Democrat Rep on CNN: We don't want Small Businesses

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism.
From your article...

“I love small businesses. I’m all for it. But I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

And for the people producing less than $15/hour?
I suppose the Rep feels like the minimum amount an hour of an employees time is worth is $15. If the business can’t utilize that time to be worth $15 then they should make changes. Some reason why we don’t pay people $1 an hour.

They're going to make changes. They're going to automate, reduce staff, or do away with low wage positions completely. Which is, of course, the actual purpose of the Democrats' $15 minimum wage charade - to drive low-wage workers out of employment and onto welfare where they can be more easily controlled.
The effects on business will happen in some cases you are right there... the purpose of what the Dems are trying to do as you paint it... well you are completely off bases there, that’s a right wing media taking point attack tactic. You sound like a drone when you repeat stuff like that. Do better

Just watch what the effect of this will be, and then notice your fellow Dems will do absolutely nothing about it when former low-wage workers start streaming onto welfare.

I suppose the Rep feels like the minimum amount an hour of an employees time is worth is $15.

Yes, I understood his ignorant feelings.

Some reason why we don’t pay people $1 an hour.

Because no one would accept a $1 an hour job.
How do you know somebody wouldnt accept a $1 an hour job? The whole point of a min wage is that people were being under paid and taken advantage of by business owners. The low wage workers had no power. They aren’t in a position to be picky. Desperate times desperate measures

How do you know somebody wouldnt accept a $1 an hour job?

Well, you can try to staff your firm at that rate,but with fast food jobs going unfilled at $10 and up....

The whole point of a min wage is that people were being under paid and taken advantage of by business owners.

Baloney.

The low wage workers had no power.

How much power do unskilled, inexperienced workers ever have?

Desperate times desperate measures

Will times be less desperate for them when they are priced out of the job market?

Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) told CNN in an interview on Sunday that he and presumably other Democrats “don’t want low-wage” small businesses as he advocated for increasing the minimum wage. “We don’t want low-wage businesses,” he said when asked if mom and pop shops should be forced to pay employees more. “I think most successful small businesses can pay a fair wage.”

No beating around the bush there. The Rich and big-time Corporations only. F these local businesses who don't succeed by economies of scale. No open market of ideas. If you can't pay what I think you should, you should be erased.

From your article...

“I love small businesses. I’m all for it. But I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”
so, basically, "i dont want small businesses if they disagree with my opinions"
Seems the OP was correct when he said "The latest daily example of Leftist totalitarianism"
well yeah... we in this country had an opinion that child sweat shops and slave labor were wrong and therefore not legal. So a business that doesn’t agree with those laws doesn’t get to legally operate. This isn’t rocket science
You are equating child labor and shit to what businesses think their employees are worth? LOL
Just stamp FASCIST on your forehead. Maybe it will save you some dignity.
I’m not equating them as the same in severity/impact but I am using them as a point of comparison to rationalize regulations. Enough with the name calling and taking my comments out of context you sound like a child.
You are the one wanting papa gubmit to wipe your ass. But im the child :rolleyes:
Yes you’re the child read the crap you write. Have a little respect for yourself
Like learning how to wipe my own ass?
Your pathetic insults dont bother me, statist boy.
"i believe in responsibility, individuality and liberty!"
"stop sounding like a child!"
:lol:

$15.00/hour doesn't add up to a hill of beans.
These bastards are out to turn us into another China.

I suppose the Rep feels like the minimum amount an hour of an employees time is worth is $15.

How do you know somebody wouldnt accept a $1 an hour job? The whole point of a min wage is that people were being under paid and taken advantage of by business owners. The low wage workers had no power. They aren’t in a position to be picky. Desperate times desperate measures
What can one purchase for $1.00/hour?

Well, you can try to staff your firm at that rate,but with fast food jobs going unfilled at $10 and up....

The whole point of a min wage is that people were being under paid and taken advantage of by business owners.

Baloney.

Will times be less desperate for them when they are priced out of the job market?

Minimum wage workers have been left behind for a long time.
1614017459606.png

Baloney.

View attachment 460389

There aren't very many of them.

From your article...

Well, it's pretty easy to cut through the BS if you want to...

Because he said this: "I don’t want small businesses that are underpaying employees. It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.” (or in other words, No businesses that pay under $15 an hour should exist)

.. then it's clear he doesn't mean this: “I love small businesses. I’m all for it."

Very easy to navigate.

From your article...

It’s fair for people to be making what they’re producing and I think $15 is very reasonable in this country.”

I suppose the Rep feels like the minimum amount an hour of an employees time is worth is $15. If the business can’t utilize that time to be worth $15 then they should make changes. Some reason why we don’t pay people $1 an hour.
Wrong. The reason businesses don't pay $1/hr is the fact that the demand for labor is such that it can demand more than $7.50. It's charming that you believe a business can just "make changes" and increase their revenue by 50%. Only a Reich NAZI could utter such a moronic statement. If making these changes was so easy, then why haven't they already done it?

