Dem Bill Gives Special Tax Handout to Media Companies with Up to 1,500 "Local Journalists"

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Dems simply have no shame. I've never seen such a blatant payoff to their political allies:

The reconciliation bill working its way through the U.S. House calls on the American taxpayer to subsidize Democrats' media allies. The bill provides a special tax cut for the media under the guise of helping "local journalists" but eligible media companies will receive the funds for up to 1,500 reporters per company. This provision would provide a refundable payroll tax credit equal to 50 percent of wages up to $12,500 per quarter per employee for the first four calendar quarters and a 30 percent credit for each calendar quarter thereafter. On page 1,957 of the 2000+page bill, section 138516 would...

Last edited by a moderator:
What this means is that up to 1500 journalists, per company, will be free from paying federal income taxes (If they keep towing the government agenda).

This seems dangerously near a violation of 1st amendment rights. While the liberal government won’t PROHIBIT reporters from revealing the lies about its liberal narrative, those who do the government’s bidding will be financially rewarded.

Dims simply have no shame. I've never seen such a blatant payoff to their political allies:

The reconciliation bill working its way through the U.S. House calls on the American taxpayer to subsidize Democrats' media allies. The bill provides a special tax cut for the media under the guise of helping "local journalists" but eligible media companies will receive the funds for up to 1,500 reporters per company. This provision would provide a refundable payroll tax credit equal to 50 percent of wages up to $12,500 per quarter per employee for the first four calendar quarters and a 30 percent credit for each calendar quarter thereafter. On page 1,957 of the 2000+page bill, section 138516 would...
NPR and PBS are anti-white leftists and they also get tax $$$$$$
....the tax codes are beyond ridiculous ...there are way too many deductions and crap

What this means is that up to 1500 journalists, per company, will be free from paying federal income taxes (If they keep towing the government agenda).

This seems dangerously near a violation of 1st amendment rights. While the liberal government won’t PROHIBIT reporters from revealing the lies about its liberal narrative, those who do the government’s bidding will be financially rewarded.
It also violates the 14th Amendment - equal protection under the law.

Last edited:
I wonder if Democrats would be proposing this if the current media wasn't so extremely biased in their favor? It looks like "thanks a lot" money to me.

I wonder if Democrats would be proposing this if the current media wasn't so extremely biased in their favor? It looks like "thanks a lot" money to me.
The Dims know who their friends are, and they are all scum.

You're gonna hafta point out the part of the legislation that specified a certain agenda.

1636299367252.png

They're a frakking business and shouldn't need any hand out from the government to run their business. However if the hand out exists then it should apply to all businesses no matter what the head count. That means the Daily Wire, Timcast, Rogan, and a lot of others, should be eligible for this too.

*****SMILE*****

:)

The media is 95% leftwing. We all know that.
No.

It's liberal, not left-wing.

Thinking that liberals are leftists is like believing Mengele was tortured by children rather than the other way around.

Liberals despise the left, and the Democrat Party only exists to keep the left at bay - to neutralize it and be sure its ideas never gain any power.

Forum List

Back