"Defund" Obamacare?

It can be appealed if Obama would man up to what the rest of the country has demanded. Repeal it, admit for the better good of the country, that ACA will just simply not work.

Come on Obama.. Put country before yourself for just once.

-Geaux

..just sayin

-------------------:eusa_whistle:

Justice Roberts Tax Ruling Endangers Obamacare

By Roger Stark, MD, FACS, Health Care Policy Analyst
, May, 2013

Last year, the U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments on the constitutionality of the individual mandate imposed on Americans by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), or as the president calls it, Obamacare. The individual mandate states that every adult over the age of 18 must own federally approved health insurance or pay a penalty. The court essentially dodged the constitutionality of whether the government has the power to require citizens to buy a certain consumer product, however, and approved the mandate provision by ruling the penalty for not having health insurance is a tax. Congress unquestionably has the power to tax and consequently, the court ruled the Obamacare law did not violate the constitution.

Chief Justice John Roberts stated that the penalty is not a “financial punishment” because it is set low and therefore for constitutional purposes it is a tax. Roberts went on to opine, “By statute, it [the penalty] can never be more.” In other words, the penalty for not owning health insurance must remain small to be considered a constitutionally allowed tax. If the penalty becomes too large, it is no longer a tax and the constitutionality of the individual mandate is again subject to legal challenge.

This ruling places the entire financial basis of Obamacare at risk and seriously puts the law in jeopardy of not surviving beyond the next few years.

Justice Roberts Tax Ruling Endangers Obamacare | Washington Policy Center

Let us look at the facts.
Congress can vote to defund Obamacare in the Congress as they have the votes.
The Senate can also vote to defund Obamacare if they had the votes and they don't there.
But let us say both Houses voted to defund Obamacare.
Obama vetoes the legislation under his executive power per The United States Constitution.
The House does not have a 2/3rds majority to over ride the veto.
You people should have already known this.

They also should know that the intent has never been to repeal and/or defund. Nor was there ever any intent to "replace" it with any sort of health care plan other than 'shut up and die'.

It has always been to PRETEND to repeal and/or defund so they can use it in their dishonest campaigns.

Republicans have publically vilified what they named Obamacare from its initial discussions. Their politics have nothing whatsoever to do with the law or the need for it or the results of it.

It's merely the centerpiece in their political strategy to drag Democrats, President Obama, and the country to below where Republicans and President Bush dragged the country during their reign.

Their failures however continued unabated.

Smarter politicians would have owned up to reality and worked on recovering and demonstrating competence.

I think that the strategy that they have been following may forever disable, in the minds of a majority of the electorate, all chances of their redemption.

Last edited:
Let us look at the facts.
Congress can vote to defund Obamacare in the Congress as they have the votes.
The Senate can also vote to defund Obamacare if they had the votes and they don't there.
But let us say both Houses voted to defund Obamacare.
Obama vetoes the legislation under his executive power per The United States Constitution.
The House does not have a 2/3rds majority to over ride the veto.
You people should have already known this.

They also should know that the intent has never been to repeal and/or defund. Nor was there ever any intent to "replace" it with any sort of health care plan other than 'shut up and die'.

It has always been to PRETEND to repeal and/or defund so they can use it in their dishonest campaigns.

Since this is a debate, I am sure you can back up these claims.

Looking forward to you in-depth, highly evolved analysis.

Especially since it won't need more than three lines (your usual output).

It can be appealed if Obama would man up to what the rest of the country has demanded. Repeal it, admit for the better good of the country, that ACA will just simply not work.

-Geaux

Isn't it part of the master plan to cripple America economically, and put us all on the single payer plan of medicine?? Sheep to the slaughter?? :cuckoo:

I think a case could be made before the courts on this. This Bill is nothing like it was packaged and sold in 2010. Obama has arbitrarily used executive orders to not only tweak but to make major changes along the way.

I wish that would work. But since John Roberts was willing to help uphold the law by calling the penalty a tax when Obama and the dems were on record denying that it is a tax, "how the package was sold" does not seem to matter to the surpreme court.

-Geaux

Isn't it part of the master plan to cripple America economically, and put us all on the single payer plan of medicine?? Sheep to the slaughter?? :cuckoo:

The one thing that was and is clear, is that doing nothing about our 2X the cost, half of the effectiveness, totally uncompetitive former non-system,
would cripple America economically.

The question now is, is Obamacare enough?

I personally don't think so. While roughly half of our health care system can be made more competitive through the influence of Medicare, Medicaid, TriCare, and the VA, having the other half of a mishmash of insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, private hospitals, concierge Drs, clinics, medical device manufacturers, PCPs, all trying to optimize their businesses, at the expense of everyone else, doesn't stand a chance of fixing itself.

Republicans have publically vilified what they named Obamacare from its initial discussions. Their politics have nothing whatsoever to do with the law or the need for it or the results of it.

What a laugher.

A republican governor put forth a state run program and the left held it up as a model for the federal program. Even though conservatives don't like Romneycare, they don't deny the power of the state to make such laws.

