Dem Response To Are You Better Off Than Four Years Ago: Blame Bush

It was a no brainer to buy property in 09 as the market was bottoming out. It didn't matter who the president was for that.
true. However the OP wanted to know if things were better under Obama, for me and mine, its a yes.

And ill admit, thats just my family. Others will have the complete opposite story.

Nothing will improve no matter who is in charge till we come together as a nation and move past this "Bush is the Devil" and "Liberalism is a sickness" crap. Till that stops, we will keep voting in complete and utter fools. like we have right now.

Dude things improved while Reagan was president.
Only because he had a Democratic Congress.

yes they did.
And the time it taking obama to get start Reagan already had finished.

A recession began 6 months AFTER Reagan took office. It lasted 16 months.

The last recession ended 6 months after Obama took office. The expansion has lasted 36 months.

Seriously? You actually believe these numbers? I got news for ya brah. During those so-called months of expansion, unemployment stayed above 8 percent for every single month.

There is no way things are better now than 4 years ago.
Well, we know this guy and his supporters would agree with you!

118019_600.jpg

California Girl: "Only idiots use cartoons to debate."

I don't blame just Bush. I blame the Republicans too.

You're with us or with the "terrorists".

Blame ultimately goes so far. Blaming is not going to get you out of 8.0 unployment, declining median income, 50 percent plus and growing deficits. A leader, be it the current President or replacement, needs to take leadership and be accountable for the plan. If Romney is elected and all he is doing 4 years from now is blaming Obama and feeling entitled to re-election, then, he's gotta go. The current zPresident said something similar about himself 4 years ago; but, then again, he said many things 4 years ago.

America is better off than it was in January 1, 2008, that's for damned sure.

Dem Response To Are You Better Off Than Four Years Ago: Blame Bush

there is no doubt the economy and Country are better off today under the Obama Administration than the conditions they were left in by the Bush Administration.

real wages have gone down or stayed the same while prices of goods and services have gone up markedly

Trumka-and-Obama.jpg

It's Bush's fault. It has noting to do with those two ass clowns :lmao: A 43 percent jump in the national debt is not on Obama!

It's sad to watch. I guess it makes some sense if you don't understand how the economy works (and clearly they don't).

Actually my response is "yes"

Anyone who isn't better off than they were 4 years ago must just not have been applying themselves very much. They should stop blaming others and take some personal responsibility for their failures.

It's sad to watch. I guess it makes some sense if you don't understand how the economy works (and clearly they don't).

Anyone who isn't better off than they were 4 years ago must just not have been applying themselves very much. They should stop blaming others and take some personal responsibility for their failures.

Interesting. My wife and I were talking about this subject yesterday.

And yes, we are better off.

Our investments (IRA'a, 401k, stocks) have bounced back nicely from the disaster that was the end of the Bush presidency. My real estate values are coming back pretty well. My tenants are able to work and pay rent. Mostly on time. Through conservation, my energy costs have stayed pretty flat. Food costs are up but the garden did ok. And my garden had nothing to do with Bush or Obama. Everything to do with the drought.

My wife works for a French company that is busy investing in America. She had a couple of nice pay raises and plenty of work.

My customers are more willing to spend money on home improvement projects so I have more work.

A good friend of my daughter is back from Afghanistan with minimal injuries. And he won't be going back. Good thing there.

The News Hour doesn't have dead troops from Iraq to honor every evening. That is a real good thing.

My daughter is covered by medical insurance. Her student loan rates haven't gone up.

ON Craigs List (in my area) there a lots of jobs available. Not so 4 years ago.

Yea, things are better now than 4 years ago. And things could have been even better if only the rethugs had co operated.

Interesting. My wife and I were talking about this subject yesterday.

And yes, we are better off.

Our investments (IRA'a, 401k, stocks) have bounced back nicely from the disaster that was the end of the Bush presidency. My real estate values are coming back pretty well. My tenants are able to work and pay rent. Mostly on time. Through conservation, my energy costs have stayed pretty flat. Food costs are up but the garden did ok. And my garden had nothing to do with Bush or Obama. Everything to do with the drought.

My wife works for a French company that is busy investing in America. She had a couple of nice pay raises and plenty of work.

My customers are more willing to spend money on home improvement projects so I have more work.

A good friend of my daughter is back from Afghanistan with minimal injuries. And he won't be going back. Good thing there.

The News Hour doesn't have dead troops from Iraq to honor every evening. That is a real good thing.

My daughter is covered by medical insurance. Her student loan rates haven't gone up.

ON Craigs List (in my area) there a lots of jobs available. Not so 4 years ago.

Yea, things are better now than 4 years ago. And things could have been even better if only the rethugs had co operated.

But if Obama is re-elected, you will not hire any new workers, right?

Let's see...are we better off. Let's look at the numbers...

Jobs: Losing 750,000 a month when Obama took office...We've had two straight years of job gains...from a -8.9% to a 2% growth is better off.

We are definitely better off with bin Laden gone and Al Qaeda obliterated.

GM is better off than they were four years ago and the entire state of Michigan as a result.

Gays in the military are certainly better off not having to worry all the time about being discharged.

Seniors are better off...they saved $4.1 billion dollars on Prescriptions thanks to Affordable Care.

Veterans are better off...President Obama has made continuous changes to Veterans Care...most recently signing an Executive Order aimed at reducing the suicide rates among veterans.

The Dow is better off. It has more than doubled since President Obama took office.

Yes, we are better off than we were four years ago.

Do you understand what the question "Are you better off than you were four years ago?" means?

Dems are a Party with no new ideas, old, tired, and the best they can hope for is that we become like Greece or Spain

That's rather cynical (even heartless). If we're all struggling that much more then it goes without saying that many of us (no matter our intentions) are struggling four years later.

Forum List

Back