Dedicated to Frau Lucy

ZackB

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Deep South
That's right, baby! While I did not read that entire mammoth clusterfuck thread of yours in the FZ today, I did notice that you acknowledged my ongoing cigar threads. So, as a tribute and "thank you" to you I am dedicating today's thread to you!

Today's choice is something I have never tried: a Camacho BG Meyer Gigante robusto large ring (52 or 54) with a maduro wrapper. It has a distinct taste - simultaneously earthy and fruity. It is medium bodied. Lit easy, burning well, fairly easy draw. Unique and distinct taste. Not at all unpleasant, but I am not quite sure yet whether it is for me. I do not usually smoke these large rings either. But I enjoy trying new things.

ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1459714183.991842.jpg
ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1459714197.942286.jpg

• Banned
So far this stick is underwhelming me. The flavor is ok. The body is weak. It does not even smoke like a medium body cigar. This may be one of those specialty niche smokes like Camacho's Ditka.
ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1459715524.763654.jpg

The ash is great, not all stogies do that. But the leaf makes a difference too.

And when ARE you going to clean those fingernails?

• Banned
It holds its ash well and stays lit. But it is basically a pussy smoke. I much prefer a full bodied smoke. However, even most mediums are ok. This is not a medium even though it is held out as such.

I cannot deny that it is a well made smoke. But the filler leaves are weak. It is basically for someone who just wants to be seen smoking a stick or upscale stag party/new baby gift.

Not a serious cigar.
ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1459716450.752467.jpg

ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1459716463.368602.jpg

C'mon, it's Sunday. I have been into a lot of stuff this weekend. I will get cleaned up later on tonight!

The thing is burning too fast. A large ring should not be burning so fast. This is another reason I think it's a beginner's stick.
ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1459716731.825406.jpg

C'mon, it's Sunday. I have been into a lot of stuff this weekend. I will get cleaned up later on tonight!
Just busting balls. On a side note I do a lot with my hands and almost always wear gloves. Rarely do my nails even get dirty. I knew a mechanic that somehow managed it, always had impeccable hands. Decided I'd never take my car to a mechanic with clean hands.

It usually takes me an hour and a half to smoke a robusto. Yet, it is still under an hour on this one.

Final Verdict: The BG Meyer Gigantes is an ok cigar. It certainly leaves a LOT to be desired for an $11 cigar. You can spend about half that and get a Padron or an Arturo Fuente that has much, much better taste and is constructed just as well as this one. That being said, it is still an ok cigar, just not right for me. My biggest gripe is that it is designated a medium body smoke when clearly it is not. So all in all, it is ok, though I will not buy another.

Forum List

Back