Democrat party creating gun crime...Chicago Edition, part 4 million....Felon on parole, 3 felony gun convictions, had illegal gun.

I just did a search on police convicted of planting evidence and found very few cases. Accusations? Sure, anything to get off, but few convictions.

Police gain nothing by breaking the law and planting evidence. They get paid the same whether they lock up one person a year or a thousand.

As far as robbery goes, it has a lot of associated costs. My property value is half of what it was worth 25 years ago because of crime. They closed down all of our major stores including Walmart. They maxed out their insurance coverage before they close, and who pays for insurance in this country? Everybody.

Yep......950 dollars a robbery, how many times a week? And stores are leaving those neighborhoods...how much does it cost them, and the people who now have no access to food, drugs and other necessary items..

Yep......950 dollars a robbery, how many times a week? And stores are leaving those neighborhoods...how much does it cost them, and the people who now have no access to food, drugs and other necessary items..

Not to mention those establishments pay quite a bit to the city they operate in. That's lost revenue for everybody in that city.

I just did a search on police convicted of planting evidence and found very few cases. Accusations? Sure, anything to get off, but few convictions.

Police gain nothing by breaking the law and planting evidence. They get paid the same whether they lock up one person a year or a thousand.

As far as robbery goes, it has a lot of associated costs. My property value is half of what it was worth 25 years ago because of crime. They closed down all of our major stores including Walmart. They maxed out their insurance coverage before they close, and who pays for insurance in this country? Everybody.

Ok, so we’re talking about Recidivism in this thread. Moron wants to throw people in prison for thirty years. Why not try out other things to minimize the recidivism rate? Why not turn those criminals into law abiding and productive citizens? It works in other nations, but we won’t even try it here. Why? All we do is continue to double down on the failed system of the past.

We don’t want to change. We want it to work. Like idiots who still argue that Communism can work, if the right people are in charge. It’s failed every time. Yet somehow there are those who argue it is going to work this time.

So you Law and Order and get tough on crime types are exactly the same. The system we have is not working. But we’re going to double down on it again, because it will work this time. We’ll prevent repeat offenses by locking people up for thirty years or more. That will keep them from committing crimes.

What do we really do? Create more one parent homes which are more likely to create criminals, which will create more one parent homes, and more likely to create criminals. Eventually a third of this nation will be working around the clock to keep the other two thirds locked up.

It’s stupid. It’s idiotic. But the only thing we want to do is keep trying the same stupid shit.

And if a guy does get out of Prison determined to make it on the outside and stay out of trouble? We give him so many punitive conditions that he can’t make it without going back to crime. They have trouble getting jobs driving Trucks because trucks might be used for crime. We prohibit them from working in about half of the jobs, the ones which pay a living wage.

Then they are subjected to never ending harassment by the police in an effort to catch them as soon as they go back to crime.

So no, I don’t care if your neighborhood value is in the crapper. It’s your fault. Your fault because for most of my life we haven’t cared one whit about rehabilitation, just about punishment. So enjoy the fruits of your policies.

Ok, so we’re talking about Recidivism in this thread. Moron wants to throw people in prison for thirty years. Why not try out other things to minimize the recidivism rate? Why not turn those criminals into law abiding and productive citizens? It works in other nations, but we won’t even try it here. Why? All we do is continue to double down on the failed system of the past.

We don’t want to change. We want it to work. Like idiots who still argue that Communism can work, if the right people are in charge. It’s failed every time. Yet somehow there are those who argue it is going to work this time.

So you Law and Order and get tough on crime types are exactly the same. The system we have is not working. But we’re going to double down on it again, because it will work this time. We’ll prevent repeat offenses by locking people up for thirty years or more. That will keep them from committing crimes.

What do we really do? Create more one parent homes which are more likely to create criminals, which will create more one parent homes, and more likely to create criminals. Eventually a third of this nation will be working around the clock to keep the other two thirds locked up.

It’s stupid. It’s idiotic. But the only thing we want to do is keep trying the same stupid shit.

And if a guy does get out of Prison determined to make it on the outside and stay out of trouble? We give him so many punitive conditions that he can’t make it without going back to crime. They have trouble getting jobs driving Trucks because trucks might be used for crime. We prohibit them from working in about half of the jobs, the ones which pay a living wage.

Then they are subjected to never ending harassment by the police in an effort to catch them as soon as they go back to crime.

So no, I don’t care if your neighborhood value is in the crapper. It’s your fault. Your fault because for most of my life we haven’t cared one whit about rehabilitation, just about punishment. So enjoy the fruits of your policies.

First off there are no laws that prohibit a con from taking any job. I drove a tractor-trailer for well over 25 years, and a few years of straight truck before that. It's the employers discretion to hire felons or not. And trust me, in my former industry, they will just about hire anybody willing to do the job. We are short tens of thousands of drivers the industry can't find.

Speaking of work, one of our customers hired ex-cons. The owner participated in the program because the state gave employers money to do so. Then a fight broke out and another employee got hurt. He hired a security guard. The same thing happened, and the security guard also got hurt. So he hired several security guards. After a while he was losing money so he got out of the program entirely.

As a landlord I rented to ex-cons. One nearly burned the place down because he was getting dope from somebody and not paying them. They came in the middle of the night and lit the place on fire. Another was a remodeler. He wanted to do some remodeling to his unit in exchange for rent. He tore the place up, but went back on the dope and never attempted to put it back together.

Bottom line is you can't rehabilitate people that don't want to be rehabilitated. This is why we need to keep them in prison as long as possible to stop them from harming the rest of society. This is why employers won't hire them, landlords like me won't rent to them. So the best thing we can possibly do is create a strong enough deterrent so they don't become felons in the first place.

Now I want to give you another problem we have in this country, and that is high speed police chases. Penalties vary from city to city and state to state, but generally they are a slap on the hand and at max, you may get one year in prison. It happens so often that police are forced to give up the chase so as not to harm innocent people. The criminal knows if they go fast enough, the cops will have to stop chasing them; catering to the criminal as you suggest.

So let's have a national law that all high-speed police chases are first degree felony with a minimum of 10 years in prison. Do you think we'd see nearly as many high-speed police chases after the law passes as we see today?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back