses get started. WTF is wrong with Democrats?

I think you are reading into what Mr Khanna said. But that is unsurprising.
Not to sorry, Uncle Joe won't get his $15 an hour.
Most likely split the difference at 11 or so.
Think it's about time after 12 years when if it had kept up with inflation, the MW would be $24?
Yep, me too.
And don't worry too much about the small business owner.
Unless of course you believe their restaurant is still charging $2.50 for a double cheeseburger :rolleyes-41:

What is wrong with not wanting businesses that pay low wages? The state has one of the highest cost factors to exist there. The state is number one in the nation with GDP.

Low wages aren't really low. We want small businesses as that is how new big businesses get started. WTF is wrong with Democrats?
Why are right wingers complaining about a fifteen dollar minimum wage if wages are not that low?

Why are right wingers complaining about a fifteen dollar minimum wage if wages are not that low?

It's the I-word. This is what is wrong with Dems. They can't figure anything out, but still continue to whine and beotch.

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

What is wrong with not wanting businesses that pay low wages?

Many people lack the skills and experience to get any but a low wage job.
Are they to be trapped on welfare their entire life?

The state is number one in the nation with GDP.

Number one in population.

Also, small businesses frequently run on a razor-thin profit margin, assuming they're actually in the black that month at all.

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more.

This is a fairly standard mindset among the Bernie Bros.

Small businesses are more difficult to control.
They want every business controlled directly by Big Government.
Communism 101.

Plus, small businesses don't contribute big bucks to them the way big corporations do.

From your article...

“I love small businesses. I’m all for it. But I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

I think it's very reasonable for people like Ro Khanna, who aren't actually running the business and putting out the effort and the capital, to shut their cakeholes.

No, stupidity is an ideology that always gets precisely the reality it deserves.

In which state does making $15,000 a year keep a person above the poverty line?

Who said it needs to do that?
Less than 2% of workers make minimum wage and about half of them are 25 and under.
Why should businesses pay full time employees wages that keeps them above the poverty line?! How about so the tax payers don’t need to pay full time workers welfare to keep them afloat despite the fact they are fully employed. That may be a point you agree with

What is wrong with not wanting businesses that pay low wages?

Many people lack the skills and experience to get any but a low wage job.
Are they to be trapped on welfare their entire life?

The state is number one in the nation with GDP.

Number one in population.
It is not always about skills but location, lower wages are ok in places where the cost of living is lower yet California is not that place.

Ah, you might be on to something. This is exactly why there should not be a $15 national min. wage. Different states have different economies and costs of living. Maybe you need to call your lunatic Democrats congressmen and give them a heads up. They don’t see to understand.
That’s a great point. So a full time job paying the current min wage of $7.25 comes to $15,000 a year. In which state does making $15,000 a year keep a person above the poverty line?

Where in the constitution does it say the government shall keep its citizens above the poverty line? Asking for a friend.
The constitution doesn’t say that. My friend wanted me to ask you where the constitution says that the government can not institute a minimum wage? The constitution defines the limitations of government does it not?

Haha. Whatever you say buddy. One can love and support small businesses and also support their employees being able to make a wage that keeps them out of poverty.

Well, it's largely an impasse. If you demand nothing below $15 an hr, then you're massively stretching or ending much to most of small businesses.

If a politician gives a policy demand combined with a platitude... just focus on the policy. They're BS is often an attempt to counteract the obvious negative results of their policy.

Basically, this guy either isn't intelligent and 100% ideological on the subject... or being manipulative. Take your pick.
You think $15 an hour ends much to most small businesses?! Can you give some examples? You know many states have already instituted a higher min wage than $7.25 right?

From your article...

I suppose the Rep feels like the minimum amount an hour of an employees time is worth is $15. If the business can’t utilize that time to be worth $15 then they should make changes. Some reason why we don’t pay people $1 an hour.
Wrong. The reason businesses don't pay $1/hr is the fact that the demand for labor is such that it can demand more than $7.50. It's charming that you believe a business can just "make changes" and increase their revenue by 50%. Only a Reich NAZI could utter such a moronic statement. If making these changes was so easy, then why haven't they already done it?
The thing that most people fail to realize is that with full employment, labor becomes a commodity and can demand whatever wage the market will bear. However, the democrats would rather see high unemployment with a high minimum wage so that they can keep more people on the dole and under their thumbs.
How did the unemployment rate respond during and after 8 years of Obama?
Anemically
Really?! Can you show a chart that shows Obama vs Trump? Would you call Trumps progress Anemic as well?

I suppose the Rep feels like the minimum amount an hour of an employees time is worth is $15.

Yes, I understood his ignorant feelings.

Some reason why we don’t pay people $1 an hour.

Because no one would accept a $1 an hour job.
How do you know somebody wouldnt accept a $1 an hour job? The whole point of a min wage is that people were being under paid and taken advantage of by business owners. The low wage workers had no power. They aren’t in a position to be picky. Desperate times desperate measures

How do you know somebody wouldnt accept a $1 an hour job?

Well, you can try to staff your firm at that rate,but with fast food jobs going unfilled at $10 and up....

The whole point of a min wage is that people were being under paid and taken advantage of by business owners.

Baloney.

The low wage workers had no power.

How much power do unskilled, inexperienced workers ever have?

Desperate times desperate measures

Will times be less desperate for them when they are priced out of the job market?

Minimum wage workers have been left behind for a long time.
View attachment 460389

Minimum wage workers have been left behind for a long time.

There aren't very many of them.

And how left behind are unemployed people who've been priced out of the job market?

From your article...

How much do you imagine it would have to go up? Or do you believe that employers can just pay 80% more without an increase in revenue?
How much does what have to go up? You have a poss poor understanding of business. You sure you want to dig into this subject? It’s not going to turn out well for you

From your article...

How much does what have to go up? You have a poss poor understanding of business. You sure you want to dig into this subject? It’s not going to turn out well for you
Revenue, moron. Apparently you can't answer the question.

We have discussed this over and over and over.

I understand why you won't answer.

Forum List

Back