Decimated al Qaeda Captures Mosul & Tikrit Iraq

Oh, and you were in during a peacetime Army.

Things have changed. All of that spending Bush did went to giving our troops more shit than I ever had while I was in, and now Obama is just pissing it all away.

Bush's army was taking Chelsea Manning and Bowe Bergdahl because by 2008, one out of five new enlistees were getting waivers.

Cool Toys are nice, but they aren't a substitute for quality troops.

Oh, Bowe Bergdahl was thrown out of the Coast Guard for psychological reasons in 2006, but the Army signed him right up in 2008.

[

Oh, then we are supposed to let Turkey stop us?

The only reason Turkey said no was because they had been conspiring with Russia and Saddam to get what he had left out of the country and into Syria.

Well, that an 100% of their population was against slaughtering fellow Muslims. Oh, wait, it was ONLY about that. Most of the world thought invading Iraq was a horrible idea. Which is why most of our major allies didn't go along with it.

But, yeah, they were all conspiring to hide WMD's and make Bush look stupid.

[
I guess you've never worked with other country's units before. They tend to be uncooperative at times. You can't let some stick in the mud dictate the mission. The reason our military is the best in the world is because we don't stop when somebody puts a up a little road-block. We adapt and continue on with the mission.

I'm sure they did their very best. But here's the thing, all the Sticks in the Mud were right. Saddam didn't have WMD's. He didn't have an alliance with Al Qaeda. There was really no good reason to go in there, and everyone knew the country was going to collapse into chaos the moment we left.

[
It's one thing to go to war on short notice and hit a snag, but yet another to go unprepared when you've already had screw ups and refused to correct them. Our military doesn't consist of 100% armored units. We only have a limited number of mech units. Somebody has to do the ground pounding. Somebody has to jump out of airplanes. Somebody has to do the unconventional warfare missions. They all can't have everything they imagined when they go in. It's how fast you adapt to changes that matter. If the frago mission calls for a Battalion of Abrams to take down a village, or artillery is needed, or maybe an airstrike is needed, you call it in. Mission failure is usually the fault of higher ups. If they refuse to provide you with what you need, when you need it, the mission usually fail. But still, you have to do your best to make it work. Some of these Muslim countries don't understand this. That is why Iraq is falling as we speak.

Iraq is falling because Bush put a fellow idiot in charge.

Petreaus had the right idea. Bring the Sunnis into the government and have them have a stake.

Yes, Mission failure was the higher ups deciding to invade a country that wasn't our enemy over weapons that didn't exist without enough troops to get the job done.

Saddam had them and would continue to have them if we didn't take him out. Once he was gone the threat was gone. The problem is Bush thought that Muslims want the same kind of freedom we do. They don't understand that. That was the biggest mistake he made. They will never understand what it's like to be really free. It's not easy.

Oh, and you were in during a peacetime Army.

Things have changed. All of that spending Bush did went to giving our troops more shit than I ever had while I was in, and now Obama is just pissing it all away.

Bush's army was taking Chelsea Manning and Bowe Bergdahl because by 2008, one out of five new enlistees were getting waivers.

Cool Toys are nice, but they aren't a substitute for quality troops.

Oh, Bowe Bergdahl was thrown out of the Coast Guard for psychological reasons in 2006, but the Army signed him right up in 2008.

So Bush signed up Bergdahl and Manning?

Dude, stop wasting my time.

Go whine to somebody who cares about your problems. Make a call to mommy. Go talk to your priest. Do something to deal with your mental issues.

[

Saddam had them and would continue to have them if we didn't take him out. Once he was gone the threat was gone. The problem is Bush thought that Muslims want the same kind of freedom we do. They don't understand that. That was the biggest mistake he made. They will never understand what it's like to be really free. It's not easy.

Oh, the "Freedom" we have?

That would be the "freedom" to work yourself to death making a rich asshole richer? That Freedom?

Yeah, the Iraqis weren't too keen on that. They just wondering why we spent two decades punishing their country for no good reason.

Frankly, I can't blame them.

So let's review. The US puts Saddam into power because he was "our guy". Then he stopped being "our guy" when he invaded Kuwait. Then we drove him out of Kuwait, but the Iraqis wouldn't get rid of him like we expected. We, on the other hand, had the good sense to get rid of George H. Bush.

Well, sonny Bush comes in, and man, he's going to get that Saddam guy for making his daddy look bad.

And these poor Iraqis, who've been bombed, starved, shot, raped, and otherwise brutalized for decades by factions on all sides, they just don't understand that whole Freedom thing.

Hey, dude, less platitudes, more practicality. If ISIS is winning, it's probably because a lot of Iraqis look at them as guys who can get things done.

[

So Bush signed up Bergdahl and Manning?

Dude, stop wasting my time.

Go whine to somebody who cares about your problems. Make a call to mommy. Go talk to your priest. Do something to deal with your mental issues.

