Democrat Rep on CNN: We don't want Small Businesses

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism.
From your article...

“I love small businesses. I’m all for it. But I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

The reasoning of a POS commie that more than likely never signed the front side of a paycheck in his life.

“Likely” was that a qualifier showing that you actually have no clue what this guys background is?! What a lazy ass argument

Of course I do, academics, community organizing, worked for a couple of law firms and sucking off the government tit. No business experience. He's a typical commie that thinks he knows what's best for the whole country. You commies need to get a fucking clue, labor is a commodity and the market decides what it's worth. This kind of BS winds up hurting the people they're pretending to help. $15.00 happy meal, anyone?

Haha. I guess you know best right?!

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

From your article...

“I love small businesses. I’m all for it. But I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

The reasoning of a POS commie that more than likely never signed the front side of a paycheck in his life.

“Likely” was that a qualifier showing that you actually have no clue what this guys background is?! What a lazy ass argument

Of course I do, academics, community organizing, worked for a couple of law firms and sucking off the government tit. No business experience. He's a typical commie that thinks he knows what's best for the whole country. You commies need to get a fucking clue, labor is a commodity and the market decides what it's worth. This kind of BS winds up hurting the people they're pretending to help. $15.00 happy meal, anyone?

Funny how the "market" is supposed to determine wages but we don't allow for that where a business failing comes into play. When that is the question it's then the governments place to step in and provide trillions to keep it afloat.

What is wrong with not wanting businesses that pay low wages? The state has one of the highest cost factors to exist there. The state is number one in the nation with GDP.

Care to pontificate why it's so expensive to exist there?

What is wrong with not wanting businesses that pay low wages? The state has one of the highest cost factors to exist there. The state is number one in the nation with GDP.
youre right,, its better to have low skilled workers unemployed and living in their moms basement,,,

what were we thinking??

Well.we.certainly dont want them learning a skill to earn higher wages. That's kooky talk.

What is wrong with not wanting businesses that pay low wages?

Many people lack the skills and experience to get any but a low wage job.
Are they to be trapped on welfare their entire life?

The state is number one in the nation with GDP.

Number one in population.
It is not always about skills but location, lower wages are ok in places where the cost of living is lower yet California is not that place.

Ah, you might be on to something. This is exactly why there should not be a $15 national min. wage. Different states have different economies and costs of living. Maybe you need to call your lunatic Democrats congressmen and give them a heads up. They don’t see to understand.

From your article...

so, basically, "i dont want small businesses if they disagree with my opinions"
Seems the OP was correct when he said "The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism"
well yeah... we in this country had an opinion that child sweat shops and slave labor were wrong and therefore not legal. So a business that doesn’t agree with those laws doesn’t get to legally operate. This isn’t rocket science

Flipping burgers and stocking shelves is slave labor? Who knew?

From your article...

Seems the OP was correct when he said "The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism"
well yeah... we in this country had an opinion that child sweat shops and slave labor were wrong and therefore not legal. So a business that doesn’t agree with those laws doesn’t get to legally operate. This isn’t rocket science

Yeah, I guess most of us have been slaves at some point in our lives. Who knew.

From your article...

Who called flipping burgers slave labor?!

It is not always about skills but location, lower wages are ok in places where the cost of living is lower yet California is not that place.

Ah, you might be on to something. This is exactly why there should not be a $15 national min. wage. Different states have different economies and costs of living. Maybe you need to call your lunatic Democrats congressmen and give them a heads up. They don’t see to understand.
That’s a great point. So a full time job paying the current min wage of $7.25 comes to $15,000 a year. In which state does making $15,000 a year keep a person above the poverty line?

Ya know what happens when you change a posters quoted words on this forum? Yea ya get an infraction .

But that's what the OP did here.

Here's the actual quote

“We don’t want low-wage businesses. I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

And what does the title say?

"democrat-rep-on-cnn-we-dont-want-small-businesses"

The OP is a liar
:

From your article...

You are equating child labor and shit to what businesses think their employees are worth? LOL
Just stamp FASCIST on your forehead. Maybe it will save you some dignity.
I’m not equating them as the same in severity/impact but I am using them as a point of comparison to rationalize regulations. Enough with the name calling and taking my comments out of context you sound like a child.
You are the one wanting papa gubmit to wipe your ass. But im the child :rolleyes:
Yes you’re the child read the crap you write. Have a little respect for yourself
Like learning how to wipe my own ass?
Your pathetic insults dont bother me, statist boy.
"i believe in responsibility, individuality and liberty!"
"stop sounding like a child!"
:lol:
I’m not a statist
Yet, you justify and support almost every big govt move those corrupt fucks come up with? Like now? Wanting the fed gov to control wages?

From your article...

You are equating child labor and shit to what businesses think their employees are worth? LOL
Just stamp FASCIST on your forehead. Maybe it will save you some dignity.
I’m not equating them as the same in severity/impact but I am using them as a point of comparison to rationalize regulations. Enough with the name calling and taking my comments out of context you sound like a child.
You are the one wanting papa gubmit to wipe your ass. But im the child :rolleyes:
Yes you’re the child read the crap you write. Have a little respect for yourself
Like learning how to wipe my own ass?
Your pathetic insults dont bother me, statist boy.
"i believe in responsibility, individuality and liberty!"
"stop sounding like a child!"
I’m not a statist
Yet, you justify and support almost every big govt move those corrupt fucks come up with? Like now? Wanting the fed gov to control wages?
I don’t want the fed government to control wages. I’m just asking questions about it

Setting a reasonable minimum wage is not controlling wages.

Does setting a speed limit "control" speed? Does it prevent a car from ever going over or under that limit?

No. It is no where near that "controlling". It sets a minimum. That is not "control". If anything it's "influence"

Setting a reasonable minimum wage is not controlling wages.

Does setting a speed limit "control" speed? Does it prevent a car from ever going over or under that limit?

No. It is no where near that "controlling". It sets a minimum. That is not "control". If anything it's "influence"
Thats exactly what it does.

That’s a great point. So a full time job paying the current min wage of $7.25 comes to $15,000 a year. In which state does making $15,000 a year keep a person above the poverty line?

Where in the constitution does it say the government shall keep its citizens above the poverty line? Asking for a friend.

Haha. Whatever you say buddy. One can love and support small businesses and also support their employees being able to make a wage that keeps them out of poverty.

Well, it's largely an impasse. If you demand nothing below $15 an hr, then you're massively stretching or ending much to most of small businesses.

If a politician gives a policy demand combined with a platitude... just focus on the policy. They're BS is often an attempt to counteract the obvious negative results of their policy.

Basically, this guy either isn't intelligent and 100% ideological on the subject... or being manipulative. Take your pick.

From your article...

It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

And for the people producing less than $15/hour?
I suppose the Rep feels like the minimum amount an hour of an employees time is worth is $15. If the business can’t utilize that time to be worth $15 then they should make changes. Some reason why we don’t pay people $1 an hour.
Wrong. The reason businesses don't pay $1/hr is the fact that the demand for labor is such that it can demand more than $7.50. It's charming that you believe a business can just "make changes" and increase their revenue by 50%. Only a Reich NAZI could utter such a moronic statement. If making these changes was so easy, then why haven't they already done it?
The thing that most people fail to realize is that with full employment, labor becomes a commodity and can demand whatever wage the market will bear. However, the democrats would rather see high unemployment with a high minimum wage so that they can keep more people on the dole and under their thumbs.
How did the unemployment rate respond during and after 8 years of Obama?
Anemically

Forum List

Back