The need is for a better health care delivery.

This law is way off course.

It's merely the centerpiece in their political strategy to drag Democrats, President Obama, and the country to below where Republicans and President Bush dragged the country during their reign.

I'm sorry you can't get over the butthurt of Al Gore losing an election he should have handily won. I didn't like Bush. But I pulled the lever and vomited afterwards. I'd do the same all over again given Al's mental state and his shown two-facedness.

If Bozo the clown were a third party write in, I'd have done that.

The GOP is 1/2 the country....sorry to break it to you, but you have no special standing. Your vote counts no more than anyone elses. So, Bush dragged us through and Obama is now doing the same (nobody trusts him except the blind fools who can't see past the ends of their partisan noses).

And our next president will drag us through something more. It's life....get over it.

Smarter politicians would have owned up to reality and worked on recovering and demonstrating competence.

ROTFLMAO

In 2008 the democratic pundits were saying the GOP would not be relevant for 10 years. Obama had the wind at his back, both houses, and high approval rating. I figured we got what we deserved given the pathetic performance of our pres/congress from 2000 to 2006.

I can still when Evan Bahy said the GOP might pick up big in the senate. I thought....he's on crack. Then Robert Gibbs said they could actually win the house. I stopped taking prozac.

In 2010, they wiped out the democrats taking the house and gettng back some of the senate. Not to mention...in the states they were creaming the dems. This, when the GOP is fractured and not very well organized. Something like 60 seats lost in the house.

SO WHO FAILED....?????

If you want to make statements like this I am sure you have an explanation as to how in two years, your vaunted Affirmative Action President could do such a good job as to lose the majority of the house. I so value your insights...please share.

I think that the strategy they have been following may forever disable, in the minds of a majority of the electorate, all chances of their redemption.

I am not interested in what you "think" and that has no place in debate.

As of today, here are your poll numbers.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Generic Congressional Vote

It does not support you projected dream.

-Geaux

The one thing that was and is clear, is that doing nothing about our 2X the cost, half of the effectiveness, totally uncompetitive former non-system,
would cripple America economically.

The question now is, is Obamacare enough?

I personally don't think so. While roughly half of our health care system can be made more competitive through the influence of Medicare, Medicaid, TriCare, and the VA, having the other half of a mishmash of insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, private hospitals, concierge Drs, clinics, medical device manufacturers, PCPs, all trying to optimize their businesses, at the expense of everyone else, doesn't stand a chance of fixing itself.

Kool-Aid I.V. alert !!!

I think that the strategy they have been following may forever disable, in the minds of a majority of the electorate, all chances of their redemption.

Good point but Dem controlled states are doing well though.

Its just the R controlled states where people can't get coverage.

Just like every other major piece of legislation, it needs fixing but the Rs won't allow that. Instead, they're still planning to lie about "repeal/defund". How dumb do they think we are?

Better question: how dumb are they? More than $50Million tax dollars and 45+ "attempts" to repeal and they STILL can't figure out that the Ds control the Senate AND the WH.

Good point but Dem controlled states are doing well though.

Its just the R controlled states where people can't get coverage.

Just like every other major piece of legislation, it needs fixing but the Rs won't allow that. Instead, they're still planning to lie about "repeal/defund". How dumb do they think we are?

Better question: how dumb are they? More than $50Million tax dollars and 45+ "attempts" to repeal and they STILL can't figure out that the Ds control the Senate AND the WH.

Ouch.....

GOP Grabs 30 Governor Seats, Highest for Either Party in 12 Years - ABC News

What a laugher.

A republican governor put forth a state run program and the left held it up as a model for the federal program. Even though conservatives don't like Romneycare, they don't deny the power of the state to make such laws.

I'm sorry you can't get over the butthurt of Al Gore losing an election he should have handily won. I didn't like Bush. But I pulled the lever and vomited afterwards. I'd do the same all over again given Al's mental state and his shown two-facedness.

The GOP is 1/2 the country....sorry to break it to you, but you have no special standing. Your vote counts no more than anyone elses. So, Bush dragged us through and Obama is now doing the same (nobody trusts him except the blind fools who can't see past the ends of their partisan noses).

And our next president will drag us through something more. It's life....get over it.

ROTFLMAO

In 2008 the democratic pundits were saying the GOP would not be relevant for 10 years. Obama had the wind at his back, both houses, and high approval rating. I figured we got what we deserved given the pathetic performance of our pres/congress from 2000 to 2006.

I can still when Evan Bahy said the GOP might pick up big in the senate. I thought....he's on crack. Then Robert Gibbs said they could actually win the house. I stopped taking prozac.

In 2010, they wiped out the democrats taking the house and gettng back some of the senate. Not to mention...in the states they were creaming the dems. This, when the GOP is fractured and not very well organized. Something like 60 seats lost in the house.

SO WHO FAILED....?????