They signed up under Bush because Bush kept lowering the standards.

Bergdahl got thrown out of the Coast Guard for psychological problems.

Manning almost washed out of basic training.

But gosh darn, Bush had to keep manpower in the army, with less people signing up. You can only run the same National Guard unit through the meat grinder so many times.

[

Oh, the "Freedom" we have?

That would be the "freedom" to work yourself to death making a rich asshole richer? That Freedom?

Yeah, the Iraqis weren't too keen on that. They just wondering why we spent two decades punishing their country for no good reason.

Frankly, I can't blame them.

So let's review. The US puts Saddam into power because he was "our guy". Then he stopped being "our guy" when he invaded Kuwait. Then we drove him out of Kuwait, but the Iraqis wouldn't get rid of him like we expected. We, on the other hand, had the good sense to get rid of George H. Bush.

Well, sonny Bush comes in, and man, he's going to get that Saddam guy for making his daddy look bad.

And these poor Iraqis, who've been bombed, starved, shot, raped, and otherwise brutalized for decades by factions on all sides, they just don't understand that whole Freedom thing.

Hey, dude, less platitudes, more practicality. If ISIS is winning, it's probably because a lot of Iraqis look at them as guys who can get things done.

I showed you the reality and you continue this Drama Queen act.

Only a dyed in the wool Democrat can turn a positive into shit.

You're good at it. Negative thinking is your forte.

You'd never make it in Special Forces Selection. Not only do they look for studs, and guys with the mental capacity for problem solving, but they need people with a positive attitude to do the mission when everyone else is calling it quits. That's why I don't respect Obama. He's a quitter.

[

You'd never make it in Special Forces Selection. Not only do they look for studs, and guys with the mental capacity for problem solving, but they need people with a positive attitude to do the mission when everyone else is calling it quits. That's why I don't respect Obama. He's a quitter.

Guy, most of the SF guys I met were a couple of tacos short of a combination platter.

That I wouldn't qualify to be a sociopath is kind of a relief.

Sending young men off to die for the Zionists and the Oil companies was a stupid idea in 1991, it was a stupid idea in 2003, and it's a stupid idea now.

IT WAS A STUPID FUCKING IDEA!

Seriously, these people have been fighting each other since the beginning of Islam. You think we are going to pop in and talk about "Freedom" and "Capitalism" and suddenly they are going to get dollar signs in their eyes and say, "Yeah, forget about that fight we've been having for 1400 years!"

You have no idea how hard it was to catch those 5 Taliban generals, and Obama lets them out.

Do you understand how angry that makes the guys that caught them, the guys that spent time looking for them?

Do you understand how angry the guys that spent multiple tours in Iraq are today seeing that our boy king that never worked hard a day in his life just leaves Iraq because it's too tough for him.....and now the radicals are cutting off heads in the streets, which is exactly what will be happening in Afghanistan once we leave.

You have no idea how hard it was to catch those 5 Taliban generals, and Obama lets them out.

Do you understand how angry that makes the guys that caught them, the guys that spent time looking for them?

Do you understand how angry the guys that spent multiple tours in Iraq are today seeing that our boy king that never worked hard a day in his life just leaves Iraq because it's too tough for him.....and now the radicals are cutting off heads in the streets, which is exactly what will be happening in Afghanistan once we leave.

Oh, oh, are we changing the subject now? I thought we were talking about Iraq, and you were explaining to me how getting involved in someone else's civil war was a wonderful idea.

Okay, new topic.

Your Boy Bush had these five Taliban generals in custody for 7 years. He didn't charge them with a crime, he didn't turn them over to the Hague for trial. He did release 530 other Islamic militants from Iraq and Afghanistan from Gitmo and probably thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan because, hey, you can't hold POW's indefinitely especially after wars end.

Frankly, guy, People in Iraq were murdering each other before we got involved. They were murdering each other despite our being there, and they'll keep on murdering each other when we leave.

Same with Afghanistan. Part of this is because these countries are artificial creations that throw different tribes into a country with nothing in common, part of it is because we stick our dicks in the Hornet's nest and wonder why we get stung.

Saddam and Bin Laden were both guys the CIA thought we could work with because they were "our guys'.

Maybe we should just realize, none of these people are "our guys" and just leave it at that.

[

Guy, most of the SF guys I met were a couple of tacos short of a combination platter.

That I wouldn't qualify to be a sociopath is kind of a relief.

Sending young men off to die for the Zionists and the Oil companies was a stupid idea in 1991, it was a stupid idea in 2003, and it's a stupid idea now.

IT WAS A STUPID FUCKING IDEA!

Seriously, these people have been fighting each other since the beginning of Islam. You think we are going to pop in and talk about "Freedom" and "Capitalism" and suddenly they are going to get dollar signs in their eyes and say, "Yeah, forget about that fight we've been having for 1400 years!"

SF guys are highly trained and also extremely intelligent. We all go through psych screening and Wonderlick testing.