Last edited:

Are right wingers claiming small business can only make it on the back of cheap labor?

And, small business keeps missing the point about a statutory minimum wage. All of their competition is subject to that same statutory wage increase. It will not happen, only to them, in a vacuum. And, even small businesses pass on costs to their consumers all the time. Why only the seeming, "hate on the poor" in regard to passing on costs to their consumers like the do for everything else they can get away with?

Are right wingers claiming small business can only make it on the back of cheap labor?
No.

You're free to define anything under $15 "cheap labor".. I won't do so. Making $11 an hour is a good wage for someone in an entry level position.

So, we can't have that discussion because I find your definitions flawed, and based on status quo so does the market. Because you won't just have to answer for the rise at the bottom, but then to the people who went to school and got a degree and are making $18 an hour. Will they get a raise? No. Do you think they'll be happy? LOL Suddenly the difference between spending years training and gaining experience in healthcare for the elderly, for example, will be only a few dollars more per hour as someone flipping burgers. Think that adds up?
And, small business keeps missing the point about a statutory minimum wage. All of their competition is subject to that same statutory wage increase. It will not happen, only to them, in a vacuum. And, even small businesses pass on costs to their consumers all the time. Why only the seeming, "hate on the poor" in regard to passing on costs to their consumers like the do for everything else they can get away with?

You don't seem to understand economies of scale. The whole idea of a small business is that they aren't a global industry that can survive by making 1 cent per transaction as big business does. That's how big business drowns out small business, by quantity over quality as far as transactions.

By upping the rate for everyone, you're knowingly F'ing small business. Not accidentally, knowingly.

From your article...

Wrong. The reason businesses don't pay $1/hr is the fact that the demand for labor is such that it can demand more than $7.50. It's charming that you believe a business can just "make changes" and increase their revenue by 50%. Only a Reich NAZI could utter such a moronic statement. If making these changes was so easy, then why haven't they already done it?
The thing that most people fail to realize is that with full employment, labor becomes a commodity and can demand whatever wage the market will bear. However, the democrats would rather see high unemployment with a high minimum wage so that they can keep more people on the dole and under their thumbs.

If a small business is struggling and can only pay the current minimum wage, the business is not viable.

Only the trump Nazis would have working Americans paid slave wages. It's understandable most trump Nazis don't earn $15/hour currently, and are resentful they would be relegated to the minimum wage workforce, but, a raise in the minimum wage would be a step up for them as well.

Who knows, perhaps their employers might bump them to $17/hour, if their business is successful.

Fill these jobs be with low paid illegals. That the capitalists way.

If a business cannot pay someone fifteen dollars an hour, than how successful was it.

Rhetorical question...

No.

You're free to define anything under $15 "cheap labor".. I won't do so. Making $11 an hour is a good wage for someone in an entry level position.

So, we can't have that discussion because I find your definitions flawed, and based on status quo so does the market. Because you won't just have to answer for the rise at the bottom, but then to the people who went to school and got a degree and are making $18 an hour. Will they get a raise? No. Do you think they'll be happy? LOL Suddenly the difference between spending years training and gaining experience in healthcare for the elderly, for example, will be only a few dollars more per hour as someone flipping burgers. Think that adds up?

You don't seem to understand economies of scale. The whole idea of a small business is that they aren't a global industry that can survive by making 1 cent per transaction as big business does. That's how big business drowns out small business, by quantity over quality as far as transactions.

By upping the rate for everyone, you're knowingly F'ing small business. Not accidentally, knowingly.

How did you reach your point of view?

My opinion is that we should not be subsidizing business with cheap labor in our first world economy. What metrics would you agree on to determine an optimum minimum wage rate? Should we ask landlords for their input?

Besides, current legislation is going to raise the minimum wage rate gradually until it reaches fifteen dollars an hour by 2025.

It is merely my opinion that it should be raised to fifteen dollars an hour now, with tax considerations such as tax breaks or tax credits for businesses to help them deal with the shock to those markets.

My view is that reducing the need for means testing for public assistance means less expensive government and less need for bigger government.

And, higher paid labor creates more in demand and generates more in tax revenue.

I agree to disagree that small businesses would be any worse off since they can simply pass on costs to their consumers just like they do with any other forms of price inflation.

Baloney.

View attachment 460389

Yeah things are pretty bleak in Dem controlled neighborhoods in Dem controlled cities in Dem controlled states.

Baloney.

View attachment 460389

Yeah things are pretty bleak in Dem controlled neighborhoods in Dem controlled cities in Dem controlled states.
There is a reason why red States are less expensive. It is the same reason less developed economies are less expensive.

Forum List

Back