Democrat Rep on CNN: We don't want Small Businesses

If you think somebody’s time is worth less than $7.25 an hour in this country then you have a lack of respect for other peoples time.

Respect has zero to do with it.
Some people aren't productive enough to deserve a $7.25 wage.
The requirement for them to be working validates more than $7.25. Their time validates it. If the business owner can’t structure a business to utilize their workforce and make a profit then that’s on them

The requirement for them to be working validates more than $7.25.

40 hours of minimally productive work doesn't magically become worth more than $7.25.
Validates...LOL!

If the business owner can’t structure a business to utilize their workforce and make a profit then that’s on them

Exactly. Which is why paying a guy barely worth $7.25 twice that will never happen.
Yes it does, should be more than $7.25

Because of your feelings?
Because of my sense of right and wrong. If you can’t pay somebody enough to make a living and you are requiring them to spend all their time working for you then you are taking advantage of them. It’s pretty simple

Because of my sense of right and wrong. If you can’t pay somebody enough to make a living and you are requiring them to spend all their time working for you then you are taking advantage of them.

Because of my sense of right and wrong.

Like I said, your feelings. Which have fuck all to do with economics or running a business.

If you can’t pay somebody enough to make a living and you are requiring them to spend all their time working for you then....

Then they are free to find higher paid employment elsewhere.

Because of my sense of right and wrong. If you can’t pay somebody enough to make a living and you are requiring them to spend all their time working for you then you are taking advantage of them.

Like I said, your feelings. Which have fuck all to do with economics or running a business.

If you can’t pay somebody enough to make a living and you are requiring them to spend all their time working for you then....

Should we eliminate child labor laws, allow sweat shops to operate in this country? Or are your feelings opposed to that?

Should we eliminate child labor laws, allow sweat shops to operate in this country? Or are your feelings opposed to that?

Should we eliminate child labor laws,

Why would we?

allow sweat shops to operate in this country?

Define sweat shop.

Should we eliminate child labor laws,

Why would we?

allow sweat shops to operate in this country?

Define sweat shop.
Why should we have child labor laws? If people want to work children for low labor costs then do you think they should be legally allowed to do it?

If people want to work children for low labor costs

People?
Yes people, businesses, if they want to employ young children at low wages should they be allowed to? We have laws preventing these things. There is a history of abuse. Do you think those laws are there for a valid reason?

if they want to employ young children at low wages should they be allowed to?

Do you want your children to work for low wages?

People?
Yes people, businesses, if they want to employ young children at low wages should they be allowed to? We have laws preventing these things. There is a history of abuse. Do you think those laws are there for a valid reason?

Answer my question and I’ll answer yours

People?

Our economy hasn't needed child labor since the 30s.
Why change now?

People?

Why change now?
It’s not about what our economy needs it’s about what is legal and illegal. So have you just give a straight answer to my question. Do you think it should be legal to allow child labor and sweat shops?

I have yet to see what Democrats have done for small businesses besides treat them like what they call greedy big corporations.

Hard to do when "full employment" is considered to be 3% unemployment. Hard to do when the minimum wage has been depressed. Hard to do when competing with illegal immigrants since employers aren't held liable for hiring them.
It never "needed" them. It was allowed...until it wasn't. And the arguments for continuing that practice were not unlike the arguments against a minimum wage increase.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back