Democrat Politics: Full-on Emotion

That's so cool! You are pragmatically wishing that my beautiful daughter gets raped and butchered by terrorists. Because.....if that happens....I will immediately turn into a retard nutbag like yiu and promote failed policies like you do!

And...you've had time to think about it and still feel that way. That's extra special emotionalism.

Again... not emotional at all. YOU are being emotional... getting all sentimental about your beautiful daughter. I don't know what you'd turn into... I said it would make you realize how important it is for us to go after these people and eradicate them from the face of the earth because they are pure evil. You'd still be an emotive twit who is emotionally weak and makes decisions based on emotions rather than pragmatism. That's why I think it will take something that rocks you to your foundation to jar your emotionalism enough so that we can count on your support. Otherwise, you will remain a coward living in fear as you are now.

Now emotionally, I don't want harm to come to anyone. I want everyone to live in peace and be happy. My pragmatism tells me that's not going to be an option as long as we have an evil enemy intent on killing us. My pragmatism also tells me we cannot fight these people while also fighting liberal emotionalism. Until this all hits home personally for you, we can count on you remaining a coward and emotively bleating your feelings all over the place as if you are the only one with an opinion.

no charge for all that partisan BS, right Doc?

now go pretend you have credibility somewhere, and are impressing someone.

sheesh ...

It is a good thing that liberals don't think 2 + 2 is 5 because if they did they would scream at you until you thought it was as well.

The mad libs are so racist and they don't even seem to realize it. They defend the Islamofascists yet they hatehatehate the religious right. They either hate white people or they think the brown skinned fascists are too inadequate to be held accountable.

They will attack/ publicly criticize a KKK member, for instance, just for their ideology. Yet, an Islamic supremacist is just an 'innocent Muslim' until they commit an actual crime. The liberal media represents the FAKE FASCIST LEFT

The error in thinking for liberals as well as establishment republicans and indeed, even some so-called conservatives is, that if we don't engage with you on your grounds and debate you on the emotive issues you create, that we cannot win. But we don't need to engage you on conditions we didn't create and by rules we can't control. We can defeat you by letting your emotionalism do the work. We need to engage those who think with their minds and not their hearts and leave you people to the wolves. Your emotionalism will be your undoing in the end and we don't need to say a word.

Guy, you right wingers don't have minds. YOu listen to whatever shit you hear on Hate Radio and think it's an original idea.

Practical matter, if the poor aren't fed, they WILL bring your society down. History proves this.

You people are not only incapable of compassion, you seem to lack any sense of self-preservation.
Then you take steps to drastically reduce the number of poor.

When the poor become stray dogs, feed them or they bite, its time to reduce the size of the packs.

Brazil has a problem with feral children. Off duty police are hired as pest control.

Romans 9:16 - Compassion doesn't originate in our bleeding hearts or moral sweat, but in God's mercy.

So you studied psychology in seminary school?

The mad libs are so racist and they don't even seem to realize it. They defend the Islamofascists yet they hatehatehate the religious right. They either hate white people or they think the brown skinned fascists are too inadequate to be held accountable.

They will attack/ publicly criticize a KKK member, for instance, just for their ideology. Yet, an Islamic supremacist is just an 'innocent Muslim' until they commit an actual crime. The liberal media represents the FAKE FASCIST LEFT
What race is the religious right?

Sorry clown, no one is interested in your failed thread that didn't even get a dozen replies. It's old news and totally unrelated to the thread OP. It's clearly an attempt to harass and troll, which is your normal mode of operation around here.
Awfully petty for a deg-reed psychologist...

As a psychologist who is fascinated with the human mind and how it works, I find politics have an interesting tie in. Specifically, the politics of the liberal left who now dominate the democrat party. The universal theme driving their politics is emotionalism. Plain and simple. We've all heard the term "bleeding heart liberal" and this is synonymous with the politics of emotionalism.

It's interesting, the term "bleeding heart" actually comes from the Bible, which most "bleeding heart liberals" have no familiarity with whatsoever, as they are secularist, agnostic or atheistic.

Romans 9:16 - Compassion doesn't originate in our bleeding hearts or moral sweat, but in God's mercy.

And perhaps this is the difference between a "bleeding heart liberal" and a religious right-winger? The liberal feels a moral responsibility to be the stewards of compassion while the religious rightie leaves it in God's hands. I'm a Spiritualist, so I remains somewhat in the middle on this. I feel that we all have some responsibility for our fellow man but at the same time, I also feel that the natural order of the universe sorts things out in the end.

There is a danger in allowing government authority to implement compassion through emotionalism. It's really not any different than a Christian sending $100 to the PTL Club in hopes that it will change lives and make a difference in the world. It may help to ease our conscience but it really doesn't amount to much actual change. However, ceding this authority to the government can really backfire and have dismal consequences. Not only does it not make much difference, it sacrifices personal freedom and liberty for the sake of feeling good.

It's almost always more wise to think with your head and not your heart. Thinking with your heart and allowing emotions to control your actions leads to careening your car into a ditch to avoid hitting a helpless rabbit in the road. Sure, you saved the rabbit but at what cost? Sometimes it is better to avoid your emotional reaction for a hot minute and think pragmatically about the overall situation. Liberals don't understand this because their entire moral foundation is based on self gratification instead of a higher power.