If you want to make statements like this I am sure you have an explanation as to how in two years, your vaunted Affirmative Action President could do such a good job as to lose the majority of the house. I so value your insights...please share.

I know that conservatives are completely unconcerned about any opinions other than theirs. That’s why they are unable to govern.

Republican success in Congress was due to the fleeting fashion of the Tea Party. If you recall, Obama won his election.

The only possibility that Republicans have against Clinton in 2016 is Christy. First he's as much a liberal as she is, and his health may get the best of him. While I like the guy, he has to be careful about becoming too Rob Ford.

Every day more of the electorate realize that John Boehner has the House basically on strike. They haven't accomplished anything for years. That will cost Republicans in Congressional elections. One more shutdown of government and the people might not even wait until election time.

Finally, Obamacare. It will be a success. Despite every attempt by Republicans. By next election day Republicans will rue the day that they labeled it Obamacare.

Last edited:
How dumb do they think we are?

I think that question has already been answered. :lol:

-Geaux

Obamadumbanddumber.jpg

What a laugher.

ROTFLMAO

SO WHO FAILED....?????

I know that conservatives are completely unconcerned about any opinions other than theirs. That’s why they are unable to govern.

Republican success in Congress was due to the fleeting fashion of the Tea Party. If you recall, Obama won his election.

The only possibility that Republicans have against Clinton in 2016 is Christy. First he's as much a liberal as she is, and his health may get the best of him. While I like the guy, he has to be careful about becoming too Rob Ford.

Every day more of the electorate realize that John Boehner has the House basically on strike. They haven't accomplished anything for years. That will cost Republicans in Congressional elections. One more shutdown of government and the people might not even wait until election time.

Finally, Obamacare. It will be a success. Despite every attempt by Republicans. By next election day Republicans will rue the day that they labeled it Obamacare.

Awwww......

More opinions. Right now the generic congressional run off is dead even (look it up for yourself).

The GOP owns over 30 state houses (fact).

Current polls show no reason to think that number won't net the same (in fact N.C. just came into play).

Clinton won't survive an election. There is a reason Benghazi isn't more in the news...it's being saved. And Obamacare (notice the White House won't call it that any more) will be linked to Hillarycare (opinion).

Half the country wants the house on strike. And it really does not matter what anyone else wants...it only matters what the house district wants. And more democrats are at risk than republicans.

The GOP is a mess....and they still wiped the floor with you in 2010

The congress is more conservative now than it was 10 years ago.

What a laugher.

ROTFLMAO

SO WHO FAILED....?????

Awwww......

More opinions. Right now the generic congressional run off is dead even (look it up for yourself).

Current polls show no reason to think that number won't net the same (in fact N.C. just came into play).

Clinton won't survive an election. There is a reason Benghazi isn't more in the news...it's being saved. And Obamacare (notice the White House won't call it that any more) will be linked to Hillarycare (opinion).

Half the country wants the house on strike. And it really does not matter what anyone else wants...it only matters what the house district wants. And more democrats are at risk than republicans.

A clear statement of what you wish the outcome to be. One of us will be closer to right than the other will be.

In my opinion you are merely parroting the propaganda that the Republican Party pays Fox Opinions to deliver. That's your right, but also the reason that I'm comfortable with my opinion. While there may well be a sucker born every minute, I believe in democracy because there is no evidence that suckers will ever out number independent thinkers.

Awwww......

A clear statement of what you wish the outcome to be. One of us will be closer to right than the other will be.

In my opinion you are merely parroting the propaganda that the Republican Party pays Fox Opinions to deliver. That's your right, but also the reason that I'm comfortable with my opinion. While there may well be a sucker born every minute, I believe in democracy because there is no evidence that suckers will ever out number independent thinkers.

Who cares about your opinion ?

You guys are in total freefall.

The country has figured out that our Affirmative Action Failure has played them for suckers.

Awwww......

The country has figured out that our Affirmative Action Failure has played them for suckers.

I don't care who cares about my opinion. That's called independent thinking.

What I do care about are the workings of democracy. The source of our freedom.

If I am wrong in my predictions, democracy will also lose because it will be shown that advertising, propaganda, will have overtaken and passed critical thinking among the electorate. A loss for everyone on earth.

If I am wrong in my predictions, democracy will also lose because it will be shown that advertising, propaganda, will have overtaken and passed critical thinking among the electorate. A loss for everyone on earth.

No, that is not independent thinking. You've turned your back on all the fact placed before you and have no rational for your current positions. You hold them like some hold their bible "Obama said, you believe, and that settles it".

I think the election and re-election of our Affirmative Action Failure In Chief is a good support to your last paragraph.

Last edited:

No, that is not independent thinking. You've turned your back on all the fact placed before you and have no rational for your current positions. You hold them like some hold their bible "Obama said, you believe, and that settles it".

I think the election and re-election of our Affirmative Action Failure In Chief is a good support to your last paragraph.

I'm supposed to heed the opinion of someone demonstrably not an independent thinker on what independent thinking is?

How dumb would I be if I did that?

Forum List

Back