Would the founding fathers would consider America a failure?

Does present day America reflect the founding fathers vision?

• Yes

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh HELL yes... that's a no brainer. Obama himself has violated the U.S. Constitution on dozens of occasions. Do you think the founders would find even one instance acceptable? Not a chance in hell...

They are literally rolling over in their graves and have been doing so since the turn of the last century.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
The American experiment at principled self government began to unravel when Jefferson actively undermined the Presidency of John Adams. The ensuing trend towards political partisanship has now reached its zenith.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
They'd be fucking amazed what with flush toilets and cold beer and all.

Without a doubt.

Do you care to elaborate? I'm undecided but would love to hear why you think otherwise.

Sure.

Rights are not gifts from one man to another, nor from one class of men to another. It is impossible to discover any origin of rights otherwise than in the origin of man; it consequently follows that rights appertain to man in right of his existence, and must therefore be equal to every man.

Thomas Paine: Unknown

We've discarded this view in favor of an elite aristocracy that runs a mean game of corporatism over the American people. He probably is rolling in his grave.

A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the liberties of the people than a standing army." We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt."
Thomas Jefferson

Speaks for itself. I could go on all day at this and include letters, quotes, articles, etc.. that would clearly deliniate why the founders would not only consider what this nation has become as a failure, but a grave danger to liberty.

Without a doubt.

Do you care to elaborate? I'm undecided but would love to hear why you think otherwise.

Sure.

Rights are not gifts from one man to another, nor from one class of men to another. It is impossible to discover any origin of rights otherwise than in the origin of man; it consequently follows that rights appertain to man in right of his existence, and must therefore be equal to every man.

Thomas Paine: Unknown

We've discarded this view in favor of an elite aristocracy that runs a mean game of corporatism over the American people. He probably is rolling in his grave.

A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the liberties of the people than a standing army." We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt."
Thomas Jefferson

Speaks for itself. I could go on all day at this and include letters, quotes, articles, etc.. that would clearly deliniate why the founders would not only consider what this nation has become as a failure, but a grave danger to liberty.

Thanks for covering for those of us too lazy to look that stuff up.:clap2:

I think the Founders would be horrified that they Parasitical Class has assumed control of the country.

The founders were not of one mind, just as Americans are not today. I think some would be surprised the nation is still functioning, as is the government. And lo and behold the government is pretty much as they intended and left. Only 15 new Constitutional Amendments added to theirs.
At this very moment I think they would see a flaw in the Constitution that allows some malfunctioning of the government and would offer suggestions. Maybe Jefferson would be upset that our attempt at education has not worked as he had hoped. Others might be upset that too much progress has been made and others not enough progress. In all, I think they would be pleased, as most of us should be.

The founders were not of one mind, just as Americans are not today. I think some would be surprised the nation is still functioning, as is the government. And lo and behold the government is pretty much as they intended and left. Only 15 new Constitutional Amendments added to theirs.
At this very moment I think they would see a flaw in the Constitution that allows some malfunctioning of the government and would offer suggestions. Maybe Jefferson would be upset that our attempt at education has not worked as he had hoped. Others might be upset that too much progress has been made and others not enough progress. In all, I think they would be pleased, as most of us should be.

Jefferson abhorred a powerful central government, especialy the treasury. :eek:

Forum List

Back