It makes them feel good to know that their politicians are going to feed the hungry, give shelter to the homeless, care for the sick... pay off all the student loans and dole out free cell phones. They can lay their empty little heads on their pillow at night and sleep well knowing they did their part to support those who care and oppose those who don't care. It doesn't matter that the actual conditions aren't changed or that they gave away more freedom and liberty, the intention is all that is important.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts. And the bleeding hearts respond because it makes them feel good about themselves. Most liberals are convinced those on the right want to starve school children because they want to reform the school lunch program to eliminate waste and abuse. The right wants people to die of illness in the streets because they don't support socialized health care. They don't care about the needy and poor because they want to balance the federal budget. They want to push Granny off the cliff because they want to make Social Security solvent for the future. Across the board, pragmatism is met with emotionalism.
Lol are you kidding me? Man is commanded in the Bible to be charitable to the poor. Wealthy people have no place in heaven. They belong in Hell for their apparent selfishness. Jesus was biggest liberal that ever lived. It's so laughable the right-wing doesn't see that.

Those in power? typically, white evangelicals.

Yet not all evangelicals are Caucasian only...

Yet not all evangelicals are Caucasian only...
Of course not, 'all'. That doesn't change my point at all though. :)

Wow... looks like I touched a nerve.

I doubt that you know what a nerve is. Psychology does not seem to be a science for you

Last week he actually said that he hoped a woman would get raped.

Not just any woman. He specifically said that he wished your daughter would be brutally raped and butchered. Cuz.....you need to learn your lesson.

Sounds like our psychologist might have been honest only about the first part of that word. Wow, did he actually say that? That's sick ...

Of course not, 'all'. That doesn't change my point at all though. :)

Do you even have a point? None of what you wrote actually made any sense or had any relationship with reality whatsoever. You and Doc here might need a 'session' with a true psychologist, or rather ... a psychiatrist.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts.

Conservatives are no different.

That's why Trump can say retarded things like "We will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it," and his supporters believe this nonsense.

It's not a liberal thing or a conservative thing. Cognitive bias a human thing.

A good psychologist would understand this most basic human condition.

As a psychologist who is fascinated with the human mind and how it works, I find politics have an interesting tie in. Specifically, the politics of the liberal left who now dominate the democrat party. The universal theme driving their politics is emotionalism. Plain and simple. We've all heard the term "bleeding heart liberal" and this is synonymous with the politics of emotionalism.

It's interesting, the term "bleeding heart" actually comes from the Bible, which most "bleeding heart liberals" have no familiarity with whatsoever, as they are secularist, agnostic or atheistic.

And perhaps this is the difference between a "bleeding heart liberal" and a religious right-winger? The liberal feels a moral responsibility to be the stewards of compassion while the religious rightie leaves it in God's hands. I'm a Spiritualist, so I remains somewhat in the middle on this. I feel that we all have some responsibility for our fellow man but at the same time, I also feel that the natural order of the universe sorts things out in the end.

There is a danger in allowing government authority to implement compassion through emotionalism. It's really not any different than a Christian sending $100 to the PTL Club in hopes that it will change lives and make a difference in the world. It may help to ease our conscience but it really doesn't amount to much actual change. However, ceding this authority to the government can really backfire and have dismal consequences. Not only does it not make much difference, it sacrifices personal freedom and liberty for the sake of feeling good.

It's almost always more wise to think with your head and not your heart. Thinking with your heart and allowing emotions to control your actions leads to careening your car into a ditch to avoid hitting a helpless rabbit in the road. Sure, you saved the rabbit but at what cost? Sometimes it is better to avoid your emotional reaction for a hot minute and think pragmatically about the overall situation. Liberals don't understand this because their entire moral foundation is based on self gratification instead of a higher power.

It makes them feel good to know that their politicians are going to feed the hungry, give shelter to the homeless, care for the sick... pay off all the student loans and dole out free cell phones. They can lay their empty little heads on their pillow at night and sleep well knowing they did their part to support those who care and oppose those who don't care. It doesn't matter that the actual conditions aren't changed or that they gave away more freedom and liberty, the intention is all that is important.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts. And the bleeding hearts respond because it makes them feel good about themselves. Most liberals are convinced those on the right want to starve school children because they want to reform the school lunch program to eliminate waste and abuse. The right wants people to die of illness in the streets because they don't support socialized health care. They don't care about the needy and poor because they want to balance the federal budget. They want to push Granny off the cliff because they want to make Social Security solvent for the future. Across the board, pragmatism is met with emotionalism.
Lol are you kidding me? Man is commanded in the Bible to be charitable to the poor. Wealthy people have no place in heaven. They belong in Hell for their apparent selfishness. Jesus was biggest liberal that ever lived. It's so laughable the right-wing doesn't see that.

I happen to know quite a few very wealthy people and I am willing to bet any amount of money you'd like to wager that they all contribute more to charity each year than you. Wealthy people are generally very charitable.

Jesus wasn't a liberal. Liberals like to give away other people's money. Jesus didn't believe in that. Jesus believed in people being accountable and bearing responsibility for their actions. Liberals believe the opposite, that everyone is a victim and no one should be held accountable for anything... unless they are rich republicans... then they think they get to have a say on who gets into heaven.

Liberal politicians play on this and exploit the emotive reactions of their base. They draw up the arguments as emotional clap trap and appeal to the bleeding hearts.

Conservatives are no different.

That's why Trump can say retarded things like "We will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it," and his supporters believe this nonsense.

It's not a liberal thing or a conservative thing. Cognitive bias a human thing.

A good psychologist would understand this most basic human condition.

Understand the condition. Lots of people are emotionally weak. My point is not people but politics. The Liberal left exploits emotional weakness.

Forum List

Back