Democracy in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Consider:

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
― Issac Asimov

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
― H.L. Mencken

“Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.

Consider:

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
― Issac Asimov

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
― H.L. Mencken

“Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.
Asimov was correct. The fact that your ignorance on the type of government we have seems to give you the notion that your opinion is as valid as Mine.

Mencken was aware that when we invest everything in to a Unitarian President, we get what we deserve. I despair of the Democrat party ever looking to return the power of the people to the House of Representatives.

Freedom exists by the sacrifice of those who love and cherish it above meme.

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.
Asimov was correct. The fact that your ignorance on the type of government we have seems to give you the notion that your opinion is as valid as Mine.

"the notion that your opinion is as valid as Mine" with a capital M. :laughing0301:

Egomaniacs are so funneh, mostly because they're so oblivious to it.

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.
What is your point? Democracy in America? Hello
First quote AOC
Second quote Bernie Sanders
Third Quote Maxine Waters

• Banned
Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

Mencken was aware that when we invest everything in to a Unitarian President, we get what we deserve. I despair of the Democrat party ever looking to return the power of the people to the House of Representatives.

My understanding of our form of government is clear, democracy works when an educated populace votes. That is not to say I support an IQ test or a diploma to register to vote.

The "strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life" and on pages and pages of posts on this message board.

That said, maybe you will explain why you suggested my understanding is not valid, when you have not offered what type of government you support, and why it would be more valid than the ideal written in Art. I, II and III of our Constitution (along with a number of amendments making voting a right to more and more people).

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

That's true. The moron hung on for two terms then we got rid of the next democrat moron.

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

No personal context report

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

"Consider." It opens the mind of the few, you're apparently not one of them [not that I'm surprised].

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

My understanding of our form of government is clear, democracy works when an educated populace votes. That is not to say I support an IQ test or a diploma to register to vote.

The "strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life" and on pages and pages of posts on this message board.

That said, maybe you will explain why you suggested my understanding is not valid, when you have not offered what type of government you support, and why it would be more valid than the ideal written in Art. I, II and III of our Constitution (along with a number of amendments making voting a right to more and more people).
Pretty simple really, even for a Democrat.

We are NOT a democracy. We have NEVER been a democracy. That fact that you can't get that right speaks volumes about your 'intellectualism'.

I do agree that there is a thread of anti-intellectualism raging through our country. It is on display every time someone promotes emotionalism over thought, compassion over logic, and a false morality over true help.

Democracy works ONLY in destroying society.

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

How about a Economic test? The left can't tell the difference between these two burger baskets...

A Wyoming $8 dollar burger basket from the local mom and pop diner (minimum wage $7.25)

images.jpeg

Or A Colorado $12 dollar burger basket from the local mom and pop diner (minimum wage $11.10)

images.jpeg

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

First quote AOC

My point, inspiration of the curious. Curiosity is not a characteristic of the anti-intellectual, thus I didn't expect that set would ever engage in thoughtful discussions on each of these quotes, in terms of contemporary politics and internet culture.

Mockery is not thoughtful or thought provoking.

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

We are NOT a democracy. We have NEVER been a democracy. That fact that you can't get that right speaks volumes about your 'intellectualism'.

I do agree that there is a thread of anti-intellectualism raging through our country. It is on display every time someone promotes emotionalism over thought, compassion over logic, and a false morality over true help.

Q. Are we a Republic

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

Q. Are we a Republic
Q: Are we a Constitutional Republic.

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

"the notion that your opinion is as valid as Mine" with a capital M. :laughing0301:

Egomaniacs are so funneh, mostly because they're so oblivious to it.

Pigo. Link?

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

"Consider." It opens the mind of the few, you're apparently not one of them [not that I'm surprised].

No personal context you are just posting random shit

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

First quote AOC

My point, inspiration of the curious. Curiosity is not a characteristic of the anti-intellectual, thus I didn't expect that set would ever engage in thoughtful discussions on each of these quotes, in terms of contemporary politics and internet culture.

Mockery is not thoughtful or thought provoking.
You are obviously too self possessed and intellectual to get it.
Creativity is not your strong suit.

Consider:

― Issac Asimov

― H.L. Mencken

― Martin Luther King Jr.

Q. Are we a Republic

Okay, that's the meme. We are a Republic, we can agree. Correct?

Q. Are we a Republic

Okay, that's the meme. We are a Republic, we can agree. Correct?

You mean we may agree? Learn English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back