Yes, Arabs have been killing each other for hundreds of years. If you leave them alone they get bored with it and start killing their neighbors. Eventually they get the idea that killing us here is a great idea. And you have to squash their nuts when they try it. Otherwise they will continue to kill us.

Oh, oh, are we changing the subject now? I thought we were talking about Iraq, and you were explaining to me how getting involved in someone else's civil war was a wonderful idea.

Okay, new topic.

Your Boy Bush had these five Taliban generals in custody for 7 years. He didn't charge them with a crime, he didn't turn them over to the Hague for trial. He did release 530 other Islamic militants from Iraq and Afghanistan from Gitmo and probably thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan because, hey, you can't hold POW's indefinitely especially after wars end.

Frankly, guy, People in Iraq were murdering each other before we got involved. They were murdering each other despite our being there, and they'll keep on murdering each other when we leave.

Same with Afghanistan. Part of this is because these countries are artificial creations that throw different tribes into a country with nothing in common, part of it is because we stick our dicks in the Hornet's nest and wonder why we get stung.

Saddam and Bin Laden were both guys the CIA thought we could work with because they were "our guys'.

Maybe we should just realize, none of these people are "our guys" and just leave it at that.

Dude, I have to go to work.

[

SF guys are highly trained and also extremely intelligent. We all go through psych screening and Wonderlick testing.

Yes, Arabs have been killing each other for hundreds of years. If you leave them alone they get bored with it and start killing their neighbors. Eventually they get the idea that killing us here is a great idea. And you have to squash their nuts when they try it. Otherwise they will continue to kill us.

Maybe we need to check that test..

Anyway, back to the point. The Iraqis weren't bothering anyone when we decided to invade them in 2003.

And Bin Laden would have never had the idea of killing us here as a good idea if your boy Reagan didn't call him a Freedom Fighter and give him a gross of Stinger Missiles to kill Russians with.

But those bad old Commies were teaching girls to read... or something... Um, "Freedom".

Hey, here's a whacky idea. How about not getting involved in other people's problems?

Okay, new topic.

Concession duly noted.

Obama took Operation Iraqi Freedom and turned into Operation Iraqi Clusterfuck

Actually, it was a clusterfuck from the word Go.

You know, when Bush sent in not enough troops with unarmored vehicles and paper mache bullet proof vests and Halliburton got rich selling faulty electrical work and $20.00 hamburgers and feces laden water.

Again, Frank, simple solution. You and all your Neo-Con pals need to form an Abraham Lincoln Brigade to go over there and show the Iraqis how it's done.
if you didn't lie you'd have no posts.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

[

Maybe we need to check that test..

Anyway, back to the point. The Iraqis weren't bothering anyone when we decided to invade them in 2003.

And Bin Laden would have never had the idea of killing us here as a good idea if your boy Reagan didn't call him a Freedom Fighter and give him a gross of Stinger Missiles to kill Russians with.

But those bad old Commies were teaching girls to read... or something... Um, "Freedom".

Hey, here's a whacky idea. How about not getting involved in other people's problems?

We tried that, and we got 911.

You are so clueless.

Okay, new topic.

Concession duly noted.

No, just throwing pearls before swine is a lost cause.

You are correct. Iran does not support Isis. Iran is calling for an international response against Isis.

The war hawks still have the pipe dream that Iran is next. They just make shit up as they go along and hope nobody is paying attention to their bullshit so that it sticks.

Nope, next is Kuwait, and then Saudi Arabia.

Nobody wants Iran.

KSA is Sunni.

Why would Sunnis from Iraq attack KSA?
You haven't have even the faintest clue regarding the geography of the area.

To get that oil, Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990 and Kuwait is majority Sunni as well.

the whole world knows iran is building a nuke; except for left-wing nutjobs

and why would iran have a huge problem with anybody destabilizing iraq; their hated arab enemi

Because Iraq is governed by shiites you idiot.

good one you idiot; what did nice old iran do to help the Iraqi government fight off sunne extremists when we were there?

When the US was there, the Iraqi government did not need Iran.

:lol:

Stupid is Funny.

Nope, next is Kuwait, and then Saudi Arabia.

Nobody wants Iran.

KSA is Sunni.

Why would Sunnis from Iraq attack KSA?
You haven't have even the faintest clue regarding the geography of the area.

To get that oil, Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1990 and Kuwait is majority Sunni as well.

Well, it didn't turn out very well before. Better luck a second time? I think not.

However, you are correct: Kuwait is mostly Sunni: But KSA is still not Kuwait.

like I said idiot; I was there; I have seen how they are

yes they are governed by Shiites; but they are all duplicitous; everybody there is playing both sides

The fact that you were there, and still cannot understand the difference between Sunni and Shiite confirms that you are probably too mentally disabled to credabliy write a post.

Please pick up a prize at the door for trying.

I understand we still have shiny objects; you may still have time to get one....hurry.

Forum List

Back